No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The linked assessment by ISW is way too complicated to summarize it. It details the emerging conflicts between Putin's inner circle of trusted Russians, political allies and loyal military officers. It exposes the result of those conflicts: the clear inability of Russian forces, including the parallel Wagnerites, to meaningfully advance in pursuit of Putin's newest goals - the complete seizure and control of the Donbas by March 31st. Both the Ukrainians and Russians have elevated the importance of this town beyond symbolism noting it is the door to the pathway of westward conquest for Russia and what Ukraine wants to stop in its tracks.

In my recent posts, I've been talking about the difficulties Prigozhin's Wagner PMC are having seizing and controlling Bakhmut and the exceedingly high casualty rates being absorbed to achieve that objective. ISW believes Putin is hanging Prigozhin out to dry to diminish the political threat Putin probably believes he is to his regime. He's doing this by diminishing his access to the information space and withholding war fighting supplies that may or may not actually be available. Either way Wagner PMC fails and Putin can use him as a scapegoat for Russia's military failure in Bakhmut.

The ISW assessment is very detailed. It's not for the casually interested in the war in Ukraine. Fundamentally, ISW implies Moscow is self destructing it's war in Ukraine by elevating the petty infighting to a problem to be solved over winning on the battlefield. if Putin is to come out of this shit-storm still as the respected, all powerful President of Russia he has fashioned himself to be he's fucking away his chances of doing that. The Russian army has had enough trouble winning on the battlefield before all the political infighting surfaced recently. This is going to make it much less likely that Putin can force a negotiated settlement on the Zelenski government on Moscow's terms. It's looking more likely that the opposite will happen.

ISW is publishing an abbreviated campaign update today, March 12. This report establishes a comprehensive timeline of the rivalry between Wagner Group financier Yevgeny Prigozhin and the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD), which likely reached a boiling
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• They shut down Signature Bank yesterday. Not very familiar with it but apparently it’s a big crypto lender.

Probably need to watch out for First Republic Bank today. It’s nose-diving in premarket trading.

Comment

• Going to be an interesting day. Last week I planned on closing an old bank account in a town I used to live. I never had the chance to get there but am heading in the direction today. Not a huge balance there (3500.00). What do you bet I won't be able to get it all in cash.

i

Comment

• See if they have an Jelly of the Month subscriptions in lieu of cash...it's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Flying over my head...I don't get it.

Comment

• Not a fan of the Vacation movie franchise apparently...

Get right with cousin Eddie...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                Going to be an interesting day. Last week I planned on closing an old bank account in a town I used to live. I never had the chance to get there but am heading in the direction today. Not a huge balance there (3500.00). What do you bet I won't be able to get it all in cash.

i
                I know someone who used to run a bank branch and they only typically had $50,000 in cash on-hand at all times. He told me he had someone come in one time and wanted $30,000 in cash. Had to wait 3 days to get it ordered and delivered.

Comment

• About a year ago I was limited to $3000.00 a day/per branch at a couple banks. Anything more and I would have to order it.

Anyway, I just called and they told me there shouldn't be a problem... But the bank had only been open 5 minutes and she had already had 3 other calls asking about large withdraws. She seemed surprised...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Not a fan of the Vacation movie franchise apparently...

Get right with cousin Eddie...
                    Haven't seen them since they first came out.

Comment

• Bank chaos.

Seems like West coast region banks that I’m unfamiliar with are getting hammered.
                      Pacific Western Bank stock down 44%.
                      Western Alliance Bank stock down 78%.
                      Sure there’s more because that’s only after doing 2 minutes of research.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I know someone who used to run a bank branch and they only typically had $50,000 in cash on-hand at all times. He told me he had someone come in one time and wanted $30,000 in cash. Had to wait 3 days to get it ordered and delivered.
                      Seems about right based on my part time teller experience in college. It varies from branch to branch, but large cash withdrawals always had to be requested in advance.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Very sad.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Another reason could be this...
                          https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news...t-tax-evasion/

I know it's why I finally decided to close the rarely used or monitored account.

Edit...Just talking about my bank. Not the shithow going on out west.
                          Last edited by foxhopper; March 13, 2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Bank chaos.

Seems like West coast region banks that I’m unfamiliar with are getting hammered.
                            Pacific Western Bank stock down 44%.
                            Western Alliance Bank stock down 78%.
                            Sure there’s more because that’s only after doing 2 minutes of research.

Seems about right based on my part time teller experience in college. It varies from branch to branch, but large cash withdrawals always had to be requested in advance.
                            Keycorp is down about 30% today...Huntington bank is down 20%. They're HQ'd in Cleveland and Columbus respectively. Not as dramatic as the west coast banks but regional banks in general having a bad day.

Comment

• Was just going to add… Fifth Third Bank down 26%. Based in Cincinnati and heavy in the Midwest (but scattered throughout the US).

Jim Cramer might be right for a rare instance. JP Morgan Chase too big to fail and hardly affected.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hitting closer to home now.

Comment

Working...
                                X