Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    2nd largest number of votes to nominate a House speaker in US history. I’m predicting this ends at 26 votes. Who knows. Surely we don’t top the year 1855’s vote.

Kinda entertaining until the repercussions start to hit.
    A lot of those losing candidates in tossup races had the same motive, that's why your guaranteed red wave was thwarted. One of the ringleaders (Lauren Boebert) barely won in a +7 GOP seat.

Comment

• Yep. The same people who cost the Rs a sizable majority are now demanding to have an outsized influence in the House.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        If the stagnation of the speaker vote stops money flowing to the Ukraine then I hope that it continues for at least another 365 days.
        Amen. The swamp is alive and well. Fuck them.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The gravy train is out of control.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Defending your civilians from Russian aggression = gravy train

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Yep. The same people who cost the Rs a sizable majority are now demanding to have an outsized influence in the House.
              The people who cost the Rs a sizeable majority are the ones that want RINOs in charge of the party forever.

Comment

• I completely disagree. Boebert squeaked through by like 500 votes in a heavily R district and thinks she’s a big shot. She’s a fucking clown. So is Gaetz. Chip Roy is a serious person and I respect his position.

I’m not a McCarthy fan and I actually like that someone in leadership has to eat a shit sandwich. They need to find a compromise candidate and move on.

Comment

• It's very clear that the Republicans won turnout but lost a lot of swing districts because enough normie gop voters went for the Democrats. If you are a Republican and you want things done, you need more people to win that you might consider RINOs. One of these days you are going to realize that you are on the far right. It's like people on the left who complain about Manchin, they couldn't tell you who the other senator from WV is because she is a Republican. There are 14 GOP reps in Biden districts, these clowns holding things up are going to make their re-election much harder.

You will never get shit done with 20 dumbasses fucking around with such a slim majority
                  Last edited by froot loops; January 5, 2023, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I completely disagree. Boebert squeaked through by like 500 votes in a heavily R district and thinks she’s a big shot. She’s a fucking clown. So is Gaetz. Chip Roy is a serious person and I respect his position.

I’m not a McCarthy fan and I actually like that someone in leadership has to eat a shit sandwich. They need to find a compromise candidate and move on.
                    There should be a lot of decent candidates. You don't have to pick a RINO just because you have a slim majority. Jim Jordan would be fine. Dems would hate him but as the Rs have found out repeatedly, the populace doesn't vote based on how the speaker is. He was the first one that came to mind, but I'm sure that there are others.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; January 5, 2023, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• The Republicans need results, not optics and not compromise. This is it. There's no tomorrow anymore. There's no point if worrying about whether Boebert or Gaetz can get reelected as long as the Republicans are never willing to press the advantages of a Congressional majority. It's not as if the Democrats ever put up moderates for leadership positions or pull back on the reins for optics.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; January 5, 2023, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I completely disagree. Boebert squeaked through by like 500 votes in a heavily R district and thinks she’s a big shot. She’s a fucking clown. So is Gaetz. Chip Roy is a serious person and I respect his position.

There isn't a compromise candidate other than maybe Scalise. No matter who is the leader, they will bitch about the leader because he/she is doing stuff you have to do as leader. It's easier to just bitch like those clowns do.

Comment

The Republicans need results, not optics and not compromise. It doesn't matter if you win if when you win you just govern like Democrats.
                          You can't govern with the dumb bomb throwers like these 20 dissidents. How many votes did Pelosi have to go to get elected? You especially can't govern if you put up clowns like Walker, Oz and Masters in swing states.

Again, the Democrats won most of the tossup races because the candidates there were running against were shit and the Democrats picked off enought normie GOP voters, the ones Hannibal would angrily call RINOs.

Comment

There should be a lot of decent candidates. You don't have to pick a RINO just because you have a slim majority. Jim Jordan would be fine. Dems would hate him but as the Rs have found out repeatedly, the populace doesn't vote based on how the speaker is. He was the first one that came to mind, but I'm sure that there are others.
                            Jim Jordan might be fine to you, but he's not likely to get 218 votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

You can't govern with the dumb bomb throwers like these 20 dissidents. How many votes did Pelosi have to go to get elected? You especially can't govern if you put up clowns like Walker, Oz and Masters in swing states.

Again, the Democrats won most of the tossup races because the candidates there were running against were shit and the Democrats picked off enought normie GOP voters, the ones Hannibal would angrily call RINOs.
                              As opposed to John Fetterman, a guy who is to the Left of 98% of the electorate and couldn't string together a coherent sentence? What exactly makes him a "good" candidate?

The Dems had shitloads more money. They outspent the Rs in some swing races literally by an order of magnitude. It helps when billionaires with massive amounts of stolen cash like SBF are willing to shovel massive amounts of money your way. In many states, Republicans were drained of their resources fighting primary challengers that were getting big money from the Republican establishment that hates their constituency.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; January 6, 2023, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Fetterman won 10 percent of the GOP vote. The Democrats had more money because they had candidates who could raise money, also because your boy Trump hoovered up over 200 million and spent nothing and Rick Scott spent 200 million. If you think a congressional spending strategy devised by Lauren Boebert and the HFC is going to better spend money, good luck with that.

As far as the establishment GOP spending in primaries, it probably helped them secure a few more wins. As it is, way too many stiffs like John Gibbs got on the general ballot and lost winnable races.

Comment

Working...
                                X