Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Hopefully she'll run for President as an independant and fuck the moronic Trumpsters and DeSatanists square in the ass.
    She hinted at that last night in her "I lost" speech.

My guess is if she ran an independent campaign for President, she'd poll somewhat lower than Karamello Giggles did. She's not even popular in WYOMING, much less the rest of the country.

And its amazing how many Democrat/Progs love the Cheney family this morning. Until recently the Cheney name was right up there on the hate scale with the Bush's and Trumps.

She's done as a Republican, unless she moves to Cally or NY. There's enough rinos there that would give her another shot.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• She's done. Period.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Funny how you and Hannibal insist you're ready for someone other than Trump,. Yet anyone who isn't prepared to suck Trump's nuts and lick his taint has no place in the Republican party as far as either of you is concerned. Dear Leader MUST be obeyed!

You even support a transgender groomer over a disloyal Republican. Pretty wild.
        C'mon DSL, there is a big and obvious difference between DeSantis and Cheney. Cheney's opponent was even more irrelevant than Trump's opponent in 2020. This is a vote "against".

Comment

• EFZ
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
            .. above a deranged criminal and his knuckle dragging minions. And because of her integrity, she gets primaried out. George Carlin absolutely must have been thinking of the Wyoming GOP voters when he said “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
            That sounds a lot more like the arrogance and condescension that Hillary spewed about "deplorables". How did that work out for her?

Be careful who you insult because most of those people are smarter than you think they are, contribute more to this society than you think they do and they realize that while George Carlin got a helluva lot of things right, there's no way the progs would ever let him on ANY stage if they had their way.

Comment

• I think the message was clear...the continued Trump derangement is not what most Americans want. Move on for fuck sake. He is no longer POTUS and if he is a truly horrible person why the fuck do Dems and NT/RINO's fear him so much? Americans want the pols to focus on the real problems...not this loony left wing climate change Trump derangement bullshit.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If you don't think she would take conservative votes away from batshit crazy Trump or DeSatan you are fooling yourself.

She is a true conservative. Her voting record supports that. Her only "fault" is that she is not batshit crazy and dared to stand up to Trump and his Big Lie.

I would never vote for her, but you can bet your ass that there are plenty of conservatives that are tired of Trump and his bullshit and would.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

C'mon DSL, there is a big and obvious difference between DeSantis and Cheney. Cheney's opponent was even more irrelevant than Trump's opponent in 2020. This is a vote "against".
                  Against what exactly? My argument is that the only thing that made Cheney a "bad Republican" is she didn't fall in line and praise the emperor's clothes. You certainly can't point to substantive policy differences as to why she can no longer be considered a Republican. She' has a more conservative track record than Kevin McCarthy or Elise Stefanik, that's for sure.

If Trump announces he's running for reelection do you want DeSantis to stand aside or challenge him?

Comment

Against what exactly? My argument is that the only thing that made Cheney a "bad Republican" is she didn't fall in line and praise the emperor's clothes. You certainly can't point to substantive policy differences as to why she can no longer be considered a Republican. She' has a more conservative track record than Kevin McCarthy or Elise Stefanik, that's for sure.

If Trump announces he's running for reelection do you want DeSantis to stand aside or challenge him?
                    Exactly.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

She hinted at that last night in her "I lost" speech.

My guess is if she ran an independent campaign for President, she'd poll somewhat lower than Karamello Giggles did. She's not even popular in WYOMING, much less the rest of the country.

And its amazing how many Democrat/Progs love the Cheney family this morning. Until recently the Cheney name was right up there on the hate scale with the Bush's and Trumps.

She's done as a Republican, unless she moves to Cally or NY. There's enough rinos there that would give her another shot.
                      I'd say there is about a 60% chance of Cheney running a third-party campaign for President if Trump is the GOP nominee. She would have the backing of Dem money and of the NeverTrump Republicans. I think she could get the Libertarian nomination if she wanted.

The worst vote I ever cast was for Ross Perot in 1992. I think he ended up with about 16% of the Presidential vote, but he certainly cost Daddy Bush a second term. That gave us Hillary, and Bill, and Gore and then Obama. Clinton got only 43% of the vote. Bad mistake by me and the other 16% who basically voted against Bush 41 because he promised not to raise taxes and then did so.

