Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have multiple concerns re OSU football. (1) Linebackers; (2) Non-Jordan Fuller Safeties; (3) No Nick Bosa for Penn State; and (4) Will UFM let Ryan Day and Kevin Wilson keeping doing what they do?

The last one is barely a concern, but it does, at least, register. General UFM stuff and the future of the program does not register.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think Ohio State can score at least 24 against Tulane.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I think Ohio State can score at least 24 against Tulane.

And that's just defensive TDs.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That said, Tulane has many SEC championships as Kentucky, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas and Vanderbilt -- COMBINED. So, you really can't take them lightly. WAR!!!!

Comment

• Didn't you mention that before? And didn't I say something about GaTech even having more? If not, insert that comment here.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• talent ...... why?

AA ...... this isn't about CS. It's about the potential that meyer may have violated osu policy regarding the prohibition on deleting non-transitory, and potentially relevant to the investigation, texts from osu phones and, if this can be proven, therefor committed a state crime.

As I understand what's going on here, in the face of criticism that their investigations wasn't "though" because it failed to submit meyer's and smith's telephones to forensic analysis, the law firm that did the investigation is standing by it's investigation's findings and recommendations and osu is as well. They're positions are it's over and done.

This might or might not be a defensible position. IMO, it would seem like a reasonable issue for critics to raise that the subject phones weren't checked to see if meyer was telling the truth about the timing of the text messages that were deleted. This has noting to do with ZS or CS. It has to do with questioning, again, meyer's truthfulness and/or the allegation that he may have purposefully deleted texts that may have been or should have been relevant to the investigators.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff, let's say he did violate some text deletion policy. Let's also say he spent a month and a half and 3 games being suspended for a giant mound of BS. Hell, I hope he violated the policy. At least there would be some justification for his sentence. As far as the State goes and the potential that he violated a state law, well, speculation is silly unless any reasonible person thinks there is enough to charge him with a crime.

Comment

• Trivia: Who scored the last TD for a BigTen team in the CFP?

Zeke Elliott in the Championship Game vs Oregon on January 12th, 2015 after the 2014 season.

What I loved about that TD was Urban let him score with 28 seconds left and already up 15. I lmao as I watched it. I always wondered if the Ducks had pissed Urban off.
                  Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 19, 2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Barrett Sallee?Verified account @BarrettSallee
                    FollowFollow @BarrettSallee

More
                    Barrett Sallee Retweeted Barrett Sallee

Gene Smith turned in a phone with zero text messages on it. Zero text messages. Zero. Ziltch. None. Good Lord, Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Jeff, let's say he did violate some text deletion policy. Let's also say he spent a month and a half and 3 games being suspended for a giant mound of BS. Hell, I hope he violated the policy. At least there would be some justification for his sentence. As far as the State goes and the potential that he violated a state law, well, speculation is silly unless any reasonible person thinks there is enough to charge him with a crime.
                      I agree the start of the ZS mess was based on a tweet making unfounded allegations. No one with a brain thinks this should have then led, on it's own merits, to where it did. Crock of shit.

However, meyer made things worse by saying he didn't know ..... at the BT media day instead of just saying I'm not prepared to discuss that; I'm here to talk about the upcoming football season. Unfortunately for him and osu meyer continues to do damage to himself when he does an interview. He should STFU but his ego won't let him.

From that point on, questions about meyer's honesty and by extension his integrity have come into question. Sure, if you ignore the notion that high profile individuals in leadership positions involving young men and athletics have a responsibility to set an example of honesty and integrity, then, yeah, let it go. But meyer by his history and current suggestions that he and AD smith may have purposely tried to hide information relevant to the osu investigation is making it harder and harder for folks interested in maintaining some semblance of integrity in all levels of sports to do that.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• lol@Talent

Comment

• I'll take your word on that. Seriously. For the most part, and you know this becasue I've defended him, I think ufm was treated unfairly to start with irrespective of some of the mistakes he made. The bootstrap point is a good one.

Comment

• Bosa underwent surgery to repair a core muscle and will be out indefinitely.

Core Muscle? Not sure what this could be -- Jeff?

Comment

• Hard to say WF but after the injury you saw him on the ground pointing to his L groin. Typically the core muscles are comprised of the abdominals - three different sets - the muscle that is typically injured where Bosa was pointing is the Psoas. This is your hip flexor. It is big muscle that starts in the lower thoracic spine and attaches to the femur. I've never seen it described as a core muscle but is certainly in the core region. If he had surgery, it was a tear. The most likely spot a muscle is injured like that is at the point above the insertion at the femur where the muscle body converts to ligamentous tissue. The repair involves sewing the ligament back together using graft materials. This is a serious injury. Not completely sure but it could be career ending. Hope not for this talented athlete.

Comment

Working...
                                X