No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " but Harris-Gilibrand-Warren-Booker all in on one bill seems like MAINSTREAM Democrats to me. "

Mainstream? Really? If members of the so-called Freedom Caucus all sponsor a bill, does that make those psychopaths mainstream GOP? Jesus, I hope not. Just as the 2016 early GOP entrants all fell over each other trying to prove who was farthest right, 2018 dems are the same circus only leftward leaning. Its good theater right now, but the herd will thin as more centrist candidates enter the fray.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Mainstream? Really? If members of the so-called Freedom Caucus all sponsor a bill, does that make those psychopaths mainstream GOP? Jesus, I hope not. Just as the 2016 early GOP entrants all fell over each other trying to prove who was farthest right, 2018 dems are the same circus only leftward leaning. Its good theater right now, but the herd will thin as more centrist candidates enter the fray.
      Bernie Sanders is also on-board. And, if you think Kamala Harris is the Left's version of the Freedom Caucus, then more power to you. Aside from the fact that you're comparing House members to Senators, you're also comparing House members to folks running for the D nomination and at least 3 of whom aren't on the periphery but rather are legitimate threats to win the nomination.

In fact, I'd ask you who you think are the front-runners for the D Nomination? Joe Biden is the only bigger name out there than someone in that group. I hope to christ they nominate him, but I'm not too confident.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I'm not in whatever group you're in, that's for sure. Indeed, if whistling past the graveyard is a prerequisite to join any group then I'd rather not.
        I edited that line out, but stand by the final line in my statement, the one you skipped over. And it is fine, it doesn't need require a response. perhaps some internal reflection.

Comment

• That's a definition of ``mainstream'' that includes Warren and not Pelosi.

Comment

• Biden's name a noticeable absence on their list of candidates who support it: https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...n-New-Deal-FAQ

Comment

• MAGA Nation
              Jeff Bezos wrote that "numerous people" have contacted his investigative team about "similar experiences" with the National Enquirer. Who are those people?

Comment

• That's a definition of ``mainstream'' that includes Warren and not Pelosi.
                We disagree, then.

I think a group of Sanders, Harris, Gilibrand, Warren and Booker constitute "mainstream" D thought.

Pelosi and Biden don't oppose the Palin-Cortez Green New Deal, either. They just haven't affirmatively endorsed it. Yet.

I suppose when it's a plank in the D platform we'll have our answer. Or when Biden finally weighs in.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'd like to see Joe Biden and Steve Bullock as the top two to pick from, with perhaps a youngster like Conor Lamb as a possible VP candidate.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• axo4ccf9gcf21.jpg?width=720&auto=webp&s=125d43dc13f0414e639de4e58410469642c12698.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      I'd like to see Joe Biden and Steve Bullock as the top two to pick from, with perhaps a youngster like Conor Lamb as a possible VP candidate.
                      A Biden-Bullock ticket would be intetesting.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Cory Booker is like one of those skeleton watches, you can see the gears turning. And he oversells everything, it's just awful to watch. He's like an over actor, and it's so transparent.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Bernie Sanders is also on-board. And, if you think Kamala Harris is the Left's version of the Freedom Caucus, then more power to you. Aside from the fact that you're comparing House members to Senators, you're also comparing House members to folks running for the D nomination and at least 3 of whom aren't on the periphery but rather are legitimate threats to win the nomination.

In fact, I'd ask you who you think are the front-runners for the D Nomination? Joe Biden is the only bigger name out there than someone in that group. I hope to christ they nominate him, but I'm not too confident.
                          IMO, K. Harris is well out front in terms of having the controlled media's benediction. I've seen no critical reporting of her.

Maybe an old sage like myself can mediate the "prediction" confusion between Talent and Kapture.

" Guys, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first."

Comment

• Very interesting
                            Accounts by former employees contribute to mounting evidence that even as the president vilifies workers without legal status, he has long benefited from their labor.

Comment

• I think it mostly is he doesn't either want a let down or to be pointed and laughed at.

Comment

• AMI might have to worry about the federales as much as Bezos.
                                NEW YORK (AP) Federal prosecutors are looking into the National Enquirer's handling of a story about Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' extramarital affair to see if the tabloid's publisher violated a cooperation agreement with prosecutors, two people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Friday. Bezos claims the Enquirer's publisher, American Media Inc., tried to extort and blackmail him. In an extraordinary blog post published Thursday on Medium.com, Bezos said AMI threatened to publish intimate photos of him unless he stopped investigating how the Enquirer obtained his private exchanges with his mistress.

Comment

Working...
                                X