Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've seen Sam Bradford lose to Urban Meyer in the 2009 NC game while looking "human."
    I've seen Troy Smith lose to UFM, in person, while looking like a 4th grader. And Troy Smith was, you know, pretty good. Unfortunately, OSU doesn't have the defense of that 2006 Gator team.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Personally, I think Oregon wins. I'll spend the first part of this week looking at the matchup with cold objectivity and then the last part of the week and the weekend trying to find some reason Ohio State can win.
      Well that would make 3 of us, you, me & Miller.

Why is he throwing Meyer and OSU in the shitter as he bolts for greener pastures?

Look, Meyer is a giant killer, Saban is still digging-out that 10 point favorite status from his ass!
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 5, 2015, 08:34 AM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Are you going to post his tweet where he said that was accident? Old news.

But, whatever.

Tell me about how Harbaugh is going to own UFM.

Comment

• The only mistake Miller made was trusting that Meyer would not throw him under the bus after his season-ending injury.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OP:

Do you think Ohio State has the 3 best QBs in the B10 on its roster? Or do you think that UFM (and Coach Herman) are so damn good that they can stick anyone back there and whip some of the best teams in CFB? Or both?

Second question. How long does it take your boy to dominate OSU and run UFM out of the B10?

Comment

• OP:

You probably quit watching at 21-6, so you probably missed Elliot's game-sealing TD run, but you should watch it. Watch him see the crease, put his foot down and just accelerate through it and outrun everyone on the field (except Jalin Marshall). He's a nice back. Not exactly Derrick Green or Ty Isaac, but he will suffice:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRvdgFbTKGU"]Ezekiel Elliot 85 yard run vs Alabama sugarbowl HD - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Are you going to post his tweet where he said that was accident? Old news.
                First it was Jim Tressel and his faulty email client and now it appears the North Koreans have hacked Miller's phone? Where will this end Talent?

Seriously, Elliot's burst was impressive, Bama loaded right and he went left. Meyer certainly can recruit and develop players within his system.

But Talent, you can't have it both ways, why won't you back Mighty Urbie's play in Texas straight-up?

It's a good thing Urbie has a 3-year head start on King James because Michigan is going to bring it like a freight train!

Christ I miss the days when Tressel played "Army Guy". Columbus could truly use him now that it appears the North Koreans have hacked their technology.

Last:
                May Hoke rot in hell.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 5, 2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckLion View Post
                  Oh wow, I don't know about 30-18. This is an interesting game since both teams know both offenses so well. I actually think Urban knows oregon's offense better than they know OSU's though since Urban has studied and taken elements from theirs probably more than they have done to ours. I could see either team winning and wouldn't be surprised by anything besides a blowout. I'm going with OSU by 3. I think it's over the o/u of 75 though.
                  Yes, but why did the greatest offense in college football history (2008 Oklahama) not show up in the NC game vs Urban Meyer's Gators?
                  Why did Oregon's unstoppable offense not show up in the Rose Bowl vs Ohio State in 2009?

Combine Urban Meyer, Ohio State, & the talent Ohio State has... I'm afraid Oregon won't look that good on offense.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This is Oregon's year.

Comment

• Sadly, I agree. Mariotta is too good.

Comment

• Ohio State will wear scarlet jerseys. I assume this is a Nike move to generate more jersey sales. They now have two separate OSU/Oregon "Playoff" jerseys to sell.

The line opened at 7 (and leaning toward 7') and has dropped to 6' (leaning toward 6). The public appears to be on the Buckeyes. Not exactly confident about that. Against Alabama the the line got down to 7' when some big-time sharps went long on OSU. Felt good about that. Public? Not so much. I'm the f'n public and I'm an idiot.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Not shown in that picture, but OSU will have black numbers on their shoulders in reference to their 1968 jerseys. Personally, I prefer the regular old white numbers, but I love the return to the "old" stripes on the on the sleeves (for this game and the game against Bama).

Comment

• That is quite simply the most OP football-related picture I have ever seen.

Comment

• JD will no doubt show up momentarily to scold me for preferring Nike to adidas, and he's got an increasingly compelling argument. I'm going to have to take a look at what Underarmor has been doing with basketball uniforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X