Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised that they're so racist.

Comment

• Desantis signed a bill in FL that prohibits abortions after 15 weeks except when the fetus is not compatible with life outside the uterus. This is fundamentally the same kind of anti-abortion bill signed into law in Mississippi that has been challenged by pro-lifers and will be heard by the Supremes in this summer's SC session.

Desantis is representing the views of most rational Americans that oppose unrestricted abortions after the first trimester. Yet here we are with the D's trumpeting the nonsense of the pro-choice crowd. Bring it. Its going to be a loser at the polls for progressive candidates who support pro-life positions when Americans close the curtains and vote.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Desantis signed a bill in FL that prohibits abortions after 15 weeks except when the fetus is not compatible with life outside the uterus. This is fundamentally the same kind of anti-abortion bill signed into law in Mississippi that has been challenged by pro-lifers and will be heard by the Supremes in this summer's SC session.

Desantis is representing the views of most rational Americans that oppose unrestricted abortions after the first trimester. Yet here we are with the D's trumpeting the nonsense of the pro-choice crowd. Bring it. Its going to be a loser at the polls for progressive candidates who support pro-life positions when Americans close the curtains and vote.
        Jeff- They already heard arguments about the Mississippi law 4 months ago. There should be a decision no later than June. Anything later than that would be a little unusual.

It's almost dead certain they will find the law constitutional. The only real question is whether Kav & ACB follow Roberts or Thomas/Alito. If the latter, Roe will be overturned completely. If Roberts, the decision will be limited in some way that would probably make the Oklahoma law illegal but make 12 or 15 week restrictions ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          In the Quinnipiac poll, The Chairman was 24-54 with HISPANICS. Apparently they aren’t as enamored with donning aviators and eating ice cream as Brother Strangelove.
          Maybe they finally got around to polling those Hispanics that are here LEGALLY, and contribute to our society - which is most certainly the majority. I imagine that most of them are ticked off about being lumped into a category with people that laugh at the laws and immigration policies that they followed and then come here and expect boundless welcome packages.

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS abortion ruling: I'm looking forward to the prog meltdown. Hopefully they won't burn down any cities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Re: SCOTUS abortion ruling: I'm looking forward to the prog meltdown. Hopefully they won't burn down any cities.
              I imagine most will need time off their jobs to mourn "the loss of freedom".

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I imagine most will need time off their jobs to mourn "the loss of freedom".
                LOL! Good one. Jobs…

Comment

Re: SCOTUS abortion ruling: I'm looking forward to the prog meltdown. Hopefully they won't burn down any cities.
                  Republicans running in more purple, suburban districts are probably NOT rooting for a full repeal of Roe and the subsequent "Prog meltdown".

R's running in Trump +45 seats in ruby red Texas won't give a fuck.

Comment

LOL! Good one. Jobs…
                    I guess we'll have to make our own coffee, at home. How on earth will we ever do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Republicans running in more purple, suburban districts are probably NOT rooting for a full repeal of Roe and the subsequent "Prog meltdown".

R's running in Trump +45 seats in ruby red Texas won't give a fuck.
                      For the record, I'm in the 12-15 week camp. I do not support a total ban. What I suspect to be on full display is the progs' vociferously arguing for later term abortions which polls poorly. Sort of like how they really want to teach sexual orientation and gender identity to kindergartners. Normal people see that as a bad thing.

Comment

LOL! Good one. Jobs…
                        According to this forum cultural Progs control every institution in this country. The Federal Govt, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, the Intelligence Community, the Defense Industry, the US military, every Fortune 500 company, every college, every single mainstream Christian and Jewish denomination, all major cities, all artists of every kind, the US Chamber of Commerce, labor unions, sport leagues, the gambling industry, organized crime, rotary clubs, the American Legion, 4-H, the Boy Scouts, and the Fraternal Order of the Elks.

But we also don't have jobs.

Comment

• No, mostly just significant portions of government and most universities.

Comment

• The Independent Order of Odd Fellows remains outside our grasp.

Comment

For the record, I'm in the 12-15 week camp. I do not support a total ban. What I suspect to be on full display is the progs' vociferously arguing for later term abortions which polls poorly. Sort of like how they really want to teach sexual orientation and gender identity to kindergartners. Normal people see that as a bad thing.
                              Total bans are coming in more states than Oklahoma if Roe is scrapped. And whether it's fair or not, a Republican running in suburban Detroit is going to get asked if they think a 13-year-old raped by her uncle should be forced to carry the baby to term

I don't know what would alienate the purple voters more: a complete ban on abortion or no restrictions at all. I tend to think more would fall on the side of govt letting people decide for themselves, but I'm sure it depends on region of the country.

DeSantis could have pushed for an Oklahoma-style ban but didn't. At least not to my knowledge. Got to be some instinct that it wouldn't be popular there. At least not "majority" popular.

Comment

• BTW, the latest from the Kremlin on the Moskva is that they're claiming a lit cigarette left lying around caused the fire which caused the explosion which caused the ship to sink. I'm not sure why the Kremlin feels like tales of gross incompetence are less embarrassing than just admitting the Ukes hit the ship, but there we are.

They still don't seem to have acknowledged a single survivor or a single death.

Comment

Working...
                                X