Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can a little bit see rooting for OSU vs Bama, just because. But no f in way against Oregon. GO fucking Ducks.
    Yeah, as far as conference pride nonsense goes, the deed has been done. Beating Alabama and the SEC is what mattered. Beating Oregon is of limited additional value. When weighed against an OSU national title and the gads of "UFM is Awesome" articles that would surely follow a stunning OSU upset, this is a no-brainer for M fans.

There's no way in fucking hell I'd be rooting for M in this spot.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I bit my tongue, held my nose and pulled for osu over Bama. Tonight,no way. We have plenty of conference mojo this bowl season. The suckeyes would be insufferable with a title win. Go Ducks all the way!!!

Comment

• with a title win?....
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          My guess is that the bulk of M fans will end up rooting for Oregon even if they go into the game with "conference pride" in mind. .
          Not me. I fucking hate Oregon. Hate 'em. They are the team that embodies everything that dislike about the direction of sports over the past 15 years. Their mere existence has lowered the average IQ of the sports watching population by five points. They should change their name from the Ducks to the Fighting ESPNs. It would be proper.

And people forget that they are cheaters too. What they got caught doing is worse than looking the other way at illegal payments. They used university funds to buy influence with a 5* recruit.

Comment

• ...... and there is that convincing argument that keeps me pretty much neutral. That's saying quite a bit, actually.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ohio State is fighting for all that is good and holy in this fair sport; a flag bearer for the righteous and for tradition; the last bastion of American freedom.

Comment

• Game-wise, I still have Oregon winning. I'm not so focused on Oregon's offense. I think I've conceded that they'll score lots of points. I'm very concerned about Ohio State's offense. I think Oregon is going to sit back, keep everything in front of them and close off big play opportunities. That means Cardale is going to have to show patience and dink and dunk with short balls....that will also require good decision-making and timing. I'd love OSU's offense against this type of defense with JTB, but I don't know about Cardale. I think Cardale may have been better suited to beat Alabama's defense, but I don't think that's the case tonight.

And OSU is going to need at least 42 to win and maybe more.

Oregon 45-31. Final answer. Very disappointing result -- you never know when you're going to get back here. Paper is just paper and next season could be a catastrophe. Gotta win when you're there and I don't see it. Mariotta is the difference. Bah.

Comment

• Don't know about that. The two teams that will be meeting for all the marbles tonight are two teams, outside the SEC, that have a good deal of stink around them.

The winner will undoubtedly be trumpeting the mantra, cheating has its pay-offs in the final risk benefit analysis.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It wasn't just rooting against the SEC, it was rooting against Alabama. There isn't a more detestable institution or fanbase.

OSU hasn't really been a rival for a variety of reasons against the Spartans. When the Spartans are bad, OSU would take care of business and take the win. Plus for a long time, it seemed like the Buckeyes were always the team that MSU missed under the old schdule. I suspect now with the divisional format, all that will change. At least as long a Dantonio is around, once he leaves it will be touch and go on if they fall back to mediocrity.

That's a long way of saying that we don't have the animosity towards them like you guys. Hell, I even choose to spend a few weekends a year in Columbus, Dayton and Cincy. But I do not like Urban Meyer and that predates OSU or Florida.

Comment

• It's the smirk.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        I'm probably wrong cuz I don't watch Ohio State every week, but I thought Urban works a lot with special teams.. ?

It's game day! Go Ducks! I expect Ohio State to win because again: they have Urban, a better defense, will win in the trenches, more talent, & can play well on offense no matter who the QB is. Hope I'm wrong, we'll see.
                        He does. But on offense he focuses on the QB. Doesn't really touch the defense unless it's more of a philosophy issue which he had with the last guy who "left."

Comment

Game-wise, I still have Oregon winning. I'm not so focused on Oregon's offense. I think I've conceded that they'll score lots of points. I'm very concerned about Ohio State's offense. I think Oregon is going to sit back, keep everything in front of them and close off big play opportunities. That means Cardale is going to have to show patience and dink and dunk with short balls....that will also require good decision-making and timing. I'd love OSU's offense against this type of defense with JTB, but I don't know about Cardale. I think Cardale may have been better suited to beat Alabama's defense, but I don't think that's the case tonight.

And OSU is going to need at least 42 to win and maybe more.

Oregon 45-31. Final answer. Very disappointing result -- you never know when you're going to get back here. Paper is just paper and next season could be a catastrophe. Gotta win when you're there and I don't see it. Mariotta is the difference. Bah.
                          I'm going with 42-39 OSU. BOOK IT!

Comment

• Book most of the members of your team. I'm sure sure it's deserving.

Comment

• Anyone who roots for osu, at any time, is not a Michigan fan -- plain and simple.

Just picture thousands of fans like that fuck talent should they win, and I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.

Fuck osu (and that piece of shit talent)
                              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Ohio State is fighting for all that is good and holy in this fair sport; a flag bearer for the righteous and for tradition; the last bastion of American freedom.
                                Yeah, that "conference pride" bullshit is akin to the USA kneeling down to the "mercy" of the UN.

That said, fuck Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                                X