No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As previously noted, I often enjoyed wings and beer at the original BW3 early my college days. It was good then!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And they were never BW3s here. They had dropped the “Weck” before every franchising in this area.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Same way up here, AA. It's been almost entirely misses of late, though. The service thing, I kinda get, as it's gotten dreadful everywhere. But BW3 seems to be showing signs of corporate fatigue and apathy. The new menu items are trash, the TVs aren't as nice and there seems to be lack of appreciation for the details. I'll be surprised if they're even in business in 5 years.

Comment

• If this local franchisee ever sells or whatever, I doubt I will ever go to another one. The thing is the Beef O’Brady’s in this area are probably worse. It’s a shame because I love the concept.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Speaking of politics, word is that DeSantis’ whirlwind European tour wasn’t as impressive as hoped. He didn’t really garner the support he had hoped for. I’m not sure who is advisors are, but I think he needs some new ones. Looking back the last couple of months, his response to Disney, his publicity in handling of the storms and flooding in Florida, and his European barnstorming is a bit flat.

Trump will lap him in soundbites and charisma. Hell, Doddering Joe would too with some rigorous prep (like he had in last night’s WHCD). And charisma and soundbites get you elected, sadly enough.
            It's not a good look -- jet setting around the world without having yet declared for President. I don't know what he's waiting for TBH. I'm guessing that Trump's increasingly large lead is at least in small part due to DeSantis having one foot in the governorship and one in the Presidential arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Come on, CGVT, you’re better than that. DeSantis is a “facist motherfucker” because he had a disagreement with a corporate entity and tried to check them? You understand, of course, that most government-corporate squabbles come more from the Left side of the aisle?

And without DeSantis, this election is coming down to Kamala Harris or Donald Trump. JFC, we’re doomed. That’s enough politics for me today. Just too depressing.
              We're not doomed with Trump. Not necessarily in great shape either but as I believe I may have said previously, it helps tremendously that he doesn't hate his country, nor has he ever appointed people who hate the country.

He isn't going to move the football if that's what you're looking for though. If you're looking for that guy, it's either got to be Governor Ron or somebody we don't know about yet..
              Last edited by Hannibal; April 30, 2023, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Talent -- continuing our discussion from a while back....

Ron DeSantis has signed the "hate speech' bill I brought up before.

Comment

• You dumbasses need to leave leave the wing critiques to an expert...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He isn't going to move the football if that's what you're looking for though. If you're looking for that guy, it's either got to be Governor Ron or somebody we don't know about yet..
                    I would listen to RFK Jr. I'd absolutely vote for him over Trump/Biden.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd vote for a ham sammich before those two or Kumalot Harris...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I would listen to RFK Jr. I'd absolutely vote for him over Trump/Biden.
                        You’d be pretty disappointed then.

Comment

• More disappointed then now?

Comment

• He’s a fruitcake. Most of his own family doesn’t have anything to do with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Most of his own family doesn’t have anything to do with him.
                              And that's a bad thing??

Comment

• RFK Jr. has previously called for the destruction of companies that deny climate change. The weirdo conservatives that like him only like him for his stance on vaccines and apparently know little else about him.

FLASHBACK: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. once called for Koch Industries and ExxonMobil to be put to 'corporate death' | Fox Business

Comment

Working...
                                X