Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama was only beating LA-Monroe 14-0 at halftime today. A lot of the teams lurking around the top 10 have had multiple games where they've looked very vulnerable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Alabama was only beating LA-Monroe 14-0 at halftime today. A lot of the teams lurking around the top 10 have had multiple games where they've looked very vulnerable.
      Well, yes ........

But you are just looking for solace. osu's offense has established a pattern of sloppy, what appears to be undisciplined play that opponents are recognizing and taking advantage of. They're hanging around too long for, what I am sure is longer than what meyer would like.

I tend to agree there is too much talent and good coaching for this to continue but man I can see this we're the national champions, throw your jersey on the field mentality present here.

osu will be up for thier traditional opponents and for conference play but from 10K feet, this isn't like a well coached and disciplined meyer team.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• talent would be right, I am emboldened by recent football glory at M but this has more to do about negging osu and their flimsy looking excuse of being #1.

I take great enjoyment over watching our osu friends rather grovel in their preseason euphoria about 3 QBs, I think it was, that would start anywhere else and a great RB in Elliot, and on and on.

Jones has shown a step down in his ability to make the right read and complete a pass. Maybe because he's under more pressure than before. Maybe he's just not as good as he thinks he is. Whatever, I enjoyed watching his failed 2 minute drill against, yes, WMU and, yes, right now osu could win the MAC but from what we've seen elsewhere, not the B10.

Here's a report from another observer who thinks like I do, right now, osu is not that good:

OSU appears to be pretty mediocre competition despite the final score (v. WMU). The NIU game was probably closer on the scoreboard than in reality, but Cardale Jones remains a guy who completes a bit over 55% of his passes and looks less and less like a major running threat as teams start to prey on his accuracy. Obviously, having Barrett off the bench to step in if necessary is a great luxury, but this remains a boom-or-bust offense that relies heavily on its defense to cover up their mistakes, and that might not hold true for the rest of the season. It sucks that UM won’t play them until the end of the year because I assume they’ll have some of these issues ironed out by then, but it remains a very vulnerable #1 team.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Page 736 duly marked for posterity.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Page 736 duly marked for posterity.
            Well, good.

The best part about the apparent resurgence is that it's going to revive a moribund rivalry that at one time was the best in CFB. This is the opening salvo on the grid iron as if he is putting his football rivals on notice without being personally aware he is doing it or trying to do it.

HARBAUGH!!!!! The likes of which you both have laughed at without reservation and with the disdain befitting this rivalry so, again, good.

Since JH's arrival, I've been very clear about what I thought about him and the chances for better football at M. I was guarded, wait and see. We'll there is no denying that what we are seeing is pretty damn encouraging. I'm leaving the wait and see crowd because we saw it yesterday. Now what we need is sustainability and consistency. One great game does not make a champion.

I could be premature in all of this but I don't think I am. All of the good things we know about JH as a coach, as a human being, as a fierce competitor, seem to be even more pronounced by virtue of his current place in life, his current assignment and in geography. IOW, he is home, he is thriving.

BTW, none of us, the mgoblog diarist whom I quoted included, do recognize that osu is a good football team, Meyer is a great coach and there is a high probability that osu won't get knocked off their high horse but just a taste that it could happen, just the thought that there is vulnerability is highly rewarding.

If it happens, and that is still a big if in my mind, osu falls to M in AA this season, there is going to be a kind of rejoicing and partying the likes of which is going to far surpass anything that's going on today.
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 27, 2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Well, UFM has never won more than 24 in a row at OSU. M is the 25th game. Given the greatness of HARBAUGH!!!! it's hard not to see a win.

Personally, I've watched enough football seasons to appreciate the ebb and flow of it all. I've seen teams look great early fade and vice versa. I've seen M teams start 5-0 with impressive wins (58-7 anyone? - did you just cut and paste your post game comments from that one?). I've seen Mississippi State tabbed as #1. I've seen OSU entirely written off for far worse play than this season. I'll continue to enjoy the season as it unfolds. I expect OSU to continue to iron out coaching issues (far, far more coherent yesterday). And I expect OSU to figure out what is going to work best for them. In the meantime, the defense is nails. So if OSU is only averaging 35 a game, they have some leeway.

Comment

• I have to say... for all OSU's potential, they're not playing close to it.. this should be a team that is discussed when talking about the all time greats... chemistry issues?
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• They aren't starting the right QB, talent know that.

Comment

• I love how you dismiss the late touchdown as if we hadn't been able to move the ball before
                    270 yards and 10 points. Fucking unstoppable!

We may not have been the better team
                    There's no may about it.

Anyway, as I understand it, I'm now expecting M to kick Dantonio's ass. And then UFM's. These are the HARBAUGH!!!! posts I expected for so many months. Thank you.
                    Last edited by iam416; September 27, 2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• If Tom Herman were still OC, JTB would start. Beck/Warriner like Cardale more. They've removed the read option. They're figuring out how to best utilized their talent (hey, no more Brax Wildcat unless there's a legitimate question as to what's coming next!).

This will surely inspire a grave dig to see what was being said in 2012. I mean, I know the most ludicrous stuff by heart...but it'll be a fun re-read regardless.

Anywho, it's pretty clear M will be in the CFP. Congratulations to M posters. Seven decades of national irrelevance, save one split title, is at an end.

Comment

• I like them starting Cardell over JTB as well.

Comment

• Yeah. JTB was stupid good last year in EL.

The odd thing is that now that OSU is done with MAC West teams their schedule gets easier. IU. Terps. PSU. Rutgers. I think NIU and maybe WMU are clearly better than 3 of those 4 teams. Lots of time to sort through things. I mean, to the extent you push panic button when outscoring opponents by average of 35-12.

Comment

• PB:

I'm sorry you can't handle the facts. I won't burden you with them in the future. So, yes, M clearly had that game in hand until Rudock unthinkably threw an interception.

And, of course, when one can't argue facts they're reduced to name-calling. I rate your post as predictable as whodean shitting on the B10.
                            Last edited by iam416; September 27, 2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Northern Illinois and Western would do very well against the bottom half of the B1G.

Comment

• And Utah might be better than every big ten team right now
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X