Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one on either side knew? Took both programs by surprise? If you believe this you probably also believe Donald Trump tells the truth.

Very well could be. Certainly feasible.

Comment

• Alabama has had 24 1st round picks since 2010, Michigan has had 4. Saban doesn't have to do much more to recruit than provide that statistic, that is the best currency in recruiting. No highly ranked recruit thinks he's not the best at his position coming in.

Comment

• I just remember when Mark Ingram was a MSU commit, he was a legacy recruit, he was underrated by the scouts he was going to be a good running back for MSU, Saban took one trip up to Flint and he was no longer a Spartan. He would have gotten to the NFL from MSU, but he probably wouldn't have won the Heisman nor a national championship.

Comment

• I should specify. For five-star guys, I mean. Gary wouldn't be going any higher in the draft had he gone to Alabama. Hill is probably that kind of player.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum
            And the "won't get playing time at Bama" line just insn't true. 14 freshmen got playing time this year. With All-American Deionte Thompson leaving early to be a first round pick, Dax would most certainly get playing time next year.
            Maybe that's the case and my sense of it is stale there. Could be.

Comment

• Saban has got it all down to a science, he does the Calipari approach to those blue chippers. He probably doesn't want them more than three years, it clogs up the pipeline.

Comment

• I don't really want to believe the bagman stuff, I have no idea why Hill flipped.

Comment

• Championships and NFL readiness. Was it in Rashan Gary's best interest to come to Michigan and not Clemson?

Comment

• Those weren't his only criteria, thankfully.

Comment

• Don't you dimbulbs have your own threads? This thread is reserved for the exasperated and crushing sadness associated with Ryan Day ain't UFM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's a likely top-5 pick, right? My point is that guys at that level are going pro no matter where they choose to go to college.

Comment

• Good point there. I wonder if Peppers counts there.

Comment

• I'd be surprised if he went top 5

Comment

• Didn't he come out #2 on somebody's ranking? I was surprised as it seems his stock had fallen.

Comment

• Oh yeah, McShay has him at #2, but I would be stunned if he was top 10 y draft time. If you are a tackle that high you better look like Suh or Donald.

Comment

Working...
                                X