Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I'll take your expert opinion on it and leave you fellas to the tim foil conspiracies like I promised to yesterday.
    They're not all Celtic supporters as well? FFS.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Maybe so, but I’d expect democracies to be much more forthcoming and transparent during an outbreak if for no other reason than the way they function.

You certainly wouldn’t get media blackouts, doctors being arrested for reportage and censorship in the way you got coming out of China.

China is paranoid and secretive as fuck. They did the same thing when SARs turned up, for months.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Oh I'm pretty sure people will be looking for origins of the virus for the next 100 years, but the work is tedious and won't make it into a Murdoch entity. They didn't get a sample of the 1918 flu until the 90s. But again, it isn't a Law and Order episode with an aha moment.

Getting something out of China is problematic and if detectives from China come over to investigate something in the US they would probably be told to get bent.
        A big problem is going to be that the original variant had a rather high rate of asymptomatic carriers. Good luck tracing a virus that has a roughly 20% chance of going invisible.

Even if it WAS a lab leak, if one of those early carriers was asymptomatic... good luck finding out.

Comment

• Republican politicians, along with POS Joe Manchin: "We're going to block votes and block Biden's agenda, no matter the cost."

Republican voters: "Biden has been unsuccessful in everything he's done, what a loser!"

.......................................><......... ........................... <---connecting some dots for you

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• London, I hear what you're saying. I don't know the truth, but I do tend to believe that any conspiracy that involves more than a couple of people is impossible to conceal. If this was a result of some nefarious research, I feel it will come out.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• And may I ask, THEN WHAT? The world reins fire down on Jina? (I am sorry but that and "little rocket man" is Trumps best zings) Economic sanctions?

What would satisfy the angry mob? It isn't going to bring back my friends and loved ones. If it is to be on guard against more crap out of Jina, then, well, that should be what we do anyway.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It’s quite simple really: you can learn how to try to prevent it happening again.

But only IF you know what caused it.

Comment

• Nope. You are chasing a fantasy. I get it. YOU believe there's no way this happened naturally. I'm not going to dispute that with you because we do not know.

What I do know is that it can happen again naturally.

I think it is US (like the humans on the planet Earth) who would need to know how to respond better because life is ever changing and evolving. That includes contaminants. So maybe next time people will realize the fight we're in and act like adults.

Lol. I'm sorry. That is so funny because if/when it happens again the response will be worse and people will blow it off more. That is the sad state of the world.

People wanted a global community? Ok. You also have to deal with the fact that there's a lot of undeveloped areas that eat, drink and smoke weird things. In some cases some things are being around things that they never would have been. This is the off shoot of your Global community. Cheers!
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's much better to have Joe Manchin as a West Virginia senator than the alternative. He's a Democrat in a +39 R state. Biden has gotten a fair amount passed because of Manchin, he would get a lot more passed if the Democrats figured out how to get 5-10 more Manchin's elected.

Comment

• I know democrats get pissed because they feel Manchin should be blindly accepting Biden’s agenda….but it’s really not all that surprising that Manchin is opposed to it.

He’s sticking up for his constituents….many aspects of the BBB plan destroy employment in WV and basically turns it into a welfare state (even more so that it is already). His assertion that giving a tax credit checks to people that don’t pay taxes is just welfare is spot on.

99.8% of the libs bitching about Manchin don’t live in WV and don’t care 1 lick about the people that do. He was elected to serve the people of WV….not bow down to a broad liberal agenda that would negatively effect his constituency.

Comment

• I guess it's fair to say he's serving his people - those who are working in a dying coal industry. But my opinion is that he's serving them merely by coincidence, since he's the guy who made millions in the coal industry and has a vested interest in it continuing.

I don't feel anyone should be blindly accepting anyone's agenda. I do feel if you have a (D) next to your name, that there are certain principles for which you are in agreeance, and it seems like Manchin continually opposes these. I don't like that one bozo from WV has this much power and I do think he gets off on it, bigtime.
                        Last edited by -Deborah-; July 21, 2022, 11:59 AM. Reason: Tyoo
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• More on topic: Biden has tested positive for COVID.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            More on topic: Biden has tested positive for COVID.
                            I hope that he gets better and recovers.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• When you charge your electric battery your getting energy from sources that are powered by coal😂

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                I guess it's fair to say he's serving his people - those who are working in a dying coal industry. But my opinion is that he's serving them merely by coincidence, since he's the guy who made millions in the coal industry and has a vested interest in it continuing.

I don't feel anyone should be blindly accepting anyone's agenda. I do feel if you have a (D) next to your name, that there are certain principles you for which you are in agreeance, and it seems like Manchin continually opposes these. I don't like that one bozo from WV has this much power and I do think he gets off on it, bigtime.
                                Isn’t voting on certain principals a certain way just because you have a D next to your name blindly accepting?

This is why politics has become so highly polarized…nobody is supposed to make up their own mind on the individual issues anymore, they wait for their political party leadership to tell them how to think.

It’s also the reason no one wants to find a middle ground anymore….on a given subject, not only are you supposed to have a specifically determined opinion (based on your political affiliation) but if you don’t carry it out to the most extreme then you’re the enemy.

Example…Trans-stuff. I am highly supportive of gay and trans rights, I believe that everyone should be able to live their lives the way they want to without interference or discrimination (use whatever bathroom you like) BUT that support stops at participation in womens/girls sports (and to a lesser extent the hijacking/awkward misuse of the pronouns “they/their”). This (according to liberal ideology) makes me a horrible bigot and team-TERF.

Not saying the right is any better…my own mother acts like I’m a baby killer for supporting abortion rights …but I also believe in a cap somewhere between 12-15 weeks (because I’ve taken a host of human development classes and have my own opinions on when the cells become a person) I think it’s a good and fair compromise. So depending on who I’m talking to I’m anti-women’s rights or a baby killer…for having an informed yet middle of the road opinion that respects both sides to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                                X