No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah but melted marshmallow, while delicious, cost the city millions to clean up, forcing Ray and his team into bankruptcy and ultimately the abomination that is Ghostbusters II

Comment

• Another report indicating inflation is slowing down. Dow poised to have a good day

Wholesale prices rose 0.2% in October, less than expected, as inflation eases (cnbc.com)

The said this would take a miracle to happen. Well be glad, America, we have a miracle worker in office

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Comment

• Gas near me is back up to $4.19-$4.29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Speaking of things conveniently waiting until after the election -- boy was it ever convenient that the billion dollar ponzi scheme known as FTX waited until the Democrats no longer needed the money from it to collapse spectacularly.
          Yes I brought this up...but I'm sure we will just be called a denier...4 states with massive election chaos (a week later still many races uncalled...wtf??)...major Dem contributor (second only to Soros) with this bombshell right after the election??

Nothing to see here. Biz as usual.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Gas near me is back up to $4.19-$4.29.
            The diesel shortage...caused by BIDEN BOOM!!!! is going to cause much more pain very soon.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There is also a rail strike looming...that can keeps getting kicked down the road...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Speaking of the railroad strike this article has a good graph showing all the different unions and where they currently stand. 3 unions have rejected their deals, 7 have accepted them, but the two biggest unions vote next monday.

Railroad unions struggle to get rebellious workers to ‘yes’ on contracts - POLITICO

Comment

• North Platte is a big railroad/union town and I talk to these guys every day and they are getting very nervous...but they are ready to strike...the world's largest railyard is here and if it shuts down it's huge for the town, the state and frankly the nation as around 140 trains pass thru the railyard here daily...
                  Last edited by THE_WIZARD_; November 15, 2022, 09:29 AM.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    North Platte is a big railroad/union town and I talk to these guys every day and they are getting very nervous...but they are ready to strike...the world's largest railyard is here and if it shuts down it's huge for the town, the state and frankly the nation as around 240 trains pass thru the railyard here daily...
                    Does Union Pacific go through there or BNSF too? Papa Buffet needs to give the workers a break!

Comment

• Only the UP goes through there.

Comment

• It's the mainline for the UP...BNSF runs north and south of here though...but the railyard is UP.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Heh. Rail is how California gets a huge portion of their renewable fuels. If there is an RR strike, that will be very fun to watch. 😊

Comment

• If you think the supply chain is fucked up now...hold my beer...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah.

Say, whatever happened to that Paul Pelosi news item? Ever since NBC yanked their report about Paul Pelosi answering the door for the police in no apparent distress, it has been total media silence as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Kind of crazy when you see how few people the industry employs compared to its relative importance.

I actually am familiar with the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers from a long time back. Every different job on a train used to have its own union and most of those positions are completely obsolete. Like you can see on that chart I posted that there's still a Fireman's Union. Firemen were the guys that shovel coal into the boiler and were rendered completely unnecessary once diesel locomotives were adopted.

Comment

Working...
                                X