Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch. Just saw the score and highlights. That’s a tough way to go. I might have the full game on in the background later this week.

Michigan and Ohio State disappointing the Big Ten…
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I mean...I guess the outcome was disappointing after how the game had gone but overall that was possibly the best we've played all year. Certainly was one of Stroud's best games

Comment

• Ohio State has nothing to hang their heads about. They played the best team in the country down to the final nine seconds with a chance to win. They had an excellent game plan and it almost worked. They lost too many of their good players, otherwise they might have won the game by double digits. And Georgia knows it.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          If its the play that I think you're referring to, I believe they ruled that Stroud stepped on the sideline before he stretched the ball over the line to gain.

I'm not a fan of officiating today. Especially the one that sits in a booth with a computer screen and decides to nitpick a touchdown pass that everyone watching considered to be a touchdown.

That was never the intention of instant replay.
          Not that play. In the 4th, Georgia was losing 38-24 and went for it on 4th and at the OSU 20. The offficial spotted the ball short of the marker. The replay reversed it. OSU stopped them, but Georgia still got a FG. I don't think I know the rule on that. I assumed the spot was where you crossing the out of bounds plane.

As DSL noted, the absolute dickpunch was Harrison getting knocked out AND the replay reversal of targeting. It almost had to be BOTH for UGa to win.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Georgia knows they got away lucky last night. OSU had them dead to rights, even with a limited squad. With its full roster, OSU wins that by double digits.

I felt all season long that these were the two best teams in CFB this year. I've seen nothing in the playoffs to change my mind on that.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think I'd feel worse if I was a M fan because they are (IMO) so clearly be
              tter than TCU. That's not a coin flip game. That's a game M should win 4 out 5 times. That would piss me off to no end.
              I'm not pissed. That's because I'm 75 and have been following M football for over 50 years. There's always another season and I suspect M may be better in 2023. Besides, this was M's best season in 25 years, so, there is that. M's post season bowl record is what it is. I think it is pretty clear what the problems are - you actually have to study your bowl opponent and develop a game plan that exploits his weaknesses and covers up yours. That means it probably isn't the same as what you did during the regular season.

Not pissed but highly disappointed in the OC's and The DC (see above). Nearly a month to watch film on TCU's blitz ball with activated LBs and Ss hitting the gaps that M's OL was able to easily manufacture out of TCUs 3-3-5. QB Pressures, TFLs and sacks ensued.

When M got close (3 points separated the two teams with M having the momentum), Minter decided to go blitz heavy. I've got no problem with that call. Rule # one: if your CBs or Ss blitz out of Cover-0, and in this case both did, you better get to the QB. I think when M sent Turner and Green on a double blitz on 3rd and 4, Duggan escaped it and hit his receiver for a long TD, that ended M's comeback. After TCU kicked the EP, their win percentage went from 52% to 87%.

Other than that, it was an entertaining game if you eliminate the butt-hurt that some M fans develop in game and post game. It's not life and death. It's sports entertainment from 18-23 year olds. I didn't realize that until about 5 years ago so, I get it. I encourage you to join my world of M sports.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• IMO, M's generally weak schedule and totally -- and I mean totally -- weak schedule against good offenses hurt them. The B10 was just so bad at offense this year. M played one really good offense. And they managed to win the red zone battle against them and end up winning. BUT, that's only one game. It could be a one-off. It could be that you have a great defense. But, you just don't really know because it's only one game. And then you play TCU -- a team with a fairly dynamic read-option type offense with a QB that will run -- something no one else in the B10 has except maybe Sean fucking Clifford. And you see all of these cracks exposed.

So, I really do think the B10 -- at least in the way they play offense -- does itself a disservice. Now, with all that said, I still think M wins 4 out of 5. BUT, I also think TCU is consistently hitting 30+ on them. And that's where, IMO, I think M just wasn't prepared mentally. They didn't think TCU was going to score. You change your philosophy a little, I think, if you go in thinking you need 35 to win. Hell, HARBAUGH!!!! went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 34 against Ohio State -- to start the 2nd half!

I also think -- and I told Doug this, and I still believe it -- that M is built to beat Ohio State and that Ohio State is built to win the CFP. I don't think M-Georgia is a toss-up (I do think OSU-Georgia is a toss-up). I don't think M is dynamic enough on offense to beat Georgia, and I'm not sure it'd be that close. I DO think M is good enough on offense to beat Ohio State -- and they have twice. But, again, M can get away with things on offense against Ohio State that they can't against Georgia. And from OSU's perspective, they're going to give up points no matter what. They're gonna give up 35-40 regardless BUT they can score 40 on anyone (if they play well).

All of that is to say that we came pretty damn close to a rematch. M, I think, is better than TCU even thought TCU was better on the day. I think OSU and Georgia are a coin flip, but I think OSU was probably better on the day.

Comment

• Speaking of bad offense, I didn't see any of the Iowa-Kentucky game but looking at the box score it seems like the most Iowa game ever. Win 21-0, barely 200 yards of offense, two defensive touchdowns.

Comment

• So, if we had a 12-team playoff, here's what it looks like -- keeping in mind that only conference champs are allowed to get the top 4 seed:

(5) TCU - (12) Tulane -- Winner to play (4) Kansas State

(8) Tennessee - (9) Utah -- Winner to play (1) Georgia

(6) Ohio State - (11) Penn State -- Winner to play (3) Clemson

(7) Alabama -- (10) USC -- Winner to play (2) M

So, TCU plays KSU again. I don't know who wins Tennessee-Utah, but they're both getting killed by Georgia. Ohio State probably plays Clemson and probably beats them badly. Alabama plays M. I'd pick Alabama in that one.

So, TCU/KSU-Georgia and Ohio State-Alabama in the semifinals.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Crap, the Wiz is back.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• ...I'm your worst nightmare...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            ...I'm your worst nightmare...
                            No, that would be my wife's family.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Am I at least top 3?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh... NOW being ranked in the top 3 is important to you...

Comment

Working...
                                X