Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Maybe Trump's slowness had something to do with the bogus Russian collusion investigation that went on through most of his term? I dunno.

Meanwhile...the Biden Family Crime Syndicate marches on...
    Oh come on. You can't blame every Trump flaw on him being "distracted" by Russiagate. And if that seriously made it impossible to do his job then that just shows you how fucking unfit he really was. You think Biden's not going to be able to get judges appointed in a friendly Senate just because Jim Jordan is calling him names over in the House? Please

Comment

• MEGAMAGANEONAZI!!!!!!!

BIDEN BOOM!!!!!!!

Meanwhile...the laptop...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't know if they also thought Dems were intentionally stalling (probably) but they ended up killing the blue slip process to remove roadblocks for themselves.
        The Ds were very obstinate re judges (well, anything re DJT). But, yeah, it was really slow going.

That said, DJT ended up getting a ton of judges on the bench and eventually filled almost all vacancies. Just took awhile,
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Look, ideology aside, Walker is a certifiably insane. If you’re mad at anyone be mad at the Georgia Republican Party for supporting a moron like him. If I were in Georgia, I would have just not voted.
          In an era where the "sane" people are saying that men can get pregnant and we should end cash bail, I'll take the "insane" guy every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Here's a question to ponder -- why does candidate quality only matter for Republicans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Here's a question to ponder -- why does candidate quality only matter for Republicans?
            It doesn't. You just have a very different conception of candidate quality. Hell, you think being vigorously antisemtic is irrelevant as to whether you should be in office.

Comment

• Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup - BBC News

These lines made me laugh. Heinrich, 13th of his name in the House of Reuss, Bad Lobenstein branch

Heinrich XIII comes from an old noble family known as the House of Reuss, which ruled over parts of the modern eastern state of Thuringia until 1918. All the male members of the family were given the name Heinrich as well as a number.

Descendants still own a few castles and Heinrich himself is said to have a hunting lodge at Bad Lobenstein in Thuringia.

Comment

• Meanwhile...
                Attached Files
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP!!!!!!
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Is there a candidate that is comparable to Walker that won in a purple-ish state or district? I'm trying to think. And he ran against a normal liberal D.

Fetterman turned out to be a terrible candidate, but the cake was baked and Oz was not a great campaigner nor candidate.

I mean the real answer to this question is this -- most Ds and most Rs vote for their team and the vote that candidate will presumably cast on various issues of importane. That's the way it goes. Walker is going to get a lot of votes. He got a lot of votes the first go-around. It was pretty close.

BUT, there are "swayable" voters and it should be obvious that those voters are ginormously turned off by the asshat that is DJT. That is, essentially, the free market of voting. If you want to keep selling DJT and his asshattery to the consumers then they're you're going to keep losing close elections and you'll continue to bitch and cry like a giant fucking pussy about how it just ain't fair that persuadable voters think the "stolen election" is bullshit. And you'll maybe even blame a host of institutions for causing persuadable voters to think that. And you could have some semblance of point. BUT, and this the big ass motherfucking BUT -- the bottom line is THAT'S WHAT THEY THINK. Adapt or fucking lose.
                    Last edited by iam416; December 7, 2022, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• And so the Rs have two wings of voters who, unquestionably, think the Ds are a ginormous fucking disaster. And rightly so. But those wings would rather cut off their fucking head to spite their body. You have people who think McConnell is nothing but a D puppet. JFC. You have people who think DJT and his supporters are so vile you'd rather have AOC running shit. JFC.

Meanwhile, we're going to re-elect an 82-year old man who, by then, will very possibly -- and I really do mean very possibly- not know what fucking day it is. And the Rs will point fingers at each other and bitch about how unfair it is that they managed to fuck up an easily winnable...EASILY winnable....election and steal defeat from the jaws of victory. And then immediately proceed to lecture on personal responsibility whilst The Chairman, or rather The Chairman's cabal, continues their autocratic rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Is there a candidate that is comparable to Walker that won in a purple-ish state or district? I'm trying to think. And he ran against a normal liberal D.

Fetterman turned out to be a terrible candidate, but the cake was baked and Oz was not a great campaigner nor candidate.

I mean the real answer to this question is this -- most Ds and most Rs vote for their team and the vote that candidate will presumably cast on various issues of importane. That's the way it goes. Walker is going to get a lot of votes. He got a lot of votes the first go-around. It was pretty close.

BUT, there are "swayable" voters and it should be obvious that those voters are ginormously turned off by the asshat that is DJT. That is, essentially, the free market of voting. If you want to keep selling DJT and his asshattery to the consumers then they're you're going to keep losing close elections and you'll continue to bitch and cry like a giant fucking pussy about how it just ain't fair that persuadable voters think the "stolen election" is bullshit. And you'll maybe even blame a host of institutions for causing persuadable voters to think that. And you could have some semblance of point. BUT, and this the big ass motherfucking BUT -- the bottom line is THAT'S WHAT THEY THINK. Adapt or fucking lose.
                        Along similar lines Hannity and Newt were on tv last night trying to process the loss (not declared yet but they knew they would lose) and Hannity actually spat out the line: FOR WHATEVER REASON, Republicans seem resistant to early voting and voting by mail. Don't we have to adapt in order to win. Newt agreed, play by the rules as they exist. But both were dancing around and playing dumb about just who is responsible for millions of base Republicans distrusting everything about the voting process.

Comment

• BUT, there are "swayable" voters and it should be obvious that those voters are ginormously turned off by the asshat that is DJT.

Bingo. EFZ. Fuckin' A and Seconded.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Along similar lines Hannity and Newt were on tv last night trying to process the loss (not declared yet but they knew they would lose) and Hannity actually spat out the line: FOR WHATEVER REASON, Republicans seem resistant to early voting and voting by mail. Don't we have to adapt in order to win. Newt agreed, play by the rules as they exist. But both were dancing around and playing dumb about just who is responsible for millions of base Republicans distrusting everything about the voting process.
                            Yeah, it's insane. There was a good article awhile ago on how California Rs -- they had modest success in some House races -- adapted to voting drop-offs and early voting. These are the rules. You either play by them or lose. It honestly probably cost the Rs in Nevada given how shitty the election day weather was and how close the race was. And, of course, the irony is rich.

But, the bottom line, and again, I can't emphasize this enough....the HOW or WHY don't fucking matter...the WHAT matters. That's it. FULL. STOP. You may think that a massive shift in how we officiate defensive pass interference is bad for the game and product of some sort of massive conspiracy. But, if you're still running the fucking wishbone in this day and age then congrats on you're 2-10 season.

​​​​​​

Comment

• "More important things than a border visit"
                              Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fetterman won by 5 percent in a +1 D state. Considering he had a stroke, he ran a really good campaign. Retail politics are highly effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X