As an aside, this ranked-voting bullshit is going to end up badly, IMO. The US has been served very well by single-member districts. The primaries should be used to nominate two persons for an office, and then the voters make a choice. I don't like anything that smacks of a parliamentary system. The Dem system for picking a presidential nominee (proportionate delegates) simply gives the nomination choice to the Super Delegates. Give me the winner-take-all primary system the Rs have. It tends to identify the candidate early, and it allows an outsider to make a hostile takeover of the party.

Comment

• Saw Mike Pence say he'd consider testifying to the Jan 6th Committee but it'd be unprecedented for an ex-VP to be summoned to testify.

Without going into the merits of Pence's testimony his claim isn't true. Maybe he's splitting hair and saying none have ever been compelled to testify unvoluntarily before. I don't know if that's true, but it's certainly not true that Presidents and Vice Presidents don't testify before Congress. The last to do it was Ford, while serving as President, but it's happened plenty of times before him.

U.S. Senate: Sitting Presidents & Vice Presidents Who Have Testified Before Congressional Committees

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

As an aside, this ranked-voting bullshit is going to end up badly, IMO. The US has been served very well by single-member districts. The primaries should be used to nominate two persons for an office, and then the voters make a choice. I don't like anything that smacks of a parliamentary system. The Dem system for picking a presidential nominee (proportionate delegates) simply gives the nomination choice to the Super Delegates. Give me the winner-take-all primary system the Rs have. It tends to identify the candidate early, and it allows an outsider to make a hostile takeover of the party.
                          Ranked voting helps moderates & centrists. I can understand hardcore conservatives like you or far left Progs not liking it. Normal primaries increasingly reward extremists

Comment

Ranked voting helps moderates & centrists. I can understand hardcore conservatives like you or far left Progs not liking it. Normal primaries increasingly reward extremists
                            When Centrists do nothing but follow the crowd and flow where the wind takes them, then it's better to have ideologues in there.

Comment

• A post here this morning on the Wyoming electorate that dumped Cheney

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

I am very good friends with a Marine officer I served with who is now a practicing attorney in Wyoming and has been for over 30 years. His area of practice is defending businesses who are victims of environmental extremism. He served during the Bush administration as Undersecretary of the Interior. To say he is not a fierce advocate for responsible limits on the damage environmentalist can do in Wyoming - a state populated by farmers, cattlemen, oilmen and shale oil extractors - is an understatement.

Look, Cheney's opponent in the primary, if anything, is a huge supporter of Wyoming economic interests and also fiercely resists efforts by environmentalists - and these efforts are well funded from out of state - to ruin the state's economy by government over-regulation of the oil, farming and cattle industries. IOW, Cheney's defeat is less about "Trump's sway within the Republican party" and the perception that he is America's savior and more about an obvious anti-D, anti-progressive ground swell. Trump is an ass clown and this isn't about him even though he stupidly thikks it is.

Pretty sure I've seen a recent poll that asked R's if they supported a conservative ideology because they supported Donald Trump and his championing of these or whether they supported conservative ideologies but did not support DJT. It was something like 60/40 did not support Trump. I don't know that the Wyoming electorate is "stupid" or not in supporting a Trump endorsed candidate and dumping Liz Cheney. My suspicion is that they are smart, don't particularly like DJT and elected a candidate in Hageman that is the quintessential anti-progressive, anti leftist, anti environmental extremist.

The media is assigning way too much credit to Trump (IMO) for recent primary results when what I believe is at play here is an across America rejection of, in particular, radical progressive ideologies, as well as the D's penchant to advance the administrative and nanny state through legislation and, failing that, the courts.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff can you be a little more specific about the Prog policies and nanny state legislation Liz Cheney voted for that Harriet Hageman is against? Do you think Cheney would have still lost this election even if she had whole-heartedly gushed about how great Trump is? You're claiming she lost because of her policies and her disloyalty to Trump is irrelevant.

I, to put it mildly, am underwhelmed by that hot take.

Comment

Working...
                                X