Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
    Pavel is 38 and has wanted to go home for years. Holland and Illitch convinced him to stay up to now. I agree it's apples and oranges compared to Fed. That said, I feel no disdain toward Fed. If you want to leave, then leave. It's not like Grant Hill, who lead Dumars to believe he was staying only to bolt unexpectedly.
    I think I like you.

The point isn't hating Datsyuk for leaving. It's that Wings fans shouldn't be hating EITHER of them.

Comment

• There goes Chemi, whining over peoples' personal preferences again. We all got blinders now a days cause Feds got dicked 10 years ago and we're all not down at the Joe picketing.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Mantha was sent back down. This was Hollands quote

“Anthony Mantha was a spare part in the (AHL) Calder Cup playoffs a year ago. Why does anyone think he is going to be the answer in Detroit?”

What a dick
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sounds like he is out the door.

Must be maturity issues.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sheesh Dats distraction, Mantha sent down, goalies being pulled too often......Can this group really pull off an upset?

Comment

• Mantha needs to play, not watch. If he isn't ready, why would they keep him up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                I am guessing the only thing that can persuade him differently would be a deep run in the playoffs.
                Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                The way I see it is, one more bonified chance to get your name on the Cup might be enough to persuade for one more year.

If they get to the Conference Finals and lose in 7 or the Finals and win or lose, this would be the only compelling reason to give it a try for one more year.

Money does not matter because he is set and he will get paid whether he plays or not.
                FOX 2 Detroit Retweeted FOX 2 Sports ‏@FOX2Sports [ame="https://twitter.com/FOX2Sports/status/719562032211738624"]4m4 minutes ago[/ame]
                #RedWings Datsyuk "It's hard to make 100 percent decision now"
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  What do you guys think of Blashill? It's a tough year to judge but it seemed like he always got more out of the guys in GR. This wings team is flawed in many ways but I was expecting more
                  It may be early to judge but I have not been impressed. The Power Play got worse and I think the offense in general did as well despite adding Larkin, AA, Mantha, and Pulkinen. Granted some of those guys got very little playing time but that's his call. I thought I heard this was the lowest goal total the Wings have had since the 70's. That seems incredible considering some of the talent. I know the defensemen have been pretty poor but at times they looked lost when trying to set up in the offensive zone.

He probably did better in GR because the talent level of the other teams wasn't quite as good. At the NHL, other teams are just as talented if not more talented. He has a reputation for having a grind it out philosophy and the Wings haven't been that kind of team in a long time. That may be part of the problem. The talent doesn't reflect the coach's philosophy.

Comment

• I saw this article today. Interesting point of view:

Comment

• From what I read about Pavel it seems there's room for Holland and Illitch to convince him to stay one more year.

Comment

• If we have a real shot at Stamkos id rather Detroit trade Dats to a team like Arizona so they'll get to the salary cap floor and pay Stamkos to wear the winged wheel
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          I saw this article today. Interesting point of view:
                          http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/201...-one-more-year
                          That quote from a current Detroit player saying Blashill is trying to be a Babcock mini me is a bit concerning
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Green!!! Finally a good shot
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• yes!!!!! Another!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Wings are pouring on the pressure. This is beautiful
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X