Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    DeSantis MUST beat Trump. Period. 2024 could be a fucking incredible election for the R's...if Trump is not on the ticket...
    The Democrats gave you a way off the Trump train with the second impeachment, but noooooo.

Comment

• Queen Gretch is up by 10.4 points. That's better than she did in 2018 and better than even Obama did in 2012.

Trafalgar still liking Dixon's chances though.

Comment

• Ukraine: The Russian MOD has publicly announced within the last 2h that it is withdrawing Russian military forces from the city of Kherson. This suggest Putin has acquiesced as he is known to have previously denied RUssian commanders from doing that. On the Ukrainian side, they see signs of withdrawal but they think it's a ruse and a trap to lure Ukrainian forces into kill zones the Russians have set up inside the city... my take is that there is something to that concern. No need to explain this isn't a good thing symbolically or strategically for Putin if it actually happens.

I'm finding the confluence of recent events interesting. It becomes public knowledge early this week that US officials have been talking via back channels with their Russian counterparts, mainly to deescalate nuclear threats and counter threats. That announcement comes several days after Putin said, "we have no need to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine." Just yesterday, ABC said they scooped a story that Zelenski is willing to talk to Putin - negotiate with conditions, none of which vary greatly from what Zelenski has stated from the outset are his conditions to end the war. Finally. I don't think it is a coincidence that Zelenski did a public interview with ABC news anchor, David Muir, after there were rumors that the US and Germany (Schulz just visited Putin) had made entreaties to Zelenski to consider negotiating with Putin. Align this with what Zelenski may know that his army is about to liberate Kherson city and with it the entire Kherson Oblast and you have the makings of a stunning blow to Russia to be used as leverage to negotiate favorable terms of a cease fire for Ukraine.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Good stuff Jeff

Comment

• This needs to be a steady drumbeat from conservative media. The emperor has no clothes. Hasn't for a long time, if ever.

Donald Trump’s GOP Establishment Has Failed

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...nt-has-failed/

After a profoundly disappointing midterm cycle, it’s even harder to argue that Trump’s time atop the party has been anything but a disaster for Republicans.

Trump is a loser. He squeaked past the most unpopular woman in America in 2016, he presided over a blue wave in 2018, he lost to a barely breathing Joe Biden in 2020, and he hand-picked a bevy of losing Republican nominees in 2022. Ron DeSantis is a winner. He beat the Democratic wave in 2018, he got the biggest challenge of the last four years — the Covid-19 pandemic — almost exactly right, and he won reelection by the largest margin achieved by any Republican gubernatorial nominee in Florida’s 177-year-history. Perhaps, on the internet, “loser lambasts winner” is an interesting story. In the real world, it is not.

Because of Trump, Joe Biden is the president of the United States. Because of Trump, John Fetterman will be a U.S. senator. Because of Trump, the two runoff elections in Georgia in 2021 yielded two Democratic senators, which yielded the American Rescue Plan, which yielded turbocharged inflation. Because of Trump, the Republican Party found itself unable to capitalize on a huge midterm opportunity to send the Democrats the stinging rebuke that they so richly deserved.

Donald Trump? Yeah, I remember that guy.

Comment

• Trump's time atop the GOP hasn't produced results, but the NRO-types's time atop the GOP didn't produce results either. Electorally, maybe, but never any progress in governance.

It's not only Trump's presence that has been bad for the GOP, but the dysfunctional establishment's reaction to him has been just as bad. The Republican party never reacted rationally to him. They tried shaking their finger and adopting Democrat tactics to stop him, but it just entrenched his support even more. Trading Trump sycophants for old school pushovers is not an upgrade. Trump can leave but nothing will change as long as the Republican Party hates its base. We need Trump to be gone, but we need a new establishment too. I would love for DeSantis to be that guy, but I don't think that he has a desire to be that type of Reagan-like figure.
              Last edited by Hannibal; November 9, 2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• 1. The GOP adores it's base, it couldn't adore it any more. It's why there have been so many kooky candidates. It's very hard to get out of a primary without slavish devotion to the base and that hurts the candidate in the general election. The more you love the base the harder it is to win.
                  2. GOP governance has delivered. There is a 6-3 Supreme Court and Roe v Wade was overturned. The base has been targeting that for 40 years. It was a gigantic win for you guys and a crushing defeat for the libs. Other than that the GOP's main goals are tax cuts on the top end and conservative judges. Trump and Bush delivered on that in spades. All of the other culture war stuff is window dressing. They have talked about cutting medicare, social security and Medicaid, but it's quite obvious there is no base for that. Trump's big trick was to completely disregard the SS and Medicare cuts.

If you are expecting some type of legislative win where you get everything you want and make no compromises while drinking gallons of liberal tears, I would say your expectations are out of whack. Politics is taking 1/8th of a loaf when you want the whole loaf.

Comment

• thats funny

wouldnt give up on arizona yet

little disconcerting they havent upodate the vote in 6 hours wonder why. The same day vote is 75/25 repub and hobbs will wind up being smoiked if that trend continues

and masters still in it also

maricopa machines that malfunctioned in maricopa was pathetically created a huge mess that has to be sorted out

hobbs doing her best to fuck up the system

thankfully there 35 lawyers down here from harmeet dillon (sp) that hopefully get this right

Comment

• 30 perecent of the vote still out--at 12 noon the next day!-in maricopa again--geezus

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        1. The GOP adores it's base, it couldn't adore it any more. It's why there have been so many kooky candidates
                        All of the candidates that you consider "kooky" are absolutely hated by the Republican establishment (McConnell, McCarthy, etc). Haaated. It's why they gave them zero money and spent it instead on helping Murkowski beat her more Right Wing opponent. These people look down on and hate their constituency, and only do something for them once a decade or so -- while holding their nose.

And yes, they got Roe vs. Wade overturned. Yay. There’s their one accomplishment this century.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; November 9, 2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          thats funny

wouldnt give up on arizona yet

little disconcerting they havent upodate the vote in 6 hours wonder why. The same day vote is 75/25 repub and hobbs will wind up being smoiked if that trend continues

and masters still in it also

maricopa machines that malfunctioned in maricopa was pathetically created a huge mess that has to be sorted out

hobbs doing her best to fuck up the system

thankfully there 35 lawyers down here from harmeet dillon (sp) that hopefully get this right
                          The speculation that I am seeing is that Lake won't win because most of the still "to count" votes are going to go Democrat.

Comment

• The candidates that he considers Kooky are considered Kooky by the rest of the country.

Face it. America has no stomach for the nut job candidates that you support.

Thank goodness.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              30 perecent of the vote still out--at 12 noon the next day!-in maricopa again--geezus
                              I don't remember exactly how they reported votes back in 2020 but I think every county announced once a day. I think Maricopa will announce a batch sometime after 5 local time probably.

My Arizona guru knows the party affiliation of roughly 175k of what's left in Maricopa. These were mail ballots that arrived Election Day. The party affiliation was pretty even between Dems and R's so that batch may not skew as heavily Republican as the late counted votes back in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                One retard adoring another...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X