Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    RFK Jr. has previously called for the destruction of companies that deny climate change. The weirdo conservatives that like him only like him for his stance on vaccines and apparently know little else about him.

FLASHBACK: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. once called for Koch Industries and ExxonMobil to be put to 'corporate death' | Fox Business
    100% Truth.

Comment

• Tulsi Gabbard is another one that Conservatives like now too, but she's another pretty hardcore Liberal. What separates her from the rest of the Dem pack is that she hasn't lurched further Left like the party.

Comment

• Tulsi Gabbard is more of a libertarian, but since she's outspoken against Biden and The Party, she's a quasi-favorite of folks on the right.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Tulsi Gabbard is another one that Conservatives like now too, but she's another pretty hardcore Liberal. What separates her from the rest of the Dem pack is that she hasn't lurched further Left like the party.
          Tulsi WAS a progressive and morphed over the 2016 Dem nomination primary into a conservative.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Ben Cardin is retiring. Another seat the Dems have to defend. People can laugh but if the R's nominated a non-clown, they could possibly threaten to win here. So naturally they'll nominate a talk show host who wants a nationwide abortion ban.

Cardin won’t seek reelection, opening Maryland Senate seat | The Hill

Comment

Ben Cardin is retiring. Another seat the Dems have to defend. People can laugh but if the R's nominated a non-clown, they could possibly threaten to win here. So naturally they'll nominate a talk show host who wants a nationwide abortion ban.

That pretty much is a requirement now isn't it (except Trump) and being anti woke
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Tulsi WAS a progressive and morphed over the 2016 Dem nomination primary into a conservative.
                Did she actually move to the Right or did she just stay in place?

I haven't heard her disavow her old positions on anything -- just disagreeing with the Dems on positions that mostly didn't exist ten years ago.
                Last edited by Hannibal; May 1, 2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Ben Cardin is retiring. Another seat the Dems have to defend. People can laugh but if the R's nominated a non-clown, they could possibly threaten to win here. So naturally they'll nominate a talk show host who wants a nationwide abortion ban.

How do you envision any Republican winning that seat in a Biden +33 state?

Comment

• It would have to be a Larry Hogan type (that you hate)

Comment

It would have to be a Larry Hogan type (that you hate)
                      That's substantially different from just being a non-clown. Marco Rubio isn't a clown but if he ran in Maryland today I suspect he would still lose by 20.

Edit: I don't hate RINOs if they come from deep blue states and there is no way to get elected otherwise. But I absolutely don't want them being the standard bearers for the party. And assholes like Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney have no excuse.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; May 1, 2023, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Fair enough. My point being that the R's will probably choose an unserious clown.

The three Republicans Cardin beat were Michael Steele (lol), Dan Bongino (LOL), and Tony Campbell (who?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Did she actually move to the Right or did she just stay in place?

I haven't heard her disavow her old positions on anything -- just disagreeing with the Dems on positions that mostly didn't exist ten years ago.
                          TBH, I haven't heard much from Tulsi since her presidential run. I looked up on the issues and here is no statements on positions newer than 2019. Some Trump people floated her name as VP back in January.

Tulsi did get traction in her presidential run for her opposition to the forever wars this country does. I remember her tacking further and further right during her campaign.

Comment

• hope they gun down that MF in texas who killed that family north of houston. https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/us/cl...day/index.html

not a trace of him so far

Comment

• DeSantis has also signed a "death penalty for child rapists" law. I find it hard to believe that makes it past the USSC if it ever gets there.

Comment

• It’s worth a shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X