No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At any rate, how are you fellas going to get the very charismatic Ron DeSantis on the ballot if you can't banish Trump to the hinterlands? Normal party politics on either side determine that when a guy loses a presidential election, the party moves on. They give that loser a "New phone, who dis?" treatment. He lost, you should have moved on, instead they make up some weird alternate reality where the election was stolen. The losses of Cheney and to a lesser extent Meijer are so striking because they were a tiny fraction of the GOP that told the truth that he lost the election and they paid then price for it. On January 7th and 8th it looked the GOP might finally break with Trump but then it was back to kissing his ass.

Just hoping for Trump to go away to pave the way for the charismatic Ron DeSantis is not a strategy. If there were more Cheneys to tell Trump to STFU and take a hike, you would get your wish.

Comment

• Just wondering why the Dems are so worried about a train wreck like Trump running...they should WANT him to run.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They do. It’s why they run ads in R primaries for Trump candidates. And for good reason — he might be the only R option that would lose to The Chairman.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's because Trump can win in 2024. He has the best chance of any of the Republicans because his devoted base has sworn their fealty to him. You fellas might have fallen hard for the magnetic Ron DeSantis but I suspect you are the outliers holding on to a time prior to Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            They do. It’s why they run ads in R primaries for Trump candidates. And for good reason — he might be the only R option that would lose to The Chairman.
            No they allegedly ran ads against Meijer because Meijer is a much stronger candidate than Gibbs. And those Gibbs ads were thoroughly anti-Gibbs

Comment

• I think a chimpanzee could beat the Big Guy at this point...but I digress...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump only has to get to 47 percent and he can eke out a victory.

In what way can Ron DeSantis beat Trump in a primary? Trump will whip him in a debate. Not like on policy issues or anything like that, the crude, rude insults will win the day.

Trump has gamed it well. Either NRO dreamboat DeSantis agrees with Trump that the election was stolen therefore eliminating himself as a viable candidate. The other scenario is he says, "no Donald, you lost the election" and that triggers the same reaction Cheney did to the base.

Comment

Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• download (1).jpeg
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• DeSantis is better than Trump. That's not saying much, as any piece of unidentified roadside feces is better than DJT. What does matter is the percentage of drooling knuckle draggers that remain in the thrall of Messiah DJT. Today, right now, it doesn't matter that DeSantis has actual political positions as opposed to DJT's universe of ME. Perhaps it will matter in '23 at the convention, depends on other candidates that will emerge like Pence, or Hogan or someone not yet on the radar.

DeSantis is an authoritarian thug who doesn't care about people's rights, only about his winning culture wars. Look what he does, hear what he says. Take school mask mandates. Clearly opposed, and made a big splash stating such decisions should not be made by the feds or the state. Should be a local decision, its all about individual freedom made at that level. So what happened when a couple of school boards came out and said, yeah, we're going to do a mask mandate locally? He came down on them like a ton of bricks. Fuck local freedom, that's only a sound bite, so long as it serves my purpose. Or the Disney nonsense. Agree with what I say or I will financially harm you. DeSantis is a thug, the right wing version of Pete Buttygig. Culture warriors in search of victims, both to prey on and to hold up.

Culture warriors are the antithesis of freedom. Doesn't matter if you're right or left, you're anti-American scum if culture wars are even in your top ten. If two consenting adults live under the same roof, it doesn't matter if they're married or not, make this or that reproductive choice, have a dozen firearms, practice a particular religion, or whatever. These culture war asshats are the biggest threat of the near future. Once we shake the personality cult(s) from politics, we'll see how much damage culture warriors and their whataboutism can do.
                      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

No they allegedly ran ads against Meijer because Meijer is a much stronger candidate than Gibbs. And those Gibbs ads were thoroughly anti-Gibbs
                        They were anti-Gibbs only in painting Gibbs as Pro-Trump. It's a cute little way the DCCC rationalizes it. And, of course, they ran ads in lots of other races, too. Not just your little corner of hell.

The Ds want Pro-Trump candidates to win primaries. It's not even debatable.

Comment

• And it's cute how the resident Ds here think DeSantis is such a weak candidate and that DJT is so strong -- in the general. It's cute how they essentially swallow the entire Media narrative on DeSantis without an iota of actual thought. I mean, the same folks who were screaming for vaccine mandates and mask mandates think DeSantis is some sort of fascist for saying no to mask mandates. Let me reiterate -- he's a fascist because he's opposed to government imposing limiting freedom of individuals.. That's where we are.

He's a real problem for the Ds in 2024. DJT is their only way out. And anyone an ounce of political acumen knows that. DJT will be extremely difficult to beat in the primary. I think is impossible to beat with a semi-crowded primary. The only chance RD has is in something that is essentially 1v1. Regardless, the Ds and The Media will do everything they can to make sure DJT wins, as they did in 2016. That's who they want to run against. That's who they're still running against in 2022. God knows they ain't running on ideas.

BIDEN BOOM!!!!!!
                          Last edited by iam416; August 18, 2022, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                            DeSantis is an authoritarian thug who doesn't care about people's rights, only about his winning culture wars. Look what he does, hear what he says. Take school mask mandates. Clearly opposed, and made a big splash stating such decisions should not be made by the feds or the state. Should be a local decision, its all about individual freedom made at that level. So what happened when a couple of school boards came out and said, yeah, we're going to do a mask mandate locally? He came down on them like a ton of bricks. Fuck local freedom, that's only a sound bite, so long as it serves my purpose. Or the Disney nonsense. Agree with what I say or I will financially harm you. DeSantis is a thug, the right wing version of Pete Buttygig. Culture warriors in search of victims, both to prey on and to hold up.
                            IIRC, Desantis was about individual freedom not "local freedom". He banned mask mandates in schools because he looked at the data and realized they weren't effective in stopping the spread of Covid and that particular cohort has a minuscule risk from the disease. There are very few developed countries in the world that masked children during the pandemic. Europe realized early on that masking children had an adverse effect on mental health and cognitive development. Yet in the U.S., people acted like it was child abuse NOT to strap a useless piece of cloth to your kid's face for 8 hours a day. You want to talk about culture war stuff? Nothing comes close to the Corona-bros and Lockdown Karens.

Florida never locked down or closed schools and their Covid numbers were right in the fat part of the bell curve. IOW, they didn't sacrifice individual liberty for the illusion of safety. At one point they had 4% unemployment while California was at 12%. Covid is/was gonna Covid. It's how you react to it that matters. It's hard to find anyone who handled the situation better as a governor than Ron Desantis.

Comment

• Republicans could always, y'know, foil the Dems' plans by not voting for Admiral Asshat and his Moron Flotilla.

Comment

• 0987d9d6c8832b84.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X