Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Sinema's becoming an Independent (who will caucus with the Dems like Bernie and King most likely). Who could've seen that coming?

Sinema switches to independent, shaking up the Senate - POLITICO
    Sinema knew she was likely to lose a primary and hopes this discourages anyone from running on the Dem ticket. But that seems like it ain’t happening. So if this ends up being a three way race it probably shoots up to being the most endangered Dem Senate seat in 2024

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Sinema knew she was likely to lose a primary and hopes this discourages anyone from running on the Dem ticket. But that seems like it ain’t happening. So if this ends up being a three way race it probably shoots up to being the most endangered Dem Senate seat in 2024
      There is speculation that she will not run again.

It seems to me, that if she runs as an independent and the Dems run a candidate, that the Repubs would defeat her as well as the Dem candidate easily.

I guess she may feel she is between a rock and a hard place. Get primaried or lose the general if the Dems and I's split.

Am I missing something here?
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Am I missing something here?

A functioning brain?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• She could also just be sick of the progressives' bullshit. She seems principled and stood up to the prog mob re: filibuster. I wish there were more folks in Washington like her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            She could also just be sick of the progressives' bullshit. She seems principled and stood up to the prog mob re: filibuster. I wish there were more folks in Washington like her.

She can still be a pain in the ass for the Dems until she loses her seat.

Regardless. It seems like suicide for her Senate chances in Arizona

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't think she can survive reelection unless one of two things happens.

1) No one runs as a Democrat. There's almost zero chance of this happening.

2) The Republicans nominate a total wackjob and she manages to cobble together enough Independents and sane Republicans to get like 38% of the vote and win. Given the Arizona GOP's recent track record choosing candidates this is at least plausible.

Comment

• Now if only Manchin would come to his senses and switch parties...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maybe the Ghost of Christmas Past will appoint her to a Cabinet position and Katie Hobbs can select new senator to replace her.

Ha!

Comment

• ...or better yet...you could ESAD...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Now if only Manchin would come to his senses and switch parties...
                      Even if he did, the Senate would just be back to 50-50 with Giggles as the tie-breaker. All it would do is eliminate any wiggle room the Ds have.

Comment

• Actually would depend on how Sinema would vote if Manchin switched.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump bashes “Jewish leaders” for not being more loyal to him. Just a colossal piece of shit. Fuck this guy forever

Comment

• Batshit crazy affirmed again and again. He has managed to alienate enough important segments of his base that it will be impossible to nominate him at the Republican convention. Even before that, it is hard to imagine he'll survive not getting primaried. You can count on his bull-shit efforts of trying to have a separate slate of electors from each state for the convention though. Good times.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Batshit crazy' was far more pro Isreal than the previous president to be fair

Comment

• DEMOCRACY IS IN PERIL!!!!!

Twitter:

...hold my beer...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X