Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    Most people can’t even manage their own households and yet 1 man gets blamed for not being able to manage a once in a hundred years pandemic
    I don’t believe his predecessor did anything to prepare for such an event either.
    when Abraham Lincoln was being criticized by almost everyone he finally said can I please have the same benefit as you want from me for mistakes or failures.
    I paraphrased but that was the point.
    I get it. Mistakes were inevitable and some would have happened regardless of who was in the WH. But many of Trump's came from rejecting science and thinking he knew better than the experts.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
      Future, do you honestly not believe that in general there was an overall overreaction to the whole Covid deal? I know and empathize that people died, but IMO the economy and society did not have to be hit for as hard and as long as they were.
      Well, we went months where the disease was spreading without the general public knowing about it. And even months after when we did the Trump administration said it was fake. Laying the ground work where a lot of people followed that and died. Some very publicly. Again, Trump could have spun this for his own benefit but his ego and fear of not being re-elected played a part too. But as much as I do not like some things he's said and done, even I would have been understanding because who has a plan for this? Oh, I know, the agency HE eliminated. Anyways... All he had to do was lead and TRY to save as many people as he could.

I am probably the wrong guy to ask. I am a Safety Director by trade so anything that saves 1 life is justification enough. I also have had more friends die or severely hospitalized by COVID so money isn't my top consideration.

I personally think it wasn't over-reacted to as much as 9-11. People just laid/ are laying, their rights down because they think some Islamic-terrorist is gonna blow up a 7-11 in Farmville. And now it has snowballed into what we have today where people who SWORE to uphold the law are outright saying they won't if it goes against their narrative. And they feel free to act as judge-jury-executioners and then say, "I was 'fraid." And everyone is like, "I can see that. But my little scared guys are heroes!"

And you DO realize a lot of that was because people got told lies that it was just the flu, fake news, etc.. Thusly spreading the disease around. Dude got mad because of Fauci's popularity.

So I dis-agree that there was an over-reaction. In my professional opinion, what you say would have been lessened if everyone was on the same page. At the beginning I said if we isolate on a real level, this could be gotten under control. But that never really happened.

Question: If you don't come into contact with another person, CAN YOU CONTRACT COVID?

The answer to that question, answers your question. I just think your question is based on one variable. This COVID thing has dozens of variables.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Think all the vaxxers and anti-vaxxers need to go watch the latest (and best) Bill Burr special “Live from Red Rocks” ……. He has the solution for us all to live with each other in a civilised society 👌

You lurking Mr Panoptes?? New Bill Burr special…….. awesome! I know you’ll think so also.

P and S …… fk china
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

This is all true except I don't agree about the economy part (take that from an outside observer you guys are of course much closer to it than me) ... altho here in BC there are basically no rules now unless you're traveling or in a medical facility. Still, I think that in general there was an overreaction and it cost many. There was a balance needed and I think it ended up being too cautious in this case
          Next time you look at the person you love the most, think about that person being sacrificed for the sake of the economy.

We lost not one day of work for pivoting to things that are necessary. We also didn't wait for the government to give us a baseline to do things. I and the owner isolated departments, installed plexi-glass, sanitized (of which I came in early for a year and a half) and disinfected RR, offices and the interiors of our bldgs. I also have tested EEs (over 100 tests) and still do. And we never missed a step and the EEs who did test positive, we had a plan for them to follow.

Some was just what it is and I do agree with WCFWCF in that he (Trump) was put in a terrible position that no one knew what to do. But, presidents are not presidents because they are confused and have no plan of action. The nation looks to the President in times of crisis to lead us through it. He had knowledge of this in December 2019. No actions to curb the pandemic were taken until March 2020.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            But, presidents are not presidents because they are confused and have no plan of action.
            Except for Joe!

Comment

• Future, I totally get and respect what you're saying, and am sorry about those you lost. Still, I have to ask, do you support driving? Motorized vehicles? People die as a result of them. I've known people who have died and been otherwise horribly affected by them. I'm not calling for a ban on driving ... but can anybody get killed or injured by a car if nobody is driving them? So ... should driving be allowed? Never mind alcohol

I'm not trying to minimize anything regarding those who passed or suffered as a result of Covid infection ... just think the restrictions went on too long in some places, that's all. A lot of people here lost their small businesses when that wasn't necessary. I get the initial reaction, just think that things went too long. Don't know if I'm right or wrong, but that was my take.
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Ps I want to point out again that I totally agree with the general tone of your posts and those of others ... which is that health and lives are more important than money. For sure they are, it's just that eventual decision on what is ok when ... who knows

Comment

• But why did they go on too long Forsh?

