No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference in leaders is dictators like Putin play the long game compared to our president who has to make his name in history books for a much shorter time frame. So their decisions are going to be different. Biden's Barney bad ass approach may look good to many now but could have irreparable damage in the near future. It's going to be a long cold winter for many..

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I think high immigration is a necessity seeing as white people have quit fucking and should be a more simple process.

Yep, 21 bucks an hour but not enough hrs to get benefits. (BTW, it's time for universal health care)

You can't hire a contractor right now. They pay pretty well, don't they? Not enough workers. We need immigrants.

What does a member of a roofing crew make? Apparently not enough for white folks, because I haven't seen a white man on a roof for about 10 years
      What does the pickle farmer pay to harvest cucumbers in the thumb these days? Strawberry and other fruit pickers, hotel maids, house keepers?
      So you're good with it. Thank you for answering.

Comment

• Putin may be thinking long-term he can outlast the West, and he's possibly right, but a lot of the stuff I read suggests the actual execution of the war is almost completely short-term thinking. There's virtually no strategy. He's just fired another round of Generals and he personally interferes with the military constantly, issuing direct orders.

The Russian Far Right flipped out over the past 24 hours that Putin traded 200 Azov Battalion POWs, including some commander, just to get a Ukrainian buddy of his returned.

He can force people to the front and try to overwhelm Ukraine with sheer numbers but they'll be poorly trained and poorly equipped. Every man he takes out of a factory to go die in a Donetsk minefield is one less man to make steel or weapons. Early on the mobilization looks like you might expect. They're going to squeeze every last drop out of the more rural, ethnically non-Russian regions like Dagestan and Chechnya before turning to the two big cities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Funny this topic should come up. I just spent part of my morning emailing our Little League officers regarding conduct of the opposing coach in our game last night (of 6-8 year-olds!) Dude complained about every single close call that didn't go his way and he was dead WRONG on all but 1 of them which occurred in the last inning when the game was essentially over. The umpire was probably 12-13 years-old and finished the game in tears. The guy was even jawing at our parents. Our 3rd base coach said he was dropping F-bombs in their dugout in the last inning. Just a complete asshole. Oh, and we boat-raced their first place asses!
          The 'coach' needs to be permanently banned from coaching in that league. I've often wished that there was some sort of state, or even national data base where names could be added for people who have been tossed out of leagues for bad behavior and abuse. People like that have no place coaching children of any age.

I really feel sorry for the kid that was umpiring. I can't tell you how many times we brought new youngsters with us to youth league games to let them gain some on field experience, only to have some a$$hole coach rail on them all game long, and drive the kid out of the profession. They say, "sorry, this isn't for me". THIS is why there is such a shortage of officials. New people aren't allowed to LEARN. They must be PERFECT from the git--go, or some idiot coach will harrass them until they give up. "Well, if they can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen". Well, guess what, .. the kitchen is now bare. Who do you call now?

Of course another reason there is such a shortage is because about 10 years ago, when there was an excess of officials, many were turned away because there were no games for them. All the good old boys had to have their plum assignments, and the assignors made sure they got them. Now, the good old boys are retiring, and there's nobody waiting in the wings to take over.

And then there are guys like me who were denied games due to our overweight appearance. But, that's a discussion for another day.
          Last edited by lineygoblue; September 22, 2022, 01:04 PM.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 82f48344b1348dc3.jpg

Comment

• ef4603d045646d67.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                He can force people to the front and try to overwhelm Ukraine with sheer numbers but they'll be poorly trained and poorly equipped. Every man he takes out of a factory to go die in a Donetsk minefield is one less man to make steel or weapons. Early on the mobilization looks like you might expect. They're going to squeeze every last drop out of the more rural, ethnically non-Russian regions like Dagestan and Chechnya before turning to the two big cities.
                Hummm, that makes it sound like Russia would be a GREAT place to send illegals. Border crisis SOLVED!

Comment

• e5e1e4655af2354c.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                    The difference in leaders is dictators like Putin play the long game compared to our president who has to make his name in history books for a much shorter time frame. So their decisions are going to be different. Biden's Barney bad ass approach may look good to many now but could have irreparable damage in the near future. It's going to be a long cold winter for many..
                    Huh? Putin's gambit is looking more foolish as the war goes on. They were more interested in planning a victory parade in Kyiv in March than planning a war. He has had to resort to a draft and watch the populace flee the country, nice long term thinking!

Comment

• This MAGA creep who lied about his military service might soon represent my hometown. The district used to lean Dem but was redrawn to basically be a tossup.

Dude claims he was an Air Force combat vet in Afghanistan right after 9/11. In reality he spent 6 months loading planes at a base in Qatar. Never was near any fighting or “tough conditions”

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Paging Sen. Blumenthal.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            STFU
                            What's the going rate in Ogallala County to bribe a health inspector these days?

Comment

• One of the things that has occurred to me in trying to understand how Putin is formulating a strategy in Ukraine is the context in which he might be doing it.

His long term approach to global politics that advances his country's interests is to create western instability and discord. His invasion of Ukraine viewed in that context is a single battle in a larger war v. western hegemony. Putin, among other authoritarians, seek a multipolar global order that replaces the current unipolar one with the US the central player on the global stage.

I think its important to understand that Putin cares nothing about the costs to Russia or Ukraine in pursuit of his larger strategy. He believes, in the long run he is prepared to endure, the costs to the west will far exceed the costs to Russia. Seeing the conflict in that light renders the tactical back and forth in the battle space subordinated to economic and political chaos his invasion of ukraine creates in the west and particularly in the US.

I can argue Putin is playing a winning hand overall, not a loosing one that the western press shortsightedly seems determined to portray it as. This position may be giving too much credit to Putin and underestimates the problems he faces going forward. It's too early to confidently predict that either position is 100% the correct one.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

What's the going rate in Ogallala County to bribe a health inspector these days?
                                Well since there is no Ogallala County...couldn't tell ya. Also...don't live in the city of Ogallala anyway. You might do a Google search before you come up with lame smack.

horrible
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X