Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, we have a “collective” absolutely we do. And OSU has NIL deals as well and CRD has already stated what he needs publicly. OSU boosters reportedly offered big money for the kid Kirby stole. Kirby just offered a lot more. No doubt the Bama collective is trying to keep pace with Georgia right now. The difference with Bama and Ohio State vs Georgia and Tennessee (etc), though subtle, is an important one. We don’t recruit with it. There is no coordination between the schools and this collective. And if a kid asks Saban about NIL, he has famously told each of them to worry about the NFL, not NIL. A line that Deion has stolen that made me chuckle with what he did at Jackson State.

I have no idea how long the staff-booster disassociation will continue, though. The coordination Kirby enjoys with his booster collective is efficiently getting him his priority recruits.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• OSU isn’t in the six figures, yet. I don’t think. That needs to change.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I wonder about the tax issue, too. Are the collectives just handing them a cashiers check or is it set up like payroll. Because technically, for it to be NIL, they have to lend their public image to some perfunctory duty like the Tweet about a charity once a month or something. I sure hope the boosters are taking the time to set up some sort of payroll processing so that the taxes come off the top. Otherwise a lot of players are gonna owe a lot of money.

Regarding these 7 figure deals, I think the current crop of recruits are lucking out with the timing. Eventually, there will be more regulation and I just can't see these same boosters shelling out this kind of money forever.
        Last edited by Mike; December 15, 2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          OSU isn’t in the six figures, yet. I don’t think. That needs to change.
          According to the article I posted, so take it fwiw, OSU boosters stopped short of $750k for the kid. How far short, I don’t know.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• CJ Stroud got a $200,000 Mercedes SUV.

Comment

• Kinda makes those MC tats look like a booger...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                CJ Stroud got a $200,000 Mercedes SUV.
                OSU pushes NIL value you can obtain if you succeed at OSU. They do not push the up-front payments. That’s the ginormous issue.

AA:

Dave Biddle is a little suspect. I doubt his numbers are right. I’m certain Georgia offered a ton and I’m certain it was way more than OSU, and I’m certain that if OSU was remotely competitive Wilson would be a Buckeye.

Comment

• Coach Day has said he needs $13million. That wouldn’t pay for Georgia’s D-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

OSU pushes NIL value you can obtain if you succeed at OSU. They do not push the up-front payments. That’s the ginormous issue.

AA:

Dave Biddle is a little suspect. I doubt his numbers are right. I’m certain Georgia offered a ton and I’m certain it was way more than OSU, and I’m certain that if OSU was remotely competitive Wilson would be a Buckeye.
                    To your first point, correct. The schools recruiting with it have fully weaponized NIL.

To your second point, with a one-time payment of $700k, they weren’t close.

Comment

• t would be just fucking motherfucking perfect if CRD somehow pulled off a fucking miracle upset in Atlanta that essentially gifts HARBAUGH!!!! a national title. That's the way shit is going these days.
                      Less than one TD underdog is a miracle upset ヽ(ヅ)ノ

Comment

• ....what we have here...is a failure to communicate...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 8284809cc64ae5844bf67664e93efa11.jpg

Comment

• EFZ
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, good times

Comment

Working...
                                X