Do you believe someone said/is saying, "How can I screw up my country/state? Oh I know, let's drag this on."

The point, to me, is the same as eating candy when you are hungry. You just waste time money and you end up back where you started. People who, thinking like this, continued (and still continue) to spread it. Most people abided by the sanctions, but not entirely. THAT IS WHY IT WENT SO LONG. If you have a problem with that, talk to the MAGA people. Talk to the AA and other people like my sister and her kids, who have a deep distrust of the government and steadfastly refuse to be vaccinated.

Sigh

The car thing is partly true, but, if we are looking at it at the beginning (and not cherry picking timelines here) 1 person had/has the ability to spread it to hundreds, that could spread it to millions. Show me a car crash that there were hundreds involved that could have adversely affected millions and we can agree there.

See the point people miss isn't on a personal level, it's the damage that could be done to hundreds, thousands or even millions of people.

People grovel at the length of these measures and look at the lower (then it would have been) death numbers and say it isn't that bad. It would have been without the measures. That's a fact of science. To get to C you must get from A to B first. Thusly, sure pound your chest about lower then you thought positive numbers, but, it is really foolish to think those numbers would have been exponentially higher had the measures not been taken.

Your premise and hypothesis has no factual basis outside of being anecdotal. I have facts behind what I am saying.

SO, again, to answer your question, NO. I do not think it should have gone on so long. I do not think the WHY is what your looking for here.

Comment

• Just FTR, I DO NOT support shot mandates. If that's the hill you want to take a stand on, so be it. God Bless you and I hope it works out for you.

I have had this discussion so much in the last 2 1/2 years.

In my Pathology, Pandemic & Endemic (yeah I had those college classes to do this profession) classes, they always said the first few days or weeks are critical. That is where the initial flub occurred. It continues to drag on because the disease is a lot virulent then we knew and keeps mutating to survive AND people that just believe as they have been told that it is a joke. Or the Flu.

Comment

• Ok you have a point about it going on so long partially because people didn't do what they were recommended to do. I also think that part of the reason is that worldwide governments will inevitably use even crises to gain more control over their populations.

Comment

• Yes. And never forget, Capitalism

Someone, somewhere, would sacrifice everyone in this forum and everyone related to them for some extra $$$ for their summer vaca

I left this profession for 5 years because I couldn't reconcile with what the rest of you found out during the pandemic. A lot of people do not care. Even about themselves. Who am I to judge them. Makes one feel helpless.

Comment

• Yeah personally I support everybody's right to choose for themselves (as you obviously do) ... but it wasn't a hard decision to get vaccinated. I never had anything other than a sore arm the next day, and have never had an ounce of Covid health trouble (knock on wood)

Comment

• I wish, I could wish it all away...

Comment

• As COVID lingers, NFL’s COVID protocols are gone — likely for good

Posted by Mike Florio on July 18, 2022, 9:23 AM EDT

Getty Images

Training camps start opening today, with Buffalo and Las Vegas rookies reporting for duty. As they do, the NFL’s various teams will be gathering and working and practicing and traveling with no COVID protocols of any kind.

All protocols were suspended in March. No protocols have been put back in place. If there were going to be any standard procedures for camp, they’d presumably be in place before the first camps open.

Like so much of the country, it will be very difficult to put the COVID-is-over toothpaste back in the tube. That’s the prevailing attitude, even as the Omicron BA.5 subvariant circulates faster than any version of the virus.

The symptoms are generally less severe, with BA.5 causing more upper and lower respiratory issues. And while BA.5 is better adept at eluding vaccinations, those who have been vaccinated have greater protections against serious injury or death.

Regardless, the NFL and the NFL Players Association have no current inclination to restore past protocols. The problem for the league and some of its teams becomes the potential resurrection of state or local rules regarding masks, which could return as the BA.5 variant continues to spread. Los Angeles, where two NFL teams play their homes games, could be the first place to do it.

For now, the teams will reconvene without the rules and regulations that complicated the past two seasons. There will be no testing. There will be no mandatory absence in the event of testing positive. There will be no distinction between vaccinated and unvaccinated (and, thus, no reason for anyone to lie about being vaccinated by saying, “yeah, I’ve been immunized” and then blaming reporters for not asking a follow-up question).

Good, bad, or somewhere in between, that’s just the way it will be this year. It’s the way it is everywhere. COVID is over, even if it isn’t.

Comment

• Infectious diseases expert Dr Deborah Birx told The Mail on Sunday that coronavirus 'came out of the box ready to infect' when it emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2020.

Yes, very strange. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. Or more accurately, a lab leak.

Comment

Working...
                                X