Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TaintedJag:

"I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become"

STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz:

Meet me all the way...
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Great article (IMO, heh) from the National Review: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...mocratic-party
        fantastic article.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Heh. DSL's Campus Progs at it again: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10005
        I love to point and laugh at the leftist snowflakes that can't handle reality without seeing some imaginary oppression in EVERYTHING. Which is why Gen Z is the most conservative generation since WWII, following the same trend of culture/counter culture, the progressives have been in power long enough, controlled the media, Hollywood, music industry, tv, academia etc etc etc that conservative has become the new counter culture. Congratulations hippies of the 60's and their snowflake millennial children, you have become the man that you were fighting, and have made conservatism the new punk rock. Fucking idiots.

Comment

Heh. DSL's Campus Progs at it again: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10005
          I'm not sure she even believes what she wrote, but by writing what she did, she is guaranteed that her book will be piblished and that she will get tenure.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fucking idiots.
            Correct.

but by writing what she did, she is guaranteed that her book will be piblished and that she will get tenure.
            Correct.

Comment

• I fully support making employee salaries tax deductible, and allowing companies to deduct capital expenditures.
              Employee salaries are now tax deductible. Currently, capital expenditures must be amortized. The proposed tax overhaul would make capital expenditures immediately deductible.

Comment

• It's hard to be against the death penalty in cases like this:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  I'm not sure she even believes what she wrote, but by writing what she did, she is guaranteed that her book will be piblished and that she will get tenure.
                  ?Are we really that smart just because we do mathematics?? she asks, further wondering why math professors get more research grants than ?social studies or English? professors.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    It's hard to be against the death penalty in cases like this:

http://time.com/4998618/parents-left...dead-in-swing/
                    Jesus Christ that makes me wanna cry.

I wanna see how long they last in a swing.

Comment

• I used to be anti-death penalty. I had kids. Now I'm entirely pro. And it's because of cases like that.

One of the things that one of the conservative justices does with every death penalty case that comes before the Court is to write the facts of the case, most of which are undisputed. Thomas makes a habit of that. One case I believed involved a father playing video games disturbed by his child's crying in the crib. He walked into the room, pick the kid up by both legs and swung him so his head hit the wall several times, like a baseball bat, put him back in the crib (dead) and resumed playing video games.

Comment

• Impossible not to shudder reading that lead.

Comment

• PAGING GEEZER! PAGING GEEZER!
                          I'm here you toothless moron. And not a moment too soon as this thread is about to devolve into a mish-mash of sundry lyrics.

Amash is playing with fire. If a Trumpista runs against him in a primary, then he is toast. If it is an establishment R, then Amash wins again. BTW, Amash voted against Harvey relief too, asking why Houstonians who live in a floodplain and did not carry flood insurance.

Budget passes the House...by 2 votes, essentially. 216-212.
                          I'd have mistakenly believed that it passed by 4 votes, but Strange seems to have adopted that Professor Gutierrez's thesis that the field of mathematics is full of "white suppression"

Comment

• Here's a good one. A Missouri man and his accomplice broke into a home and raped a woman at gunpoint in front of her two children. They then threw them in a car and drove them to a pond. He cut the woman's throat in front her children, but she survived. She survived long enough to see them kill her two children and throw her into the pond on top of them to die.

His execution was stayed by Supreme Court and is still pending.

Comment

I used to be anti-death penalty. I had kids. Now I'm entirely pro. And it's because of cases like that.

One of the things that one of the conservative justices does with every death penalty case that comes before the Court is to write the facts of the case, most of which are undisputed. Thomas makes a habit of that. One case I believed involved a father playing video games disturbed by his child's crying in the crib. He walked into the room, pick the kid up by both legs and swung him so his head hit the wall several times, like a baseball bat, put him back in the crib (dead) and resumed playing video games.

I know you were. We had argued about it years ago. Coming up on our 20th anniversary, sweetheart. Get me something nice.

I still find it remarkable that you used to be a shade to the left of DSL; now I am a shade (or three) left of you.
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 26, 2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I hope so.
                                Why? How do you think people's lives are improved by getting rid of the estate tax, cutting helahthcare for poor and the elderly and increasing the deficit by 1.5T dollars?

I thought the R's were all deficit hawks last year.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X