Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    LOL recalling the day DSL showed up saying ``Fickell NAILED his introductory press conference; recruits are responding!''
    Actually it got better than that, the Buckeye Boys were proudly proclaiming that Fickell was Tressel's hand-picked successor, the transition would be seamless, National Championship caliber Team, loaded, Heisman QB, Fickell is an excellent coach and the Buckeyes are in good hands...... blah, blah, blah.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Not so fast, Illini...

I did not realize 1991 was the last time they had beaten us in Champaign

Comment

• Illinois was comically overrated going into Saturday's game. But with that said, I still expected them to beat the Buckeyes. Shutting them down like they did is pretty impressive.
        Last edited by Hannibal; October 17, 2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• DSL, Your Boy Terrelle Pryor just got screwed royally...you see the wheels of justice turn ever so slowly, but make no mistake, they certainly do turn.

Maybe he and his weasel attorney will now attempt to sue OSU for putting him in this "predicament".

Carson Palmer to the Raiders!

Terrelle Pryor’s career is now on hold indefinitely, unless he enters the game in a Wildcat package or plays another position.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 19, 2011, 06:18 AM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Why would the Raiders trade to get Carson Palmer when they're grooming the great Terrelle Pryor?
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Maybe they're going to put Palmer on defense ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Its now the middle of October. When is the weak knee, jelly spined NCAA going to blurt out its incomprehensible drivel concerning osu sanctions? Anyone know?
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I was wondering about that ..... not a word about him after the Palmer hire. Sounds like the Raiders were focused on getting Palmer. I'd assume the judgment on tp is that he's not ready for the big leagues.

Not surprising at all.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't believe he's even been allowed to practice with the team while "suspended" so that's hardly surprising

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      I don't believe he's even been allowed to practice with the team while "suspended" so that's hardly surprising
                      Yeah, that must be it why the Raiders gave up draft choices to get Palmer. Pryor hasn't practiced.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Well he probably would suck too, no one is denying that. But it's silly to suggest he can never make it in the NFL because the Raiders chose to trade for an experienced veteran rather than turn the ball over on Sunday to a rookie, chosen in the supplemental draft, who hasn't even been allowed to practice with the team.

If anyone should feel like they're dogmeat it's Kyle Boller.

Comment

• Nah, Pryor was probably caught "shopping" in the Oakland Raiders Equipment room. It appears "old habits" are hard to break. Look for his release soon....he will likely join Mo Clarett in the Buckeye Walk of Shame.

Comment

• He's just pissed off because he had to take a pay cut.

Comment

• Well DSL, looks like Tressel has been paroled, he's done his time and may now join his employer in Indianoplis.

Not sure this was a very wise decision by the Colts when they hired Tricky Jim, as they are winless, I suppose he brought the Buckeye Hex with him from Columbus.

Anyway, you will likely spew you Appletini all over your MacBook & freshly-woven Duvet with lace when you read what follows. Jim Tressel will waste an inordinate amount of time, in a vain attempt to atone for his crimes, to the point when he will be staring at a "blank replay TV screen", deep in thought at times.

It's sorta like hiring OJ Simpson as your RB coach, sure he knows much about the position but will no doubt spend the majority of his time "looking for the real killers".

Jim Tressel has served his time.

After sitting out the first six losses, the former Ohio State coach starts his job as an Indianapolis Colts game-day consultant Sunday at New Orleans.

His duties will be helping them decide if they should ask for video reviews, but coach Jim Caldwell said it could be more such as sweeping out the clubhouse.

Jim Tressel was originally asked to monitor and track team equipment but was quickly relieved of that duty. Coach Caldwell was asked why and and he simply replied, "are you kidding me"?

"I want him to come around to make certain he gets a feel for how we do things with practice, preparation, all those kinds of things," Caldwell told the Indianapolis Star.

"The rest of the time, it will probably just be toward the weekends, but he will be around."
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 21, 2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Jim Tressel was originally asked to monitor and track team equipment but was quickly relieved of that duty. Coach Caldwell was asked why and and he simply replied, "are you kidding me"?

lol, Caldwell gets it.

Comment

Working...
                                X