Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Shout out to Adrian Martinez on that timely fumble in the Michigan game to make this all possible!
    IT TAKES ALL OF US

Comment

• talent, I know you like football Xs and Os. Certainly, caveat, this is written by an M guy, but Seth is pretty good with post game analysis. You may think osu's defense was/is a mess but, osu's offense was terrible against M, just awful.....not CRD's best effort and Seth's describes a pretty explicit depantsing of him.

MacDonald and incredible player intensity was behind a lot of this but in the past, UFM/CRD have adjusted. Seth points out some of the repeated unforced errors osu made (e.g., false starts, among others including an error in the 2 point decision matrix that is Franklinesque) that got worse over the game not eliminated (I know, per Stroud, the team was sick, LMFAO).

What might sting the most is the line Seth uses in quotes, "best three tackles in the country” and the osu OL in general, just got absolutely smoked by what MacDonald was bringing - credit to Hutchinson and Ojabo but the LBs CBs and Ss terrorized blocking schemes with free runs to Stroud and a high stuff rate v. osu's run game. Great film of the annihilation. Unless your a sadist, scroll down through all the listed plays and just read the recap. That's where the best stuff is..... well, for me anyway. You will weep. Good.

Enjoy:

Formation/Nomenclature Notes: OSU would line up their TE as a deep H-back which I called “F” so this is “Pistol F Wk,” meaning the slot receiver (H), is opposite the side the TE is on. Substitution Notes: Barrett came in for Ross on a few passing downs, probably to get a little more speed out there. Snap counts. Lexicon Note: I also started tracking “WRDIS,” which stands for Wide Receivers Doing Insane Shit, because OSU’s three dudes were making incredible plays against coverage that would have beaten anything less. This is an acronym, pronounced like “whirr diss,” because I had to break it out so many times that it was cumbersome to read it as an initialism. Hopefully it becomes a thing in offensive UFRs as BROYLES WINNER JOSH GATTIS’s wards get to the part of their careers where they can grow full beards. For now it’s an OSU receiver thing with enough exasperation in it that you’re forgiven if you start pronouncing the ‘h’ sound with the ‘w’. [After THE JUMP: Domination punctuated by many opportunities to practice saying “WRDIS” with an ‘h’.]
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've accepted that Ohio State has been relegated to 2nd in the East until HARBAUGH!!!! retires or CRD gets fired. Is what it is. I don't need to relive how it happned. I'll get to relive the same beatdown next year in Columbus because we have a coach that was born on third base coaching a team that isn't tough.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And makes excuses

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Shout out to Adrian Martinez on that timely fumble in the Michigan game to make this all possible!
            STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

IT TAKES ALL OF US
              Shout out to the zebra who swallowed his whistle and allowed the play to continue after forward progress was stopped as well.

#thenightWWCAVdied
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I mean, the idea of M fans worrying themselves with other teams making excuses is the height of the motherfucking pot calling the kettle black. I've seen a bigger collection of bitches. You guys were making pre-emptive excuses for the OSU game. So, meh...

They had the flu. And they probably caught it from those Sparty fucks who sat out 20 players against Penn State. That's just a fact. I don't think that fact matters, but it's still a fact. Just like, say, it's a fact that John O'Korn had to start against OSU in 2017. I don't think it matters, but it's a fact.

Anywho, Ohio State has been relegated. I realize you guys have almost 20 years of pent up frustration to unload, but you're going to have about 10-15 years of dominance upcoming, so pace yourselves.

Comment

• They are like the 13 year old kid looking at a Penthouse for the first time...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• LOL. That may be your most insightful post....ever

Insightfulpost, The Wizard

Comment

• Doesn't feel that great does it?

Comment

• hi-res-72464195_crop_north.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Shout out to the zebra who swallowed his whistle and allowed the play to continue after forward progress was stopped as well.

#thenightWWCAVdied
                          I watched that play as I was preparing a drink at the bar. We stopped him and I turned around to finish my business. Walked out 60 seconds later and was like “how did we get the ball?”

Just fantastic. I’m gonna miss Adrian Martinez: the greatest Husker of them all…

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            They are like the 13 year old kid looking at a Penthouse for the first time...
                            Then what’s the analogy for Nebraska? You know, the team that went 3-9 this year.

Comment

• NOW we're seeing the old Talent rising to the surface again.

I knew he was in there somewhere.

Predicting 15 more years of OSU beating down M. That's more like it.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And making excuses for losing, now that's something im glad im not on that side (and not the freaking refs) - makes you look soft (?) (Mel Tucker) There is no way if UFM is still there osu would be doing that, Sparty beat psu last I remember. Matter of fact I cant think of another game or ' The Game' where this was the so called reason for the loss. Take the L !

Comment

Working...
                                X