Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

You throw out the "ham sandwich" more than Brent Musberger threw out "Honey Badger"...
    I can repeat it more if you want.

Comment

• You guys keep blaming Trump for the loss in PA, and Oz was indeed not a great candidate, but the establishment-backed guy – a Bush neocon, would have lost just as badly – probably worse. Oz lost because he couldn’t get the turnout from working class whites that Trump got. What on Earth makes you think that a swamp-approved hedge fund manager would have done better? Compared to McCormick, Oz was practically a coal miner. And it’s not as if Oz had an offensive demeanor that drove away the “muh decorum” crowd. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that if you get rid of Trump, you get rid of all of the problems. The other half needs to be fixed too.

If the party can’t produce a single electable guy in any given state that offers credibly Conservative positions that the base is asking for, don’t blame Trump for that.

Michigan, in particular, was an epic clown show that failed independently of Trump’s interference.

Last edited by Hannibal; November 9, 2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• I'm good...but thanks bro.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is Laxalt really gonna claim victory? Seems like it's still anyone's game.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oz didn't even live in Pennsylvania. McCormick, IMO, would have done MUCH better.

Excising DJT will go a long way to getting things back on track.

Comment

• And these are the real questions for Hannibal:

(1) Do you think Prog governance is bad?
              (2) Do you think doing nothing is preferable to enacting Prog policies?

I mean, we're at the precipice of disastrous government. We're probably, in truth, over the line. But, it can and will get worse. I will never, ever understand the "burn it all down" and let it get worse people (i.e., NeverTrumpers). You fix what you can fix. You win what you can win. You try to do your best from stopping the nutjob left from completely remaking America or at least slow them down.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I look at yesterday like this...the Dems covered the spread...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I look at it like this…stfu.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Plagiaristic.

Revise and resubmit..
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not particularly harsh. AA has lost edge.

Comment

• I'm just happy that Democracy has survived. Whew.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Not particularly harsh. AA has lost edge.
                            AA had an edge?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Pennsylvania was always going to be a tough race for either side. Oz wasn't a great candidate, neither was the other guy in the primary. Getting quality candidates is hard. The mythical one you didn't run is always better.

Comment

• It's tough to compare the Pennsylvania primary to the general election but McCormick was at least not only from Pennsylvania he was specifically from western Pennsylvania which is where R's need to run up big numbers to offset Philadelphia. He also wasn't a Turkish citizen and an effete celebrity.

BTW let's not forget that Oz wasn't Trump's original endorsement. Originally, he chose MAGA clown-boy Sean Parnell and shoved him down the throats of the PA GOP establishment too. Here's a funny excerpt from a Politico piece from around the time Parnell dropped out. Trump's reportedly doing the same thing with Oz right now: blaming others for recommending the guy.

Meanwhile, Trump had recently expressed disappointment in how his endorsement of Parnell has panned out, including blaming his son Don Jr., a friend of Parnell’s who pushed for the endorsement. According to a person familiar with Trump’s frequent commentary on Parnell, he has been fixated on the situation — both upset at being tied to it, via his support for Parnell, and incredulous about what was going on with his preferred candidate.

Parnell suspends Pennsylvania Senate campaign - POLITICO

Comment

Working...
                                X