Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an OSU guy that was posting it FWIW.
    Oh. LOL. Yeah, if that's from bucknuts the poster is sort of a known idiot. Is his source "let's call him Bill" or something like that. I read that and LOL'd.
    Last edited by iam416; August 20, 2018, 01:35 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Dispatch is actually reporting that "two sources connected with the investigation" say the likely recommendation is a suspension. Blah. Unless it's a 3-week suspension with time served.

Meanwhile, Pete Thamel "breaking" the BoT meeting date/time as well as writing a piece on how thorough and in-depth and spectacular the investigation committee -- well, I'd consider that a very good sign (Thamel is UFM's boy -- the anti-Bianchi -- in a lot of ways).

Comment

• My source, an M med school grad, assures me he is fired. "GUARANTEED!"
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'd like to know if there are leakers. These days it is nearly impossible to conduct CFB business of this nature and involving programs/guys like osu/ufm in secret. There are going to be admin type hands on THE report to make copies and to deliver them. There is water fountain talk all the time. Then there is the chain of others that get told down the line. I just can't imagine someone hasn't said something to the press.

One M site is noting that rumors quoting various sources about ufm's future are "all over the place" (fired, suspended, reinstated without punishment, etc.) I feel confident a leaker leaked news this morning and upon learning that the correct news about ufm's future was leaked, osu arranged a torrent of false news to be "leaked" to accompany it. A smokescreen to protect the integrity of the process.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Even Brett McMurphy is saying his sources tell him Meyer will get a suspension and the two weeks already served will count towards the total.

Comment

Comment

• Yeah, the rumor from the source I quoted this am was reportedly not credible and this according to those I think post reasonable, generally fact based stuff at mgoboard. As of now, mgoboard posters with brains confirm that the original source that claimed ufm was fired was bogus.

mgoboard is reporting the Columbus Dispatch/Thamel stuff and again, mgoboard posters who have a brain, are saying much the same as you are saying - Thamel is creating a narrative.

Frankly and from the start, I never felt that given what we knew then and know now as fact, that ZS's trouble making should precipitate the firing of meyer. ZS is clearly a douche. DId ufm protect him because of his connection to Bruce? I don't think so and while it might sound good, it's speculative. It's much more likely that ZS was placed into some kind of rehab program that would be a common place approach for any good sized HR unit. He most likely fucked that up, among other things, and was terminated in July.

As for the length of the suspension, if that's what comes down. I really don't care. It might be whine-worthy from the outraged but as far as I'm concerned, they can STFU. Let's play some football.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Comment

• This will turn out to be a nothing burger. There would have to be very damning evidence of Urban doing wrong for him to be fired.

Regardless of what really happened they are not going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Now, the AD.... That's a different story altogether.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It just wouldn't be right if Lloyd beat UM but not Harbaugh - Time to play some football!

Comment

• He should push back. The entire thing is nonsense.

Comment

• lmao

Comment

• It just wouldn't be right if Lloyd beat UM but not Harbaugh - Time to play some football!

Agreed. If it happened, it would be a mark of shame forever that somebody coaching OSU didn't lose to Michigan.

Comment

• "Based on available information there is absolutely no way UFM should be fired."

Agreed nor should he be suspended unless it is for "time served"

Comment

Working...
                                X