Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ........ further comment: There are some questions about the credibility of the sources saying meyer has been fired. It's been pointed out that the BoT has to give 24h notice that they will meet (presumably in closed session) and that has not yet occurred. Therefore, an official decision cannot have been made yet.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• More ....... I'm getting this from mgoboard so, take it for what it is: there are three members of the BoT on the investigating committee. It would not be at all unusual for the BoT in total, therefor, to be informed of information that came out of the investigation some of which could have been convicting of meyer. As well, the BoT, could have been polled by phone, unofficially, with the idea that they'll announce the meeting today, sit in session for appearances sake, then make the formal announcement on Tuesday.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Seems to me that if meyer is fired, the biggest issue for osu is whether or not they can successfully withstand a law suit from him. It's been said that this is the sort of thing the BoT may have discussed in advance. IOW, the investigation report has been viewed by President Drake and the entirety of the BoT and someone has leaked information regarding these discussions.

Frankly, if he is let go, I won't lose any sleep over it like I know osu fans will. I also think the termination, while probably legally defensible is, in any other circumstance than what exists today in the age of outrage, would never happen. I can also understand how a decision to retain meyer would be viewed by the media and the shit storm of hate directed against the u from the outraged would ensue. The BoT, probably thinks a pitch fork and torches assault from the student body and osu fans in general is more easily dealt with than the potential stain on the u for appearing to think DV is just fine.

Comment

• These are troubled times indeed if, despite the efforts of Talent and all to hold the university accountable, the university leadership still seems determined to exhibit a sense of decency.

Comment

• Srsly, it sure would be nice to know what information is driving the decision. Whatever the outcome, I hope the Dispatch or somebody else that isn't Brett McMurphy is going to stay on the story.

Comment

• Seems the M boards have the inside sources. I hope they're as good as Wingsfan's source.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• heh

Lot of fired rumors on twitter, but nothing more than that at this point

Comment

• Wishful thinking.

Comment

• I'm still only at 55% that the BoT will do the right thing and stand up to the lynch mob. I haven't really been able to get above that level of confidence.

Comment

• It'll be your own fault if so. Stop posting here; go out and do your patriotic duty with your fellow Buckeyes. You have the power to stop them from doing the right thing.

Comment

• The Board of Trustees will met at 9am on Wednesday to discuss the situation. I'm not sure how that fits into the "he's been fired and it will be announced Tuesday" story.

Comment

• There's still time so get out there and let your accountability flag fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Seems the M boards have the inside sources. I hope they're as good as Wingsfan's source.
                              It's an OSU guy that was posting it FWIW.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                The Board of Trustees will met at 9am on Wednesday to discuss the situation. I'm not sure how that fits into the "he's been fired and it will be announced Tuesday" story.
                                Are there odds out there somewhere with sufficient volume to draw conclusions from? If a decision really has been made I would expect the betting markets to be moving suspiciously in one direction or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X