Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A respectable defense makes OSU a threat. I thought Lewerke was pretty good until tee off time. He missed the TD throw, but made several outstanding throws.

Ohio State has a long way to go. Probably 4th right now. In the SEC West.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah he was dealing some good throws under pressure but missed the easy one. That sucked but if he hits the pass and it's a touchdown Ryan Day keeps the Ferrari out on the road for a little while longer.

The two early turnovers killed them, they held OK but it left the D out there longer and it gave OSU two extra series to make adjustments. And this guy will make adjustments. They have upgraded at coach,.Brian Cook is sad.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          tOSU 34 tMSU 6
          Jesus I'm good. Need to work on your defense though Talent...letting Sparty get in the end zone and all...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The notion that Ohio State can score 34 against Sparty is preposterous, but not nearly as doltish as thinking Ohio State can hold Sparty to 6.

Hopefully CRD has made a call to The Nick to send up some reinforcements. They might as play this at Verdun with the way they'll be carting Buckeyes off the field.
            Wizard 1 Talent 0.

Now STFU. I had it 34-6. Now ye shall bow before the great and powerful Wizard...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shoulda been 41-10. Nonsense penalty on an INT return. BULLSHIT!!!!

Comment

• fuckin' refs
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• EFZ.

Comment

• That penalty was soft but it gets called a lot.

Comment

• Shoulda been 41-10. Nonsense penalty on an INT return. BULLSHIT!!!!
                      That was a horrible call, but I guess ripping a guys helmet off while the official is 5 feet away is ok?

Comment

• OSU has only two more chances to lose before the playoff. Wisconsin 1 and Wisconsin rematch. Everybody else will be a cakewalk.

Comment

• ...underestimate the power of HARBAUGH!!! at your own peril...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A rare football-related posted, but congratulations to Master Teague. He is 5th in the B10 in rushing YTD with 416 yards. He's shown some nice burst and good vision and has gradually earned more carries as the season has progressed. JK Dobbins is currently first. Of course, with a bye week, Taylor will pass Dobbins and Teague will drop numerous spots, too. But, I like the backs.

Comment

• I'm putting this here because (1) I'm comparing M RBs to osu's and (2) It's nuts and bolts level stuff that reveals why osu coaching is probably better than M's - a lot better given subjective criteria to measure these things.

This is a TTB article (Thunder) that explains inside zone, why Wilson is good at it and Charbonett isn't. It does leave open the question of who is teaching the RBs to make the reads and who the coaches are telling the RBs to read to make a decision to "bang, bend or bounce." Go to the article link below if you want to understand IZ power and how it's run. I also recommend you read some of the comments.

My Q&A: Why does osu have a better run game than Michigan's? Because the coaching is better (both RB and OL? - see comment above).

Charbonett is a borderline 5* talent. He's a Fr. so, that's in play but he's been here as an early enrollee for a while. I understand the speed of the game from HS to college is different, takes a while to adjust to and is also a player. Losing Evans may be a player. But overall, It is hard for me to understand why this supposed bread-and-butter play for M is so raggedy and inconsistent. We know the Gattis offense depends on a strong run game and it's just not there. It has to be hurting both run/pass rhythm and play-calling.

The talent is there. I can only reasonably conclude the coaching is deficient, Wilson's ability to run IZ power well notwithstanding). To support this hypothesis, when was the last time Michigan produced a good back? Mike Hart? Maybe. Since then, M's run game has been disappointing.

I barely have time to write my regular posts during the week, so here’s a quickie post about inside zone and some of the struggles Michigan is having. First, here’s a bird’s eye view of Zach Charbonnet running inside zone: First play after the pick3×1 formation5 (!!!) man boxRun play is the right callWe *need* […]

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ZC is good, but he's a true frosh and he's probably not 100%. He can probably wait out the injury to the end of the season, but I'd be surprised if he's 100%.

JK Dobbins is a really good back and he'll get drafted. BUT, last season he averaged 4.6 ypc. In his first season he averaged 7.2 and this year he is at 7.1. So, right out of the gate, the huge outlier is that Haskins was the QB in 2018. We all the lack of a running threat at QB affects the numbers and efficacy of IZ. It would seem that's borne out in these numbers.

Also, I think the interior of the OL is just better than it was last year. Josh Myers (C) and Wyatt Davis (RG) were both 5* recruits and I think they're finally playing like it. At LG is Jonah Jackson, the Rutgers transfer, who is really good, too. Thayer Munford has been very good at LT. Their only problem is that Brandon Bowen has been injured at RT and Alabi is not much more than a serviceable player. He was fine against UNL but was getting assraped by Sparty. They actually put a banged up Bowen back in the game after a terrible first two series from Alabi.

So, I think Ohio State has a better OL -- by a lot -- than last year AND they have a QB running threat that is real. Finally, they obviously throw the ball way better than M. So, it's hard to get down to the RB level when you're dealing with 3 other variables that weight largely in favor of OSU.

That said, M should be able to run against Rutgers all day. They should be able to gash Illinois. To me, that is getting more to a RB problem or OL problem. There's just no excuse for it. They should bludgeon Illinois.

Comment

Working...
                                X