X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a good response from Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Mike & Talent urge Georgians to write-in Matlock. Make hot dog vendors great again.
      image.png
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's not the exact quote, but the image of Hutz wins out over 100% accuracy.

Comment

• 2aksu5.jpg

Comment

And as far as politicians hiding their real intentions, ol Rick Scott really pissed off Cocaine Mitch by telling people the truth about what Republicans will do if they ever have enough power.

Goodbye social security. Goodbye Medicaire. Big tax cuts for the rich, tax hikes for anyone making less than six figures. Utopia is on the horizon!
            Really, I missed that. Could you post where you got that information, please?

Comment

• Herschel's gone on multiple conservative radio shows (Kilmeade, Hugh Hewitt, etc.) since then and they've all asked him about it. Seems like they consider credible enough or they wouldn't even mention it. Herschel's own son hasn't the slightest doubt it's true. And if that kid's a secret prog he's been playing one hell of a long con.

I suspect froot is right and the woman intends to eventually reveal herself. She's just feeding Walker rope to hang himself. He's already acknowledged fathering multiple illegitimate kids. Can't be that hard for reporters to track down their mothers.

Comment

Herschel's gone on multiple conservative radio shows (Kilmeade, Hugh Hewitt, etc.) since then and they've all asked him about it. Seems like they consider credible enough or they wouldn't even mention it. Herschel's own son hasn't the slightest doubt it's true. And if that kid's a secret prog he's been playing one hell of a long con.

I suspect froot is right and the woman intends to eventually reveal herself. She's just feeding Walker rope to hang himself. He's already acknowledged fathering multiple illegitimate kids. Can't be that hard for reporters to track down their mothers.
                But... people make mistakes. He's found God and is a good Christian man now.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yep. Polls are not worth a whole lot anymore. Saw an article on a site that had a big headline that according to a poll, it is a virtual dead heat for Boebert's seat in Colorado. At the end of the article, there was a little blurb that said that 538 says that Boebert has a 98% chance of winning.
                  Polls, by and large, favor the Ds. Registered voters v Likely voters.

The Rs should just let it be known that they want their voters to tell the pollsters that they are voting D.

And, I believe the Rs have just the man to deliver that message.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

The Rs should just let it be known that they want their voters to tell the pollsters that they are voting D.

I'm pretty sure that is already happening or they are not responding at all. Any chance to own the libs...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

Really, I missed that. Could you post where you got that information, please?
                      Rick Scott Walks Back His Tax Increase Plan…Sort Of (forbes.com)

Rick Scott Reconsiders, Decides Tax Hike For Half The Country Is Probably A Bad Idea (forbes.com)

Part of Scott's "plan" included a sunset provision that all federal entitlement programs expire after five years unless Congress explicitly renews them. Presumably under a Republican Congress they would refuse to do so. But I'm not saying outlandish lies here. Republicans have wanted to go after social security since forever. Where's the lie in that? You're against ALL entitlements, aren't you? It's just not possible to be really open about that and keep a congressional majority, which is why a furious Mitch browbeat Scott into weak-kneed backtracking.

Senator Rick Scott wants to "sunset" Social Security and Medicare | WAMC

Sen. Rick Scott wants every American to pay at least some income taxes : NPR

​​

Comment

• Yeah, that was "ages" ago.

Comment

• Over the long run the polls do not favor Democrats or Republicans, the margin or error can be to either side. It's tended to underrepresent the MAGA vote because not enough MAGA people answer polls so the representation gets whacked.

But the polls were pretty good in the last midterms. If the polls are off in the same direction like the 2016 and 2020, the GOP should take both the house and the Senate. The most important thing to look at right now for a poll isn't likely versus registered ( that's important) , it's how oversampled college educated voters are in the poll. Those polls automatically overrate the Democratic candidate's prospects.

It could be that Trump broke the equilibrium and from now on polls will always favor one side, but I doubt it.

Comment

• How can anyone who follows politics miss the McConnell versus Scott cage match? Get out of the 4 chan threads.

Comment

Rick Scott Walks Back His Tax Increase Plan…Sort Of (forbes.com)

Rick Scott Reconsiders, Decides Tax Hike For Half The Country Is Probably A Bad Idea (forbes.com)

Part of Scott's "plan" included a sunset provision that all federal entitlement programs expire after five years unless Congress explicitly renews them. Presumably under a Republican Congress they would refuse to do so. But I'm not saying outlandish lies here. Republicans have wanted to go after social security since forever. Where's the lie in that? You're against ALL entitlements, aren't you? It's just not possible to be really open about that and keep a congressional majority, which is why a furious Mitch browbeat Scott into weak-kneed backtracking.

Senator Rick Scott wants to "sunset" Social Security and Medicare | WAMC

Sen. Rick Scott wants every American to pay at least some income taxes : NPR

​​
                              No, I'm not against all entitlements. But your statement was: "Goodbye social security. Goodbye Medicaire. Big tax cuts for the rich, tax hikes for anyone making less than six figures. Utopia is on the horizon!

No political party is going to touch SS (although when the SS Trust Fund runs out of money, our elites might have some 'splaning to do"). No political party is going to touch Medicare. If the Trump tax cuts are a template, then the lowest quintile of taxpayers will receive the largest percentage decrease of any quintile. Your problem is that you view anyone who pays taxes as "the rich". It goes back to the fundamental belief you have that the money in a society is really "owned" by "all of us" (like Obama said, "you didn't build that"). Your "equity" agenda is about income redistribution. All "social justice" and DEI is about income redistribution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtBvQj2k6xo. say much about the

I think it is an excellent idea to debate renewals of welfare programs. One of the many things Trump did for the R party is that he didn't discuss the National debt or the budget deficit. Rs prior to him made balancing the budget some sort of holy grail. Stpuid party.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

But... people make mistakes. He's found God and is a good Christian man now.
                                Not sure if you know much about church history, but Paul, before he was converted, was a mass murderer. Paul ended up writing most of the New Testament.

I have no idea what's in Walker's heart, nor if he's a new man or not. But, it can happen.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X