Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't wreck Hack's sanctimonious bullshit!

Heh. Anyway, the writing is on the wall. Hence the fear.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh -- I thought when Tony mentioned sanctimoniousness on this forum he didn't mean me. FYI it's the wrong word and there are more suitable choices available, but as you guys are fans of inferior schools you probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to know that.

But let there be no mistake: that ain't bullshit. Oohi has to clean up its act if it cares about the long-term health of The Game.

Comment

• FYI it's the wrong word and there are more suitable choices available,

sanc?ti?mo?ni?ous/ˌsaNG(k)təˈmōnēəs/

Adjective:derogatory. Making a show of being morally superior to other people.

ding ding ding! We have a winner!
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Seems like a well-chosen adjective.

Comment

• Lol, Tony.

I like Hack. For me, it is all good fun. I think it is the same for him, but cant say.

Anyway, I'm happy with opening day.

Comment

• Wrapped up in that word is the implication of feigned feeling. ``Making a show of it.'' But who's making a show of it? If you've been in Ann Arbor recently after a loss to a rival you can hear on the streets that most of us pretty much mean it just like we say it. And MSC, LC and others of their ilk are totally in love with their own images.

Plus, look at the lot here in comparison to standard sports-forum far -- Talent even admits that he's here because most other forums are full of fools. We don't mind it. Buckeyes are to a Michigan fan what fat girls are to pretty girls. They make us look even prettier in comparison and we get to do our part for those of us less fortunate.

I like Talent too. Were it not for him I'd be stuck wishing DSL wasn't so witless.
              Last edited by hack; September 1, 2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• "Making a show of it" doesn't imply that you don't believe your own BS. It means you make sure everyone around you is well-informed on just how morally superior you are.

Comment

• Could be; I dunno. Never really thought that much about that phrase, but I assume it's in the sanctimony category. That said, sanctimony is a more specific word than how it was used here, and works best to describe people who pretend to be more religious than they are. It's too specific a word for what Tony was going for.

Comment

• Buckeyes are to a Michigan fan what fat girls are to pretty girls. They make us look even prettier in comparison and we get to do our part for those of us less fortunate.
                    Hey ... now that hurt .... :::sniff:::
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Our Week 3 opponent, Cal, just lost to Nevada

Comment

• Yeah, it is good time, DSL.

Just to be clear, I'm here because the other M forums are horrendous.

As for Hack, the more he tries to pretend that losing to.OSU doesn't sting like an.MFers, the more I know it does. Which is fantanbulous.

Comment

• In news of borderline relevance, Shane Morris took a thumping in Ohio yesterday against St. Ignatius. Won't be the last beating he takes in Ohio. WOooOOOOOO!

Comment

• Def hurts less know that our suspicions have been confirmed.

Comment

• In case anyone missed it, OSU stunk up the joint int he 1st quarter, but came alive to score 56 sparked by Devin Smith's ridiculous catch:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQhPvKRd7k"]Devin Smith One Handed Catch vs Miami (Ohio) RedHawks - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Better performance than I expected out of OSU's offense. Although the scoreboard doesn't show it, the defense was worse than I expected. Especially the pass rush for the D-line. The result of conservative game plan against a shitty opponent? Only tinme will tell. Overall, net better than I expected. I am not scared of Urban Meyer per se, but I am scared of Braxton Miller, and Urban obviously knows how to use him. No learning curve there.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; September 4, 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X