Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a travesty, at times.

Heacock was the defensive guy. Really good, IMO. Fickell is learning on the job and he doesn't have LBs that defend in space all that well. They're pretty good against "big boy" offenses, but against spread nonsense, meh, average at best.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Booked a home-and-home with TCU for 2018-19

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• BFD
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• interesting matchup..
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Urbie is really stressing the education down in Columbus land.

In fairness to Cardale—a well-regarded recruit who has yet to play a down as a freshman—there's plenty of evidence that courses designed for busy athletes are extremely annoying and essentially pointless. The tweet has since been deleted, so classes or not, Jones learned something today.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• If he drops out, maybe he can find a career in road rage...

Former Ohio State football star Jim Stillwagon is suspected of shooting at a pickup truck on a highway ramp and later striking the driver with a handgun, causing it to fire a bullet that grazed the man's head, after a road rage incident that spanned about
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• He's just as mean now as he was then.

Between him and Jack Tatum, and Neal Colzie they were three of the meanest football players I've ever seen.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ohio isn't about being classy

Ohio State third-string quarterback Cardale Jones made his feelings about attending classes clear Friday on Twitter.
                  "Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," he wrote.
                  Big Ten Blog

ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett write about all things Big Ten in the conference blog.
                  • Blog network: College Football Nation

The tweet and Jones' entire account have been deleted, but multiple media outlets captured Jones' words before they vanished.
                  Jones is behind Braxton Miller and Kenny Guiton on the depth chart and has not played a down for Ohio State.
                  Jones signed with the Buckeyes in February 2011, but spent last year at a military prep school in Virginia to boost his academics, the Detroit Free Press reported. ESPN ranked him as the nation's 33rd-best quarterback in the 2011 class.
                  In June, Ohio State was recognized because its multiyear Academic Progress Rate scores were in the top 10 percent of Division I football teams. OSU also received the same honor in 2011.
                  The 12th-ranked Buckeyes face No. 21 Nebraska on Saturday.

Comment

• Sounds like he's a great fit at OlieO.

His problem is that he ran his mouth to the wrong people. If he would have done it the way he was supposed to, he wouldn't have to attend any classes that would challenge him.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Kid's honest at least.

Comment

• Sounds like a great candidate for kinesiology -- or whatever sham major M is calling it these days.

Comment

• I guess Stillwagon and tweets are certainly better than reality: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=cf_t11_a0

As I watched Meyer and strength coach Mickey Marotti celebrate, I realized it might be time to warn the other programs in the Big Ten about what will happen in the next few years. So here it goes:

You are completely screwed.

You might get Meyer this season. His Buckeyes are still fragile and vulnerable at times. Heck, Nebraska might even beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe Saturday. But Meyer will put you through a living nightmare in successive seasons.
                          OP was, at least, honest enough to concede as much. Most M fans, though, aren't as honest about their own FEAR. Perhaps that's because most M fans aren't honest. I guess that would make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Sounds like a great candidate for kinesiology -- or whatever sham major M is calling it these days.
                            I believe it's more fashionable to funnel them into 'General Studies' these days

Comment

• So some dumb shit at OSU tweets that as far as he is concerned classes are optional, thus once again reinforcing the widely held perception that OSU is truly a cesspool of higher learning and all you two dumb asses can say is that somehow this is a reflection upon Michigan. As I said, what a pair of dumb asses!

Comment

• Oscar Meyer's record against UM 0-1

Oscar Meyer's record against UM when his team is led by Hiesman trophy winners 0-1

IronicaLLY Oscar Meyer's record against OshitU (oh but you two bozos know it all too well)

OH yeah, we have lot to fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X