Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure a year long vindicative, scorned-lover campaign is a good plan.

What I would recommend when UFM decides to retire is to not hire a fucking coach-in-waiting with zero HC experience. I'd go even further. I'd also recommend not hiring a coach who has failed to win any title of any kind and is barely treading water at .500.

Fortunately, I don't see that happening unless Ray Kroc, Colonel Sanders or some other fast food maven becomes AD.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well Col Sanders would be more-or-less an in-state hire. I support it.

Comment

• Bianchi's stuff is pure gold. "Callers into my daily 1-3 PM poor man's Paul Finebaum redneck talk show are unanimous: this is all Meyer's fault!"

Comment

• Good news, DSL! The B10, in their infinite wisdom, says that Ohio State is still eligible to win the Leaders Division! WooooooooooooT!

(OSU is in the Leaders, isn't it?)

Comment

• Excellent news!!!

Comment

• Wisky could be Big 10 champs and Ohio State could be Leaders Division Champs!

Comment

• OOOOOH a division championship! How exciting! I can see why you two morons are creaming in your pants!

Comment

• A quick digression from UFM's glorious chase of the hallowed Leaders Division Title to recruiting -- seems that Shelton Gibson continues to teeter in academic purgatory with the latest rumors being he ain't gonna make it. He absolutely destroyed OSU's FNL camp and is exactly the type of gamebreaker UFM would love to have.

On the plus side Marshon Lattimore is blowing up! (Glenville Ath/WR, Class of 2014). His highlight reel against a pretty good Solon team last week is silly -- rivals Jalin Marshall's against St. X the week before. I had thought Dante Booker would be the consensus #1 player in the state for 2014, for Lattimore is staking his claim.

If anyone is interested (i.e., maybe WM at best, heh), here's his clips from week 1 and 2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t927TU1En5M"]2014 Marshon Lattimore - Glenville - ATH2 - Jr yr Week 1 and 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I'll spare you the Jalin Marshall stuff since he's of zero interest to M while Lattimore will likely be on M's board, if he isn't already.

Comment

• Hopefully Lattimore is one of smart people from Ohio and leaves the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      That said, my one criticism of the spread is the tendency to go with "leaner" OL. I understand the thinking, but at some point, you run into a badass DL that eats your fucking lunch. The king of spreads, Oregon, has had it happen to them against OSU in the Rose Bowl and against Auburn.
                      That was certainly true of Michigan under Rich Rodriguez. Pint-sized Vincent Smith running behind a "lean" OL would get crushed againt the bigger D-Lines.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Carlos Hyde taken off in a cart...NOT good

Much tougher game, as expected. Got double their yardage but it's still a close game. Very nervous about Braxton's health without a more legit RB to take the heat off.

Comment

• Yeah, Dunn will get a lot of work this week -- provided he can get the plays right.

And, of course, there's much concern on OSU boards over the defense. Given the injuries up front, I thought they played a decent, not great, game against a fairly respectable team -- one that I'd rate middle tier in the abhorrently awful B10. I'm not sure why the sky is falling, but apparently it is!

Comment

• I switched on this game for a couple of plays. Long enough to watch a broken OSU play and seen Dunn get yanked off the field immediately with Urban Meyer and some other coach screaming at him. Heh.

Comment

• Yeah, Dunn had two plays where he went the wrong way. OSU had 3 broken plays total. Fortunately, on 2 of them, Braxton ended up getting 8 or so yards anyway.

If someone who never watched football before in their life watched that game, their take away would roughly be those two teams were fairly even except that team in the red had the best player on the field.

Comment

• Talent or DSL, I was stuck in CA over the weekend and missed the UCF v. OSU game, is there a Bucknut site similar to mgovideo.com where the games are archived?
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X