Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update on recruiting -- I don't M is in on any of these guys, so it's purely informational. Ohio State probably has 5 spots left for this year's class. They desperately need a DT and have all their eggs in the baskets of Antwuan Jackson (Ga) and Rashard Lawrence (La). Jackson is by far the more likely get, but that's an Auburn-OSU (maybe Georgia) battle and is probably a coin flip. Lawrence is a hell-raising DT from Louisiana. That means he goes to LSU. He took an OV. He has mentioned he might take an unofficial for the MSU game. If that happens, then OSU at least has something more than a microscopic shot.

OSU also wants 1 more WR, but they're in the "elite" boat. Binjamin Victor is probably their number 1 target and most likely commit. They're also still recruiting Sam Bruce an Corley, but I don't see either of those happening. Victor, though, just might. But, man, you don't really believe a high 4*/5* Florida kid will head north until he signs.

I think OSU also wants a LB. They're recruiting Hayes (probably not) and Migue Juarez (eh, probably not). Juarez is fantastic, so he's worth the roll of the dice. Not really sure on Hayes.

They also probably take a DB. They may take another look at Tony Butler. It seems like he's an offer away from committing.

Finally, maybe 1 spot for a wildcard kid -- like Prince in last year's class (who will start next season as a RS Fr).

The 2017 class has so much potential you almost don't want to jinx it. Of the 3 kids that committed on the night of OSU's throttling of the Ducks, I would have bet lots of money that Shaun Wade would be the kid who would NEVER make it to Columbus. A 5* superstar DB from Florida. C'mon. As it turns out, he's holding steady (and Judson and Walker are gone!) and looks like he might actually be firm. I think the other 2017 commits are strong, but, eh, long way to go.

As for uncommitted kids, Ohio State is super position with Trevon Grimes. That, I think, is a matter of time. Jeffrey Okudah is taking another unofficial visit to OSU (for the MSU game). OSU is the clear #1 for him. Richard LeCounte is an OSU/Georgia battle, but right now -- a mere 15 months from signing day -- I'd be surprised if he didn't end up at OSU. And Lamont Wade is also a big OSU lean.

A DB class of Okudah, S. Wade, Williamson, L. Wade (and LeCounte as an ATH) would be insane.

As it is, with Myers (#3 overall - a verbal and a lock); Grimes (#9 - near lock, IMO) and Okudah (#10 - positive), Ohio State could sign three top 10 players for 2017 with #13 and #36 verbaled as well. And I'm not really getting into kids where OSU is very in the mix.

In the dark days of 2015, it's nice to think about better times ahead.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Try not to let the footsteps drive you mad like the narrator in The Tell Tale Heart.

Comment

• I've made my peace with it. I mean, several things. First, 1969. Second, HARBAUGH! Third, UFM has never won more than 24 games in a row. Fourth, the OSU-M would be UFM's 25th straight win. Fifth, Peppers.

Is what it is. There's a small window in 2017 to maybe win the East, so fingers crossed for more stellar recruiting to give UFM a fighting chance.

Comment

• Would I be out of line to call Talent a douchebag?
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No, but you need to stand in line to do so. Your number is 598. Now serving 47.

Comment

• Bullshit. It's higher than 598.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I've made my peace with it. I mean, several things. First, 1969. Second, HARBAUGH! Third, UFM has never won more than 24 games in a row. Fourth, the OSU-M would be UFM's 25th straight win. Fifth, Peppers.

Is what it is. There's a small window in 2017 to maybe win the East, so fingers crossed for more stellar recruiting to give UFM a fighting chance.
                  That is the internet equivalent of "Serenity Now".

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Would I be out of line to call Talent a douchebag?
                    I believe his mother calls him that, according to Jamie H. anyway....about the time he learned his cousin may or may not work at a gay bar..... which was pure speculation btw.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• It's been proven I believe...and I also think Talent is related to Kaitlyn Jenner as well...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Damn, that likely means nearly every paycheck gets spent on therapy.

Get well Talent.

where the hell is Hack? He's an expert with these matters.

Comment

• heh heh
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Of that list, Talent, I know M is still recruiting Juarez and as of a week or 2 ago, felt pretty good about getting an official out of him.

Comment

• Rashan Gary appears not to be taking an official visit to OSU after all, I love this shit but why does Auburn get two? WTF?

Gary took an official visit to Michigan and he told Dohn that he's also going to Auburn, USC, Auburn and Mississippi.

"That can't be a good sign for Urban Meyer.

Rated the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2016 recruiting class in the 247Sports composite rankings, Gary told cleveland.com two weeks ago that he's likely going to take an official visit to Ohio State. As of right now, that means he only has one spot left for official visits.

Gary took an official visit to Michigan and he told Dohn that he's also going to Auburn, USC, Auburn and Mississippi. "

Comment

• Oracle

I don't see him leaving Cali, but he's open OSU feels good about OV, too.

OP:

Anyone with a pulse has known since at least April that Gary wasn't coming to OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X