No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And 6 of the last 13. Lost in the championship game twice, the semis once, and got kick-sixed out of another natty during that time.

Comment

• Just a thought.... After last night, Winning a NC with a former walk on at QB. Even if he was surrounded with NFL talent, good for him. Those DL and OL lines on both teams looked like the pros. Michigan was the best outside Bama and Georgia.

Comment

• talent ...... HARBAUGH's!!!! ceiling is only limited by the anchor that is the U administration. If he has unfettered national access to the top 100 recruits and the portal, he can win with his style of football that, incidentally, looks a lot like UGA's and Bamma's without the talent. He knows it. He has the staff in place and a decent roster on offense to do well in 2022 and the 2023 class could very well make the top 5 - we'll see but the U has to get fully onboard with NIL and the provost has to concede acceptance of less than stellar HS and transfer portal player's academic records.

Baring that, you're right, JH's celling has probably been reached. I'm not hopeful that the U will allow Harbaugh to play in the emerging pig-stye that, for the moment, is pretty wild, legally wild but nonetheless pretty wild west. The Raiders are calling if they don't.

On the NC, I was interested to see how Kirby approached Saban's O. Unlike M, where he didn't have to, he blitzed the shit out of it. It worked and as he got a two score lead he piled it on. You could see Bryce Young crumple in the mid third and UGA's intensity rise on D as they smelled blood. Saban mentioned this in his post came and it wasn't whining - injuries hurt them more on O than D. Mitchie was out and Williams went out. Catches those two guys make with uncanny body control weren't happening for the Freshman Saban put out there and he wasn't chopped liver.

Give credit to UGAs back end that out-skilled Bama's receivers and participated (the Jack and Star - and MM should look at incorporating that concept) in the undoing of Young. I said this after M got trounced by UGA that I had never seen LBs and DEs as fast, smart and athletic as those dudes. Mitchie and Williams in there would have made some of those almost catches on passes Young was throwing under pressure and off balance but still in the ball-park. Saban also mentioned a 4th qtr let down - no shit the Bama players were getting hammered and the D was tired out. The road graders UGA has upfront on O opened some huge holes on a withering Alabama DL using the offense that Kirby loves, skillfully grinding the opponent to dust.

Overall, UGA smoked Alabama didn't just win the game. Hats off to Kirby and his staff for getting their players in positions to succeed and ruthlessly exploiting what Saban brought to the field. It was sweet watching the 4th quarter and seeing Bennett brush off his fumble leading his O to 3 scores in 7 minutes to crush the tide.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Maybe his ceiling with NIL and the portal is higher. I doubt it. What I know is that without those two things this is his ceiling. He simply doesn’t recruit well enough. Full stop. Maybe he can overcome this with NIL. Again, I doubt it.

You and I aren’t going to agree on this. But, I’ll base my conclusions on his entire tenure including the atrociously bad Year 6.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And did you even watch the game? Stetson Bennet didn’t lead Georgia to 3 scores in 7 minutes in the 4th. He led them to 2. The last TD was an 80-yd pick 6 to end UAT’s bid to tie the game. And the notion that Georgia smoked UAT is insane. UAT outgained Georgia and was at the Georgia 35 with a minute left down 26-18. And, as noted, that was without Meetchie for the whole game and JaMo for most of it. Two huge losses. When UAT was full strength, they beat Georgia by 17.

Anyway, Georgia and UAT proved they were clearly the best two teams. Is what it is.

Comment

• For the future going forward utilizing the portal and NIL deals will be needed, but to me if Jim Harbaugh is a slick recruiter who loves to recruit he is hiding that side of himself. He had early energy with those satellite camps and some.of the other gimmicks that indicated he was willing to take on the SEC, I don't get that impression any longer.

Comment

• Yeah, IMO he’ll never recruit at an elite level. Never.

Comment

• It's Harbaugh's time to head back to the NFL. He has nothing more to prove in college. He beat the big bad bullies of the Big10 in his what? Only his 6th or 7th try? Silver Spoon Day has nothing but his family name to attach to his resume and everyone genuflects.

Comment

• smell the fear
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Smells like a health inspector about to step into Wizzie's kitchen

Comment

• NOOOOOOOOOOO
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Random...but here's Kansas' record under Mark Mangino (2002-2009) and since they fired him. They've never won more than 3 games in a season since

Mangino
                          50-48 (.510)

2010-Present
                          23-118 (.163)

Comment

• But he was mean. Like Donald Trump tweet mean. And after all...we have learned with Chairman Poopypants...being inept and nice is better than being effective but mean.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It does make me wonder about Mangino though...dude basically hasn't worked since 2009. Like three years of assistant coaching and that's it. Supposedly his tenure at Iowa State ended ugly too. He and Paul Rhoads got into it or something.

Comment

• Well the dude could coach. He was from the Hayden Fry/Bill Snyder/Bob Stoops lineage. I hear the buffet places in Lawrence pooled their money together to get him out of town. The other rumor was he ate an assistant coach.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X