Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a pretty old rumor. Like since before CRD hired a DC. But, hey, it's clear that CRD will never beat HARBAUGH!!!! again, so it's probably for the best.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Matters little ...... recruiting wars.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Harbaugh has been 'rumored' to be going to the Bears, how many times?

I'm all for anything that slows down OSU recruiting, but I don't think this one has legs.

CRD is a college coach.

I'd believe Meyer to the Bears before I'd believe CRD is going there. Meyer may not last the season in Jacksonville.

But, a reunion in Chicago with Fields may be a better fit.

There's my contribution to the rumor mill.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If only you actually paid attention to recruiting, Buchanan. Oh well.

Right now, the biggest problem Ohio State has in recruiting is the money cannons from the Texas schools under the guise of NIL. If you're even remotely paying attention you'd know that, e.g., aTm is probably going to sign the highest rated class...EVER. And you'd know that UT is going to pay Ewers MILLIONS and is making a strong "pitch" for Terrance Brooks -- who OSU really needs to say in the class.

You'd also know that M's class isn't remotely close to OSU's class. But, that doesn't matter because CRD couldn't outcoach HARBAUGH!!! if his life depended on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Harbaugh has been 'rumored' to be going to the Bears, how many times?

I'm all for anything that slows down OSU recruiting, but I don't think this one has legs.

CRD is a college coach.

I'd believe Meyer to the Bears before I'd believe CRD is going there. Meyer may not last the season in Jacksonville.

But, a reunion in Chicago with Fields may be a better fit.

There's my contribution to the rumor mill.
            It's not a reunion in Chicago if it's UFM and Fields.

Comment

• Depending on which recruiting service you believe, M has somewhere around the #14 class in recruiting for 2022.

And I absolutely agree that the southern big money schools are about to blow just about everyone out of the water with NIL. Even OSU is going to have trouble keeping up, and they have scads more money than Michigan has.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It's not a reunion in Chicago if it's UFM and Fields.
                Why wouldn't it be? If UFM were to be fired by Jacksonville, and hired by the Bears, he'd be coaching Justin Fields again.

Comment

• He never coach Justin Fields at Ohio State. In fact, I'm not sure Justin Fields would have come to Ohio State if CRD wasn't the head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Depending on which recruiting service you believe, M has somewhere around the #14 class in recruiting for 2022.

And I absolutely agree that the southern big money schools are about to blow just about everyone out of the water with NIL. Even OSU is going to have trouble keeping up, and they have scads more money than Michigan has.
                    (1) Correct re M,. They're sort of in the 9-13 range where 5 teams are closely bunched. They should add 2-3 more nice pieces to put them solidly in the 8-10 range. But, Ohio State is going to be somewhere in the top 5, probably #4 behind the Big 3 SEC Recruiting juggernauts. OSU has another great class coming in.

(2) I'm hoping NIL sort of normalizes over the course of the next several years. I get the feeling that right now it's like a Christmas toy and a few schools are going hog wild with it. Unsustainably so. I also rather doubt they're following actual NIL rules, but that ship has sailed. Whatever. So, I have no idea how much aTm is spending on this year's class -- ostensibly in NIL -- but, they're probably go to land something like 8 of the top 20 players. It's the Wild West for now. Again, I hope we sort of drift back to a place of manageable stasis in the next few years.
                    Last edited by iam416; December 12, 2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• For the love of Lucifer....

STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Please refer your complaint to my agent, Shaddup.

Comment

• Stanford, North Carolina, Kentucky and Missouri's classes are rated above M. This class isn't good (low teens), it'll need followed up with an excellent '23 class (top 5-9) to fill the gaps its caused. I've generally really liked the previous recruiting classes ('19, '20, '21) as far as adding talent, you can get away with a bad class if your previous classes are doing very well which they have. Way more 'depth' of talent in the previous classes. Hopefully I'm wrong about the 3-star types in the '22 class who aren't going to help on the field for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            He never coach Justin Fields at Ohio State. In fact, I'm not sure Justin Fields would have come to Ohio State if CRD wasn't the head coach.
                            You are correct. My mistake.

For some reason, I thought that Fields had played for Meyer in Meyer's last year at OSU. Fields only played for CRD.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                              Stanford, North Carolina, Kentucky and Missouri's classes are rated above M. This class isn't good (low teens), it'll need followed up with an excellent '23 class (top 5-9) to fill the gaps its caused. I've generally really liked the previous recruiting classes ('19, '20, '21) as far as adding talent, you can get away with a bad class if your previous classes are doing very well which they have. Way more 'depth' of talent in the previous classes. Hopefully I'm wrong about the 3-star types in the '22 class who aren't going to help on the field for a few years.
                              Yeah, I'm disappointed to see the 2022 class come in so far down the list, but as you said, maybe they can bookend this class with a good one in 2023. The state of Michigan is going to have a lot of good talent out of HS in 2023. M needs to win the state in that class year.

Comment

• Admittedly, I don't follow the details of recruiting. My view is pretty much overhead. I do understand the impact of NIL and the likelihood that it is a green light for schools that want to optimize big money to lure recruits. At least that sort of thing is more visible with NIL now than in the past.

I don't know if M's success in 2021 with the last three classes that WM mentions (scattered talent but not loaded with it ala. recruiting juggernauts like osu or Alabama) is sustainable. It is demonstrative of the view that a program's scouting of HS players that are 3* types, borderline 4* can contribute in the winning of championships when properly developed and well coached - obviously a lot more included in that process that brings a team to the field that wins consistently.

I'd like to think M's success this season epitomizes the value of college athletics as a means of putting scholar athletes into society rather than thugs into the NFL. While college sports, especially BB and FB, provide a pathway to a pro-sports career and solid players take advantage of that, I think most would agree putting responsible, degreed, well educated men and women into society is an important mission of our higher education system.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X