Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s going to take 50 for Ohio State to win. At least.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They are more than halfway there at halftime. They've got a legit shot at it.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Stroud is playing really well. It’s their only chance. Have to out score then or get lucky. OSU DTs are ass.

Comment

• Ohio State didn’t get a couple close review calls, but losing Harrison was devastating (on the overturned targeting). And the TO nanoseconds before the successful fake punt. This was pretty much a re-run of the painful loss to Clemson except I had zero expectations.

Oh well.
          Last edited by iam416; January 1, 2023, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• I still really don't know how it wasn't targeting on Harrison. It's not even that it makes a difference. OSU might stall and settle for a FG anyway. But, wow, I couldn't believe they actually overturned the call. And then spot on 4th down that gave Georgia 3 points.

But, losing Harrison was crushing. And when Ransom tripped. But I expect the latter. The former, though. That really sucked. Finished the game with two first-round WRs on the sidelines.

Comment

• Georgia was ripe to be had. OSU took a good shot and almost pulled it off. I was hoping that if M got to play Georgia, that M might catch them on the same type of night.

Georgia may have been sleepwalking a bit tonight, but now they've fully awakened. I think they'll drill TCU.

Comment

• They weren't sleepwalking. They have issues in pass defense and Ohio State CAN be really good passing the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  They weren't sleepwalking. They have issues in pass defense and Ohio State CAN be really good passing the ball.
                  Yeah, Kirby was full of shit when he said that GA didn't play well. They just ran up against a very good, very motivated team and got every break.

They were lucky they knocked Harrison out of the game.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yep. That's about it.

I didn't think I'd care as much, but with TCU winning it was pretty clear this was the national title game and OSU had it. Not much I'd do dfiferently.

Losing Stover also really hurt, At the end of the game, WR1, WR2, TE1, RB1, RB2 and RB3 were all standing on the sideline. Now, that counts JSN and OSU had all year to deal with that. But, losing Harrison and Stover and basically piecing together a RB room hurt.

But, still...here's what Georgia needed:

(1) Overturn targeting
                    (2) Overturn no first down spot on 4th -- 3 points
                    (3) TO a split second before a ballsy fake punt that worked
                    (4) A successful two-point conversion
                    (5) A missed FG at the death

It was quite the sequence. The sack on Ohio State's last FG drive was crushing. They were moving and had 2 and manageable. A TD wins it. That's my one quibble -- I wouldn't have called any slow developing plays at that point knowing UGa was coming hard on the blitz. But, it's a quibble.

Sometimes you play well and lose.

Comment

• Oh PHEW!
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Incidentally, they're both terrible in their own way, but I'd rather lose like Ohio State did. I think. They played well. Some shit beyond their control didn't go their way. Some shit in their control didn't go their way. But it was there. And I think OSU/Georgia are basically even. That's a coin flip game all day, and OSU lost the coin flip.

I think I'd feel worse if I was a M fan because they are (IMO) so clearly better than TCU. That's not a coin flip game. That's a game M should win 4 out 5 times. That would piss me off to no end.

Either way, I'm talking about would rather die in a volcano or shark attak, so they're both pretty much a bag of fucking suck.

Comment

• I need one of the refs on here to explain thar out of bounds ruling. It sure looked as if the ball crossed the sideline before the stick, even if he didn't touch the ground prior. Shouldn't the ball be spotted where it crossed the sideline?

I don't know. Maybe they ruled that it crossed past the stick, but it sure didn't look as if that was the case.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I apparently don't know the rule on that one.

Comment

• Picking up the flag on the targeting call was just a brutal turn of events. Harrison knocked out of the game AND forced us to settle for a field goal instead of a likely TD.

Great game overall though. Exceeded my expectations.

Comment

• If its the play that I think you're referring to, I believe they ruled that Stroud stepped on the sideline before he stretched the ball over the line to gain.

I'm not a fan of officiating today. Especially the one that sits in a booth with a computer screen and decides to nitpick a touchdown pass that everyone watching considered to be a touchdown.

That was never the intention of instant replay.

Comment

Working...
                                X