X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    The gravy train is out of control.
    And to your point:

WASHINGTON, DC — Amid protracted negotiations for the speakership in the House Of Representatives, former House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA, R) has issued a stern admonition that further delay in the process could hold up the important work of continued funds for Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The guy you didn't like and ghoulishly like to gloat about his stroke got 10 percent of the GOP voters and won Independents by 30. Yes you should nominate candidates that can win 10 percent of the opposition's voters and dominate the independent vote. That's called trying to win elections.
      None of which speaks to any of your statements vis-a-vis “candidate quality”.
      Last edited by Hannibal; January 6, 2023, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I think Jordan would get the 218 if he chose to press the issue. I think he really wants Judiciary so he can do investigations. A couple other points:

- Any bills the Rs pass in the House are going to be dead on arrival in the Senate. House Rs are saying this on the record. For example, say they pass a defunding of the 87,000 new IRS agents. The Senate would never allow that and if it did, Biden would veto the bill. So it will go with anything of substance. Whatever the Rs, be they RINOS or Freedom Caucus, pass, none of it will address the myriad of problems the Ds have caused. All these nomination speeches by the Rs claim they were sent to DC to change the direction of the country, and that is most assuredly NOT going to happen. The best the Rs can do in the House in the next 2 years is to block stupid spending or (beginning in Oct of 23) strip funding from illegal giveaway programs.
        - I for one have always figured that Congress' failure to function was a good thing for the country. Why play into the Progs hands and make a big deal of this Speakership issue? Congress is not seated. Our liberties are secure.
        - The ONLY productive thing that the Rs can do in the House may be to investigate the bureaucracy. That is where this country's basic problems originate. I view the next two years in the House as a time to tee up issues for 2024.
        I hate to be the one to break the news to you but you aren’t going to get anything that you want. The Republican Party fucking hates you. It’s your fault that Mitch McConnell has to pretend to disagree with Democrats every once in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          The gravy train is out of control.
          The gravy train was out of control 30 years ago. We’re out of metaphors to describe the manner in which Western Civilization is being catapulted into the abyss.

Comment

• McCarthy got up to 214 last go-around. Reconvening at 10:00 tonight. I think he might finally get there. Not sure how many immovables there are other than Gaetz and Boebert.

Comment

• Happy January 6 everyone! It's time to celebrate the two year anniversary of the day that Republicans committed mass arson and murder.

Oh wait, that was BLM. Never mind.
              Fl03JRzWQAAFNkv?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                McCarthy got up to 214 last go-around. Reconvening at 10:00 tonight. I think he might finally get there. Not sure how many immovables there are other than Gaetz and Boebert.

Comment

• I’ve seen the costs of the BLM riots 10 fold higher than that chart. Worst in American history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I’ve seen the costs of the BLM riots 10 fold higher than that chart. Worst in American history.
                    Yes, I agree. The chart is way too kind.

Comment

• False equivalency.

Carry on
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• January 6th could have been avoided if Trump and the rest of the GOP simply acknowledged the obvious. He lost the election and they should have moved on from him.

Comment

• Matt Gaetz's hatred of Kevin McCarthy was exacerbated by the top House Republican not supporing him more after

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            False equivalency.

Carry on
                            Oh yeah, I said nothing about equivalency. The BLM riots will never have an equivalent.

Comment

• Progs never stop Progging.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 0EB75167-A1F2-4B23-9239-6EC5BD154DDB.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X