Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol.

By body of work you mean Indiana and no there games. Classic.

Well, looks like M will drop 27 on OSU. And OSU will can't score against best defense in football. So, 27-0.

As I said, that one is a gem. Can't wait for you to see that one again. Heh.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I just looked at the rankings and OSU was still #1. They haven't played like it YET but if you watched last season, you'd know they are very capable of playing at that level (#1)...

Yet they play a cupcake after cupcake mid November which gives them tons of time to figure their shit out. Buckeyes have little to worry about for some time.

Comment

• srysly ...... you want to make a case that osu's defense is really good featuring talented players?

Rush D: #39

First Down D #36 (tied with VaTech, the Goophers)

3rd Down Conversions, Defense: #46 (tied w/Middle Tenn., Rutgers ...... oooooh)

Because you'll call me on cherry picking, osu comes in at a decent #11 on Passing D. And, that is the only reason, decent Pass D, that osu comes in at #14 in Total Defense.

Defense is a team effort not a bunch of prima donnas with great resumes.

But, hey, I get your ignorance of the facts when that's convenient for you and what can only be a subjective sense that osu is really the #1 team in the nation right now because the factual numbers don't add up to that being the case and osu is just skating on rep and the strength of two very subjective polls.

If this shit show that is osu football continues through week 8 or 9, I will guarantee you osu will not be in the top 10 of the BCS rankings when they are released.

Good luck with all that talent.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          I just looked at the rankings and OSU was still #1. They haven't played like it YET but if you watched last season, you'd know they are very capable of playing at that level (#1)...

Yet they play a cupcake after cupcake mid November which gives them tons of time to figure their shit out. Buckeyes have little to worry about for some time.

..... and you're defending these schmucks?

Every team osu has played so far could be labeled a cup-cake and they haven't fared to well with the eyeball test or the measureables.

I'd love to go down the list and evaluate each of them to assess osu's SOS.

Please ...... maybe try defending them in the Around CFB or the Big Ten thread but not here.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You could've said the same thing in 2014, when Ohio later went on a NT run.

Comment

• that's why Talent is as confident as he is. He would love to sandbag, but with Jeff tweaking him, he can't help but surface his true colors and supreme confidence in Urbz and the buckos. Can't blame him. They're the champs unless/until someone knocks them off.

Comment

• I'm very confident against Maryland. Buchanan has his doubts.

I think players like Bell, Lee, Apple and Conley are very good with at least two being potential first round picks. Based on their full body of work. Buchanan does not.

We'll see who is right. In my roughly 12 years of posting here I'd say I'm batting roughly 0.950 against Buchanan and his silliness. But that's all it is. He gets in shit - sandwich eating trouble when he tries to bridge smack to "seriously." I'd recommend staking out reasonable ground and defending instead of trying to defend the absurd, but that's me. I know JB well enough to know that ain't him.
                Last edited by iam416; October 9, 2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• BTW, JB, you know I think the world of you. Great guy. Very smart. As much fun to talk football with as anyone. And your willingness to stake out the "low ground" and defend-retreat-defend is one of the really fun "internet" things about your style. I'm soooo happy we're past "wait and see" to full on HARBAUGH!!!!

Comment

• Us M fans overrating M's last couple coaching staffs while underrating Tressel have grossly inflated your batting average.

Comment

• Give me a break ........

I deserve some slack here after a decade of, well, misery.

This is the first time since 2006, at least, that there is anything positive happening in and around Schembechler Hall.

There's some truth in HARBAUGH!!! and you know damn well, I had my doubts. Reasonable doubts.

But he is good and what he's done so far has to give M's rivals pause.

Is he good enough to rub Dantonio's/MSU's and urban's/osu's noses in the dirt? I'd like to think so but the horrors of Rodriguez, Hoke and Brandon and a decade of suck loom large and keep me waiting for a shocking return to that reality.

A win by NorthFuckingWestern, at home, tomorrow, would do that and if that happens, I'll STFU for a while. But for now, I'm going to feel good ..... even about Rudock.

Comment

• Us M fans overrating M's last couple coaching staffs while underrating Tressel have grossly inflated your batting average.
                        Well, look, I didn't force anyone to make ludicrous Hoke-Urban comparisons. The Tressel years were closer calls. But some of the Hoke-UFM stuff....woof.

Buchanan:

I don't think I've ever said anything bad about HARBAUGH!!! with the exception of a couple recruiting decisions. I think my position on his abilities as a HC is absolutely clear.

You do deserve a huge break when it comes to talking up M. This is the first time, IMO, where the future is actually bright. However, talking up M isn't the same as talking down UFM and OSU. OSU is flawed team, no doubt. There are plenty of things to take issue with. Take issue with the things that won't look silly in the future. You can heed that advice or not (I already know it's the latter :-) ).

As for me, I try to not oscillate wildly from week-to-week in CFB season. I try to reserve judgment until I've seen a sufficient sample size. That said, I try not whistle past the graveyard as I did in 2013 with the defense and disastrous 12-2 year. Right now I've seen enough to conclude that OSU's passing game is a huge problem -- a correctable problem, I hope, but a big problem. If they get that turned around the other phases of the game (except FGs--awful) are where they need to be.

Carry on.

Comment

• Kareem Walker, welcome to the Harbaugh effect
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            ........Buchanan: ........ Take issue with the things that won't look silly in the future. You can heed that advice or not (I already know it's the latter ........
                            You'd be right. I will ignore your advice because nothing I said about osu's D can't be backed up by the facts:

Maryland has nearly 200 yards in the first half against osu, 135 of that is on the ground.

It's not the edge that's weak in this game, it's the middle.

But good God man, you cannot claim this is a good defense and the assertion I made about osu's body of work demonstrating it is not good, is simply being demonstrated again today in spades.

osu is going to win this game probably going away but my assertion that osu's defense is not very good doesn't exactly look silly at all to me.

Comment

• STARS!!!!!

Comment

• Maryland looks like Oregon right now. They're slicing and dicing the Buckeyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X