Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The KG is just so sharp. For the 2000 ELO or lower playing a similarly skilled opponent, an attacking, tactical player is very dangerous with it even if precise responses neuter it fairly effectively (Although, Spassky played it some as well as a few odd GMs looking to catch some opponents unprepared. It puts people out of their comfort zone with positions they don’t often see).

Also, chess talk goes on the movie thread, philistine.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 4, 2022, 08:49 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I was out of my comfort zone for sure. King’s side exploded. Fortunately my opponent isn’t an attacking player. Eventually gathered another pawn and am in king and rook with 5-3 pawn advantage.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah. If you want to avoid that kind of mayhem, you can just forget about the won pawn and develop naturally. Really, white is hoping for black to overstretch defending their extra pawn, eschew normal development and king safety, and get off into unfamiliar positional weeds.

I lost a tourney game doing just that against a weaker player. Made me want to pull a Nimzowitsch and climb up on the table and shout, “Why must I lose to this idiot!?”
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oh, Saban is firing shots at Jimbo:

”You read about it, you know who they are. We were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness.

“We didn’t buy one player. Aight? But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future, because more and more people are doing it. It’s tough.”

-Nick Saban

Comment

• Along with TAMU in the SEC, Tennessee is big into recruiting with NIL dollars. Everyone will be unless we get some common sense rules in place.

Comment

• STFU
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Howard Finebaum is "gobsmacked" by The Nick's remarks. Whatever that means. I'm too lazy to Google it.

I understand why Nick is upset. When he sees that other teams are taking advantage of new rule which can level the playing field a bit, he has a right to be upset. And I don't believe for a moment that the good folks in Tuscaloosa cannot find a way to match TAMU dollar for dollar when it comes to NIL. That day is close at hand.

And I'm not equating NIL with cheating. NIL is completely within the rules, and fair game for everyone to use. I wish Michigan would jump in with both feet, but I think that is as likely to happen as The Wizard making the #1 ranked wings in Nebraska.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jimbo firing back and he's pretty pissed.

Says Saban tried to call him and Jimbo wouldn't answer.

Jimbo Fisher blasts Nick Saban over NIL, recruiting allegations (usatoday.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Howard Finebaum is "gobsmacked" by The Nick's remarks. Whatever that means. I'm too lazy to Google it.

I understand why Nick is upset. When he sees that other teams are taking advantage of new rule which can level the playing field a bit, he has a right to be upset. And I don't believe for a moment that the good folks in Tuscaloosa cannot find a way to match TAMU dollar for dollar when it comes to NIL. That day is close at hand.

And I'm not equating NIL with cheating. NIL is completely within the rules, and fair game for everyone to use. I wish Michigan would jump in with both feet, but I think that is as likely to happen as The Wizard making the #1 ranked wings in Nebraska.
                    At the risk of repeating myself...I loathe you.

Oh and STFU.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jimbo is and was a piece of shit. He was when Saban first hired him and he is today. I personally love that Nick said this. What TAMU (and Tennessee and a few others) are doing is de facto cheating. Yeah, kids can get NIL deals, but boosters have taken this, weaponized it, and are using it get kids to their campus - not some legitimate business marketing contract after the kid signed.

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Jimbo is and was a piece of shit. He was when Saban first hired him and he is today. I personally love that Nick said this. What TAMU (and Tennessee and a few others) are doing is de facto cheating. Yeah, kids can get NIL deals, but boosters have taken this, weaponized it, and are using it get kids to their campus - not some legitimate business marketing contract after the kid signed.
                          Well, what the hell did he think was going to happen? It was pretty obvious. Only difference is it's out in the open now.

Comment

• The untold story is there were reportedly 6 kids that Nick and Jimbo were both recruiting who were offered big NIL deals and asked “if Bama could match what TAMU was giving them.”

It pissed Nick off. Hence this.

Comment

• Thou shalt not mess with The Nick.

- Lou Holtz circa 2015
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nick should be pissed about his Alabama boosters, they have fallen behind the times. After leading the country for so long they have let Texas A&M take the lead in enticing players.

The Nick shouldn't have apologized however, he knew exactly what he was doing when he called out Texas A&M. He shouldn't walk back his comments about singling out Texas A&M, he meant it so he should stand firm. To do anything else is wishy washy.

The genie is out of the bottle and it isn't getting back in. The only way the colleges or the NCAA could get a handle on this is if the players unionize and there is some sort of collective bargaining to be able to set rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X