Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I wonder how Michiganders ever got to where they needed to go without the previous governors ever fixing or building roads.
    Lots of flat tires

Comment

• Heh. Camwhore Conservative Lauren Boebert is within 62 votes now. I'm guessing it will finish close enough for an automatic recount.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 9, 2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• She’s going to win
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I figured she was going to lose but you might be right.

Comment

• Based on where people say the remaining vote is located it's going to be close either way.

Comment

• Ralston says there's about 84,000 mail votes to count in Clark and another 57,000 in Washoe. Plus anything that arrives between now and saturday (but has to be postmarked by election day).

All the other counties still have votes too just much smaller numbers. But whatever they have will be overwhelmingly Republican.

CCM has a chance but they were hoping for a larger overall number of ballots. The Dem Governor is probably toast.

Nevada looks likely to be one of the only critical states where turnout will be way down.

Comment

• Couple more significant Dem wins.

CT-5. Regarded as the most endangered Dem in New England. May be close enough to force a recount, not sure (it's within one point) EDIT: Just saw in an AP post that it's outside margin for a recount

CO-8. This is Colorado's brand new district

Dems are up to 191 seats per some counts. 206 for Republicans (I think)
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 9, 2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Arizona continues to blow through counting the votes at the blistering pace of about 3% per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Ralston says there's about 84,000 mail votes to count in Clark and another 57,000 in Washoe. Plus anything that arrives between now and saturday (but has to be postmarked by election day).

All the other counties still have votes too just much smaller numbers. But whatever they have will be overwhelmingly Republican.

CCM has a chance but they were hoping for a larger overall number of ballots. The Dem Governor is probably toast.

Nevada looks likely to be one of the only critical states where turnout will be way down.
                    My understanding is R’s Laxalt probably wins Nevada.
                    D’s Kelly probably wins Arizona. Barring a miracle from Masters with the remaining vote.

So surprise, surprise. We’re back to a Georgia runoff determining the majority. Just as I predicted a few weeks ago. 🙄. Shocking stuff.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maricopa just released an update of about 62,000 votes. All drop offs before Election Day it sounds like. Kelly gained about 7,000 on Masters

Comment

• Hopefully that stupid piece of shit Kari Lake will lose too.

Of course she already is claiming fraud. Not surprising seeing as that is her thing
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The deputy, Kirill Stremousov, of the Russian Installed Head of the Kherson Oblast was killed today in an "auto accident." Right. Key Russian figures inside occupied territories of Ukraine have been the targets of Ukrainian partisans and organized special forces. In the first months of the war, Ukrainian snippers were killing Russian generals at a furious pace. I think they got somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 Generals and a bunch of command level colonels within a short time span. This forced flag leadership to rear areas.

What analysts are saying about the joint statement made publically and broadcast on Russian State TV by Sergei Shoigu, Russia’s defence minister, and General Sergei Surovikin,the commander of Russian forces in Ukraine is that the Russians will withdraw but it will likely be a retreat under fire—a “retrograde under contact” in military parlance. It is of the most challenging tasks that any army can undertake. It can go horribly wrong. Russian forces suffered heavy casualties as they escaped from Lyman a month ago.Think Dunkirk.

Associated with a withdrawal from the west to the east bank of the Dnipro, a the scheme of the Russians, announced a month ago, was to blow-up the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant, which forms part of a 3km-long dam at Nova Kakhovka. In October Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine’s president, warned that Russia, in fact, had mined the dam. One aim might be to cover the Russian retreat by bogging down Ukrainian troops. That would be a very risky strategy. The destruction of the dam would have a large impact on eastern Kherson, which Russia seeks to retain. It could also disrupt the supply of water to Crimea. It would mean Russia essentially blowing its own foot off. A lot of bluster? Incompetence if they actually blow the dam and flood the low ground below it.

All of the very public show about this is setting conditions within the Russian information space for citizens of Russia to be eased slowly into the withdrawal. Putin's propaganda machine will gloss it over and lie about it's implications. Russian Nationalist millbloggers are angry. Two of Putin's and the Russian MODs harshest critics, Chechnya's president Ramzan Kadyrov and Wagner Group financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin, were furious. Prigoshin who is the titular head of the Wagner Group, has repeatedly exaggerated claims of Chechnyan soldiers military successes, efforts believed by ISW to be intended to undermine the Russian MOD, in particular Defense Minister Shoigu. ISW has made a big deal about these two and the clear split between how each see the strategy in the prosecution of the war in Ukraine. Both are extreme nationalists and support Putin's ideological views with respect to the global role of Mother Russia and that Ukraine as a state never existed.... is part of Russia historically. They believe the war has been too timidly waged.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 9, 2022, 10:31 PM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Didn't you know? All they had to do was put a good candidate against Big Gretch and she would have lost by 10! She is currently up 11.5.

Right now I'm looking outside at a brand new road in front of my house. Legend indeed.
                            Michigan is one of several states that you could have ran Pee Wee Herman as your candidate and they win...that's just how fucking stupid they are.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Gretch caused a shit ton of damage to the state with her fucking lunatic Covid policies...put scores of people out of work and closed scores of small businesses...and hurt irreparably thousands of children by shutting down schools...yet gets rewarded. Brilliant Michigan. Bunch of fucking retards.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X