No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buidling a shed in the back yard. 10x12 lean-to. Had my son home helping but he went back to school so I have to finish it myself. Got the roof sheeting done today. It was a challenge getting the boards up on it, but got that part done today. Need to finish the roof, build the door, install the window and trim it.
    It is slow going for somebody my age, but I am plugging along.

thumbnail_IMG_4230.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I’m in Lafayette, LA. Just finished dining at a nearby restaurant called Fezzo’s in the close-by berg of Broussard.

Had my rare ribeye smothered in crawfish. After my fourth beer and third generous pour of bourbon, I ordered another drink and worried that she would want to cut me off after so much, informed her that I was not driving. She smiled and said, “Sir, we deal with Cajuns here. You’re not even close to being cut off.”

It’s good to be home.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I’m in Lafayette, LA. Just finished dining at a nearby restaurant called Fezzo’s in the close-by berg of Broussard.

Had my rare ribeye smothered in crawfish. After my fourth beer and third generous pour of bourbon, I ordered another drink and worried that she would want to cut me off after so much, informed her that I was not driving. She smiled and said, “Sir, we deal with Cajuns here. You’re not even close to being cut off.”

It’s good to be home.
        Ha! I knew where that was headed.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I spent the week cooking for 30 cross country runners and riding a bike around dirt roads to make sure they didn't get bit by dogs or hit by Trumpers. I got home and slept for about 12 hours straight.

Comment

Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• [vc_row][vc_column][vc_raw_html]JTNDaWZyYW1lJTIwd2lkdGglM0QlMjI1NjAlMjIlMjBoZWlnaHQlM0QlMjIzMTUlMjIlMjBzcmMlM0QlMjJodHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbSUyRmVtYmVkJTJGR2NWU0MtQmdUd3clMjIlMjB0aXRsZSUzRCUyMllvdVR1YmUlMjB2aWRlbyUyMHBsYXllciUyMiUyMGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyJTNEJTIyMCUyMiUyMGFsbG93JTNEJTIyYWNjZWxlcm9tZXRlciUzQiUyMGF1dG9wbGF5JTNCJTIwY2xpcGJvYXJkLXdyaXRlJTNCJTIwZW5jcnlwdGVkLW1lZGlhJTNCJTIwZ3lyb3Njb3BlJTNCJTIwcGljdHVyZS1pbi1waWN0dXJlJTIyJTIwYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuJTNFJTNDJTJGaWZyYW1lJTNF[/vc_raw_html][/vc_column][/vc_row]

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post

Comment

• 👍👍👍

I can't believe that this guy would lose to Trump in the primaries by 30 points. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong. He gets results.

efd9ccab579ce5c8.jpg

Comment

• 298453057_612362893586797_2207225055722017414_n.jpg?stp=cp1_dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=gH7NZX52pxoAX-4p6uu&tn=OBzq7Vkkwg0LCeMv&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9Jo4g8CnGehbQZ5vt8Z_KVcHEGnihwjY1
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• :::expecting the LOON SQUAD any moment:::
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Those new IRS agents are not going to go after "the rich". They're coming after the rest of us.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ukraine: Reports are emerging from "official" Ukrainian sources that partisans, along with Ukrainian Special Forces conducted the operation involving the destruction of 8 aircraft and ancillary buildings on the Saki Airbase in Crimea. I suppose this is possible but the extent of it would have required infiltration of a heavily patrolled Russian installation with a fairly large force. This wasn't a Seal team type op. It is also possible that Ukraine is protecting the actual details of the operation to conceal what weapons were used.

On the military front, reports continue that the Ukrainians have managed to isolate a large number of Russian forces in and around Kherson by striking supply lines of communication and stock piles of ammunition and supplies. All 3 bridges leading into Kherson, previously used by Russian logistics units to move heavy equipment, fuel and ammunition into defensive positions around Kherson are "unusable" for that purpose .Analysts believe that because of this the Russians are not in a position to launch any large scale offensives in the Zaphoriza province from Kherson.

Not only is it believed Russian forces in the south of Ukraine can't operate offensively, monitoring various sources, it's been learned that there is significant concern regarding the Russian forces ability to successfully defend Kherson against a Ukrainian offensive and not necessarily a large one. There is also evidence that the Russian Army is restarting previously slowed offensive operations in and around Kharkiv further north and Donetsk in the eastern Donbas. The purpose of that would be to force the Ukrainian forces to redeploy combat assets from Kherson to Kharkiv and the Donbas, relieving pressure there on the Russian occupiers.

It has been clear that, having learned from combat against Russian proxy forces and Russia forces themselves since 2014 that the Ukrainians do not believe they can directly confront the Russians on a 1 : 1 basis. We're not likely to see Ukraine winning big battles that result in a Russian retreat from occupied territory. Accordingly, they are using small unit, guerilla like forces to disrupt supplies. The intent is to slow Russian advances and to that end they have been successful. Lately, the number of Ukrainian military casualties has fallen. Frustration levels of political players in Moscow over the inability of the Russian forces to make big gains becomes more and more obvious as reflected in multiple observed quarters. One of them is the difficulty Russian authorities are having in "recruiting" soldiers and of the few that are recruited, they are quickly sent, mostly untrained, to the front lines in Ukraine. Another is evidence that the Kremlin is ordering increased control by government administrators in Moscow of the country's military industrial complex. That is akin to whipping tired horses who lack food, water and rest. Sanctions are working here. These indicators contribute to the overall view of western analysts that Putin cannot sustain his special military operation in Ukraine through the winter months and into spring. There are also skeptics of this view who believe Putin will muddle along in a sort of slow burn of western resolve and Ukrainians, tired of conflict and the disruptions to life that's bringing, advocating for political compromises.

On the political front, I've posted previously about Russian plans to "Russianize" occupied Ukrainian land. What's happening though is that resistance from both civilians and local partisan defense forces is thwarting these plans. Planned referendums that the Russian hoped to stage in Mariupol and Kherson get repeatedly postponed. That is because Russian administrators aren't in control and importantly fear for their safety. High level Russian administrators in these two cities have been targeted with bombings and shootings. For months, Russian propaganda in cities they destroyed has bragged about rebuilding them. They can't because military control is lacking. Those same conditions are beginning to emerge in presently Russian occupied cities in the Donbas. Analysts predicted that while the Russian army could destroy and occupy cities previously under Ukrainian control, staying in power there would be another matter all-together. Not only are the Russians short of front line soldiers, they are also short of bodies to control Ukrainian residents who don't want to be controlled and are actively or passively resisting. Most Ukrainians, not all, aren't welcoming the Russians with open arms. Those that do are being identified by Ukrainian policing authorities as collaborators, captured, tried, convicted and imprisoned. It's not just the Russians being brutal. In this case, Ukrainian nationalists, when they are in a position to do so, and some are, are ruthless.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The content was flooding far-right message boards and social media platforms. Phrases including "civil war" and "lock and load" trended on several of them.

Comment

• 90d0d112758b1b0d.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X