This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    I think and I know it's a long way off, this could be a Top 10 class. HARBAUGH and this staff are rolling right now, lots of positive talk coming out right now.

Should be 6 to 8, IMO. If I had to bet on it right now. Which is a big improvement from last two years. He needs it.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We need a Top 5 class. 2022 was OK but 2023 was just plain bad.

Comment

• You just need quality. Top 5 is relative. And with NIL and the way Southern schools recruit, top 5 is a big ask. MAYBE you get to 5th.

IMO, what you need and what is realistic is to be better than OSU's class.

Comment

• I think that Top 5 every once in a while, especially after making the playoffs twice, is reasonble to hope for. if we are stupid about NIL and that costs us recruits, we've got nobody to blame for that but ourselves.

Comment

• Well, it's a promising start for sure.

Comment

• M needs an elite class (top 10) to remain a CFP contender, and not have a fall-off when JJ and Edwards graduate. Thanks to two mediocre recruiting classes in a row, M's underclass talent on next seasons squad is severely lacking after Will Johnson and a few others. Harbaugh's staff has done pretty well developing and coaching up their 3-stars into solid B1G players, but you still need blue-chip talent (top 150 overall types) to compete with the Buckeyes, Penn State and pretty soon, USC. That blue-chip talent is far more likely to be your all B1G talent.

Getting the Buckeye's leftovers in Ohio would be a major positive, for awhile Harbaugh wasn't netting anything from Ohio.

Comment

• The 2024 guys will be needed to contribute pretty much immediately. We should expect lots of graduation and early NFL entries this off season -- probably the most that we have had in a long time.

Comment

• I hate to say it, BUT, 2023 is probably Harbaugh's best shot at a natty. There will definitely be a rebuilding (hopefully reloading) process in 2024 so next year is huge. I base that on what Michigan has coming back compared with UGA, OSU, and Bama all replacing their QBs. I'm sure they have a lot of plug and play guys, tho.

Comment

• It probably is our best shot at at least winning one playoff game. Expectations should be very high this year. I hope that we don't get a typical "Michigan high expectations" season in response.

Comment

• Talent -- read it and weep..

image_3967.png

Comment

• I mean, most of those M guys OSU isn't that interested in. Marshall for sure.

West and Scott waaaay for sure -- and M is a real threat for both.

Comment

• You can just sense the fear in Talent's rationalization.

Comment

• True

Comment

• sandbaggus fearbullshittus
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I can't remember the last time we plucked an Ohio kid that OSU actually wanted. This is a fantastic development and if we can get another 1 or 2 for 2024 and have a big season this fall, maybe we can start to bridge the talent gap with the other elite programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X