No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. But the shtick is old. Soooooo old.

Comment

• Wasn’t it Teddy Roosevelt who said walk softly and carry on with the old schtick?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• M 34, Sparty 17. I do think Sparty hits a play or two, but the slow-moving HARBAUGH!!!! Death Machine is destined for an epic clash with KIRBY!!!!
          Close but no cigar. M won't score over 30 against MSU's D and with Harbaugh protecting whatever lead he manages to get with low risk play calling. I think M's D and Special Teams will continue to put M's O in a good spot. M will give up something like 20 or so off 1 or 2 big plays from Nailor. They ain't gonna run the ball.

"Epic clash with KIRBY?" NFW.

Pennsylvania State 23, Ohio State 20. I want to believe Ohio State can play at least a little defense and that CJ Stroud isn't some sort of video game hero against shitty teams and a clown against good teams. I want to believe that.
          Based on what? Your fanciful perception that CRD hasn't fixed every issue OSU struggled with v. Oregon? News Flash: He has. Frames isn't right in the head. He and his agent are distracted by salary negotiations with LSU's AD. Clifford is a wounded duck. He took some kind of body blow v. Iowa and looked terrible, wincing in pain repeatedly, in the loss to Bert's boys. If it's cracked ribs, those don't get better in a couple of weeks. 6-8 is more like it and that assumes no contact.

His injury reminds me of Henne and Speight both who played injured v. OSU although both had shoulder stuff while Clifford probably has cracked ribs. Affects his throwing motion and there's no question that protecting that injury produces happy feet.

Finally, PSU is not particularly good at anything. By pure FEI ranking they look pretty good but the gap between OSU and PSU in that ranking system is huge. https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi

OSU 45 - PSU 24
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'd love to take some of Mr Talent ESQ's posts here, and forward them on to CRD and his boys. I'd say, "Hey Coach, if you need something to lighten your day, take a look at what an OSU fan is saying in a MICHIGAN forum about your team".

Bulletin board stuff.

Fact is, OSU is by far the best team in the conference, and on schedule for yet another post-season appearance in the playoffs. The early setback against Oregon will not even be remembered on selection day, since all that will be discussed is YET AGAIN how futile Jim Harbaugh's efforts have been against OSU, with yet ANOTHER loss to them. Howard Finebaum will be in estacsy.

Oregon? Is that in the US?

OSU begins the final onslaught this weekend. Franklin would be better off to play Bingo on Saturday, rather than bring his boys to Columbus.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Clifford is limited it definitely helps Ohio State. Again, this is a prove-it-to-me game for Ohio State. I can't overstate just how terrible Akron, Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana are on BOTH sides of the ball.

I have zero doubt that Ohio State's defense is much better than it was against Oregon. I mean, they actually have players around the ball most of the time. It's not great, but it's not the utter embarrassment it was against Oregon. And Penn State isn't great on offense.

I have lots of doubt as to whether Ohio State's offense can "scale up" against a really good defense. Ohio State can and will bludgeon the fuck out of terrible defenses, but whether that scales up against good defenses is an open question. Penn State can really play pass defense. They're really good. Now, without Mustipher their run defense has taken a hit. So, it may be that Ohio State grinds out points on the ground and wins a close one. And, I guess, it's possible that Ohio State just blisters Penn State with an air attack. But, I doubt it. I think anyone who thinks OSU is just gonna drop 45 or 50 on Penn State is certifiably insane.

So, close, ugly game. But, if they plaster Pennsylvania State then I'll edge into gently optimistic.

Comment

• PSU is following Indiana into the spiral of insignificance. OSU wins by 20+

Its Michigan's turn next.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• FRANKLIN!!! has abandoned ship.

HCRD!!! 31 FRANKLIN!!! 12
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's gonna be more like 45-17 OSU.

Comment

• The correct score is 56-21. Book it.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 31 is at least plausible. If CJ Stroud has actually grown as a QB then it's possible they get 31. Much more than that is just nonsense.

Comment

• It will be something along the lines of 45-17.

Comment

• The last time PSU and OSU played in Columbus, Justin Fields and a much better offense only put up 28 against a defense that is not as good as this year's PSU defense. I get that PSU has real issues on offense, but I think it's utter nonsense to think that OSU is going to roll that defense. Maybe you guys are factoring in several pick-6s or something.

Comment

• STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Some pretty loud whispers Clifford is playing injured, they haven't looked good on that side of the ball as their OL is meh and Clifford looks like a liability that's not as much as a liability as his backup. Buckeyes 41, Penn State 13. Do think Penn State is the first test in some time for the Buckeyes offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X