Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, they were pretty good defensively. Sullinger was total garbage, for whatever reason. And no one on the team could hit an open shot when they came. But a lot of that was the way MSU played.

Both MSU and OSU have similar problems. They both lack consistent scoring to get through 4 straight games, IMO. If either is scoring the ball, they're very tough to beat.

Also, while Buford, Thomas and Sullinger all stunk, Craft continues to play ridiculous defense all game. I love watching him guard. He's unreal.
    Last edited by iam416; February 13, 2012, 09:40 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Craft is a hound on the ball, no doubt, but that's based on last year's beating up of Brandon Knight. I haven't seen any OSU this year.

If Sullinger can't give you game-in/game-out scoring, than that's a red flag on him. I just looked at his game log -- a lot more inconsistent than I thought it would be, but less so re scoring and more re rebounding. What's up there?

And what was the story with the msu game? He boarded well and shot 8 FTs, so he couldn't have been guarded by the same person all game (Green?). Weak-side blocker disrupting him? TEN turnovers?

Comment

• Re scoring, some games he's doubled all day long (M did that) some games he's singled (Wisconsin tried that) and some games it's a mix (most of the time -- MSU did this).

Against MSU, he had some really good open looks in the first half and couldn't score. When he wasn't quick on his move or when he tried to get in they key, help defense was there and forced a ton of turnovers. On the whole, it was as bad as I've seen him play. Things weren't going his way, and he let that get to him and continued to force. A really terrible game by him. And Thomas and Buford weren't there to pick him up.

Comment

• For me it's the rebounding. I'd easily forgive a bad game against Izzo and his trees, and he's manufacturing points in the process no matter whether it's from the field or the line -- he's productive with points for sure. But in his last 8 games JS has had more than 6 boards just four times.

Comment

• Yeah, not sure about the boards. OSU usually does a really great job rebounding. MSU got way too many offensive boards, though.

In recruiting news, perhaps the most surprising news of the weekend is that UFM offered QB Mitch Trubisky. Ohio has a plethora of BCS caliber QBs this year, and Trubisky is one of them, but most would not have him at the top of the class. Interesting offer.

Comment

• It is usually an ensemble cast of rebounders? Cause Sullinger's board numbers are not impressive. Not that it doesn't make him a great player or prospect, mind you. He's just not a crazy-elite rebounder.

Comment

• He's a very good defensive rebounder and so-so offensive rebounder. Ohio State, as a team, is 3rd in the nation in defensive rebounding using the kenpom OR% metric.

Comment

• OSU has 3 guys in their starting 5 capable of getting 10+ boards. That's going to hurt Sullinger's consistency in rebounding numbers.

Comment

• Correct. They do a really good job of "team" rebounding.

Perhaps the only encouraging thing from Saturday:

Great quote from Jared Sullinger, said Buckeyes looked like "spoiled brats" with oncourt complaining and arguing Saturday
                    100% correct. It's the B10 for goodness sake. AND you're playing Izzo which means they're going to be physical 100% of the time and dare the officials to foul them out. And, TBH, that's just B10 hoops. Deal with it and quit whining. God, that was infuriating.

Comment

• In addition to the suprising Trubisky news, there is the totally unsurprising news that Billy Price (DT) has committed and Eli Woodard will commit very shortly.

Frankly, Trubisky should commit soon, too, once he gets over the shock of being offered.

Comment

• Surprised about Billy Price. He seemed to love his visit to AA. ;).

I'm glad for him. He always sounded like OSU was his dream. Good luck young man.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          OSU has 3 guys in their starting 5 capable of getting 10+ boards. That's going to hurt Sullinger's consistency in rebounding numbers.
                          tks.

Comment

• Billy Price deserves to spend 4-5 years in Columbus.

Comment

• sour grapes?
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Because he took an OV to M to watch OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X