No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't care about this trial really but this was kinda funny.

Trump believed rape accuser E. Jean Carroll was wife in photo (cnbc.com)​​

Comment

• Supreme Court says its investigation has eliminated many people as suspects into who the leaker was (97 employees at least were interviewed) but ultimately they don't know who did it and probably never will

Dobbs_Public_Report_January_19_2023.pdf (supremecourt.gov)

Comment

• The IT section is the only interesting part of the report. Goes into how many people had authorized access to the original draft electronically or via hard copies: 82 people plus the 9 justices. Only certain printers kept track of printjobs and nothing useful was found. All work phones were voluntarily turned over and nothing useful found. An outside hack was mostly ruled out, same with using a flash drive but couldn't be 100% certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I don't know about jailing pastors but I am reasonably certain that actual legislation will not be used to keep the church in it's place. That will fall, like far too many things, to our benevolent administrative state. Regulatory rules written by unelected bureaucrats pose a greater danger than anything Congress could ever get passed.
          Well, it also seems like every year the Supreme Court is hearing a case about the State compelling behavior that is contrary to religious beliefs. I’m certain those cases and laws are real.

Certainly no need to speculate on those, Certainly more real than the Utah stuff DSL was hypothesizing about.

That said, the Flyers example is how it’s supposed to be done. Everyone got it right. There are plenty of examples of where people got it wrong and that will continue, Fight from the damn high ground. Don’t bitch about the time they actually got it right .
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well all I can say is thank the atheist gods for Justices Kennedy and Gorsuch. Kennedy for the exceptional and well-grounded Obergefell decision and Gorsuch for his proper handling of the word "sex". It's enough to restore ones faith in institutions.

Comment

• It’s good, I guess, that at least some of the justices follow process instead simply going for outcome.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Speaking of people who respect process, Trump just called for the reporter who published the leaked Dobbs draft to be thrown in jail until he coughs up the leaker's name. Along with his editor and publisher too. Time to stop playing games, he bellows.

Comment

• That said, the Flyers example is how it’s supposed to be done. Everyone got it right. There are plenty of examples of where people got it wrong and that will continue, Fight from the damn high ground. Don’t bitch about the time they actually got it right .
                  Agreed, and so far, I'm fine with the Flyers organization, and the way they have handled this. They have not bowed to pressure and threats of boycotts to punish the player for his constitutionally protected rights. I'm hoping they will hang in there for the long run.

The problem comes with those who are demanding punishment. When those who are demanding punishment become the law-making majority in this country (not far from that now) then folks of religious convictions will be considered both mentally ill, and guilty of hate crimes.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• OK, forget the NCAA ...... the allegations against M, as ridiculous as they are, will haunt the university until there is resolution that benefits the NCAA and shits on M. I'm done trying to understand it or speculate on ways for the U to deal with it.

Forgetting about that shit-storm, there was a startling article in this evening's edition of the Economist. Excess deaths globally are up over 10% year on year.That may not sound like much but on a global basis were' talking thousands of excess deaths in a day and 100's of thousands in a year.

People are dying in rich countries because health care systems are failing world wide. England's and Canada's NHS can't cope with increasing demands for care from aging populations. In England, an emergency call for EMTs to care for someone having a heart attack takes around 90 minutes for EMTs to arrive on scene. The standard protocol for such emergencies is around 3-5 minutes. Why is that? Because without good, timely on scene intervention to include quality CPR and portable defibrillation, the likelihood the patient will die skyrockets.

It's not entirely a money problem some of the problem is related to that but more of it is due to staff burn-out and the resultant staff shortages. Oh, and guess what is one of the primary underlying casues of all of this? If you guessed COVID lock-downs and all the stupid PH shit institutions across the board implemented on the advice of national health authorities you'd be right. Many hospitals are still enforcing hygiene/SARS2 related mitigation measures that are cumbersome and time coonsuming not to mention that they are costly.

The damage of the COVID lock-down and PH advice idiocy continues to severely impact life on earth. One cannot overestimate the cost of this idiocy. Failing healthcare systems is just one indicator - albeit a serious and costly one - of the huge mistakes that were made in dealing with the SARS2 Pandemic ...... and I'll guarantee you little will be learned for the next time the shit hits the fan with some new bug. The increasingly authoritarian and/or woke world will make the same mistakes over and over believing that "control" is the way to deal with whatever new virus comes the planet's way.​
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Agreed, and so far, I'm fine with the Flyers organization, and the way they have handled this. They have not bowed to pressure and threats of boycotts to punish the player for his constitutionally protected rights. I'm hoping they will hang in there for the long run.

The problem comes with those who are demanding punishment. When those who are demanding punishment become the law-making majority in this country (not far from that now) then folks of religious convictions will be considered both mentally ill, and guilty of hate crimes.
                      Thankfully, the NHL, even with Bettman still in charge, is the last likely league to give into the woke prog bullshit.

Comment

• Well...yeah but that's not really saying much...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ouch

Comment

• yawn
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are a man of few words, Wiz

I mean literally. You know 75, max

Comment

• Yeah but I'm still cooler than you.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!