No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys… I’m not vaxxed or boosted but I feel so good. Please pray for me.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Odds are you personally will be fine. COVID, in terms of individual virulence, is not a particularly or uniquely deadly disease. Hell, a decent percentage of the population barely feels any symptoms or none at all.

The reason there was such a push for vaccination was because it was pretty uniquely contagious (somewhere around 3-4 times more contagious than the flu), and was particularly deadly to compromised populations (which shouldn't be a surprise because it was a novel virus and thus largely new to human immune systems). It was about caring about the people around you, and a massive chunk of humanity failed on that score.

Comment

• Instead of worrying about a shot worry about your health. You’ll be fine.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They’re not mutually exclusive. I had a shot and was basically asymptomatic - just a scratch in my throat and was testing negative within 36 hours. A girl I know is unvaxxed and has had it 3 times in the last 9 months and it’s wiped her out every time with temperatures etc.

Just anecdotal but I don’t regret having the jab - gave me no ill effects at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Guys… I’m not vaxxed or boosted but I feel so good. Please pray for me.
            What an ass.

Comment

• I'm of the opinion that people can choose to be vaccinated if they want and not if they don't. The madness at the beginning seemed to be cuz nobody quite knew what was going on yet and in some countries they couldn't treat people cuz it spread so fast. At this point I think the whole vaccination thing is as much about control as anything else. I got a booster, but as if I'm somehow safer to fly based on double vaccination a year ago than somebody who isn't vaccinated. As if
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• And plus, now this shit is here forever....

Happy Fun GIF
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I thought the unvacced Djokovic looked fucking TERRIBLE winning his 7th Wimbledon.
                  No-Vac…… come on, dude. Get with the program.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

What an ass.
                    Yeah. But he's our big az

season 16 dancing GIF
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      I'm of the opinion that people can choose to be vaccinated if they want and not if they don't. The madness at the beginning seemed to be cuz nobody quite knew what was going on yet and in some countries they couldn't treat people cuz it spread so fast. At this point I think the whole vaccination thing is as much about control as anything else. I got a booster, but as if I'm somehow safer to fly based on double vaccination a year ago than somebody who isn't vaccinated. As if
                      True. I went back in this forum to mid-March of 2020 and looked at my posts. I recommend it. We had no clue as to what was coming.

You guys hate Trump. IMO, his greatest mistake was to shut down the economy. There were several non-government virologists who recommended that the US concentrate on the at-risk population and not worry much about young, healthy people. That would have kept the economy open. The fact is that those states that opened their economies soonest did far better than those states that kept their's closed. That certainly in terms of schooling and business, but ALSO in terms of deaths.

I've been double vaccinated and then had two boosters because I'm old and at risk. But I read an article today that 10 KC Royals are not going to be allowed to play against the Blue Jays in Toronto because Trudeau has reinstituted a vax mandate. They are all going to be docked four days' pay. It is about control now, not health.

Comment

• I don't support mandates for the COVID vaccine, but I totally recommend the vaccine. Particularly since I lost someone close in my family to a condition that developed after having COVID, before vaccines were available. Hindsight about shutdowns isn't too helpful if it doesn't also take into consideration the weight of it all on the hospitals at the time. Many were over capacity and understaffed.

Trump and his administration made a number of errors that cost a lot of lives and impacted the economy more than the shutdowns did, IMO.

Canada has had very strict COVID policies and that probably helps to explain why their infection and death rates are far lower per capita than ours. They are relaxing them carefully and slowly.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• As a society, Americans got fed up with having our "freedoms" usurped by mandates and such, and decided to either get all the shots, or not, and just go back to life as before the pandemic.

Basically, some combination of:
                          "Go away. I'm too busy to worry about that stuff."
                          "I am sick and tired of the distancing and masks and all that crap."
                          "People are saying it's fake."
                          "No one I know has died from this."
                          "It's no worse then the flu."

As far as Trump goes, I feel his backers on how he handled the pandemic are more foolish then he is. He could have used it to his benefit if he would have took the reins and led. He was so worried about how it hurt the economy (His only standing point on re-election for mainstream voters) that he just wanted it all to be a fantasy or fake news. All he had to do is say this thing is real and we need to stay safe until we had a vaccination or cure. I know that would have resonated with mainstream purple voters.

He cost himself the 2020 election by, well... being himself. A narcissitic jack wagon that only cares for those who grovel at his feet. Then compounded it by acting like a child with his act that someone stole it from him. Doubled down by trying to have his followers attack congress and his own VP.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Most people can’t even manage their own households and yet 1 man gets blamed for not being able to manage a once in a hundred years pandemic
                            I don’t believe his predecessor did anything to prepare for such an event either.
                            when Abraham Lincoln was being criticized by almost everyone he finally said can I please have the same benefit as you want from me for mistakes or failures.
                            I paraphrased but that was the point.

Comment

• Future, do you honestly not believe that in general there was an overall overreaction to the whole Covid deal? I know and empathize that people died, but IMO the economy and society did not have to be hit for as hard and as long as they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                I don't support mandates for the COVID vaccine, but I totally recommend the vaccine. Particularly since I lost someone close in my family to a condition that developed after having COVID, before vaccines were available. Hindsight about shutdowns isn't too helpful if it doesn't also take into consideration the weight of it all on the hospitals at the time. Many were over capacity and understaffed.

Trump and his administration made a number of errors that cost a lot of lives and impacted the economy more than the shutdowns did, IMO.

Canada has had very strict COVID policies and that probably helps to explain why their infection and death rates are far lower per capita than ours. They are relaxing them carefully and slowly.

This is all true except I don't agree about the economy part (take that from an outside observer you guys are of course much closer to it than me) ... altho here in BC there are basically no rules now unless you're traveling or in a medical facility. Still, I think that in general there was an overreaction and it cost many. There was a balance needed and I think it ended up being too cautious in this case

Comment

Working...
                                X