Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    necessary to

Yes, but you don't deal with the issue I raised. Europe is in the mess you describe because they won't go and get the natural gas under their feet. When I talk of the Greens, I don't mean a political party but rather a mindset that you and the other Dems here have that we should raise the price of gasoline so as to make it desirable to move to EVs and wind and solar generation. This is what you stand for, you and Future and CG and the rest of the chorus of progs. Own it.

I suggest it is smarter to help the EU become an energy producer for their own consumption. The fact that they won't do so is another example of how unthinking and propagandized your view of the world is.
    Uh, you might be conflating me with Deb or someone, because I said no such thing. I said coal was dying because of the same free markets the people in West Virginia claims to love rather than "green energy initiatives," which is true.

Trump cut taxes and built the wall, as he promised. He unleashed the O+G industry. Mostly, he stripped away the regulatory burden on the producers in society. Now I could cut and paste all the accomplishments I listed above, but they were massive. The tax cut in particular (targeted toward lower-income households with a $ 12,000 child credit) let the producers in the country keep more of their money and pay less to the government. Now, I understand that you welfare recipients don't take part in the real economy, but those of us who PAY taxes really like that.

And, I think you just said BBB was an "accomplishment" of the Biden administration. Of course, you do. 85% of the BBB funds go to "human infrastructure", that is, to welfare. That doesn't cause any increase in actual infrastructure. It does cause excess spending from the non-productive people which is why we have 9.1% inflation. Some accomplishment.
    And you can fuck right off, fossil. You're no doubt one of those Social Security slaves living off the federal teat, you damn hypocrite.

Wow! Ya know what? It is kinda fun to make up my own reality without any evidence and ignore any contrary statements. Give me my money back, you leech. I'd rather it go to someone who'd appreciate it rather than some reactionary fossil who doesn't have anything better to do with what little remains of his life than yearn for a world that never existed except in his fragmented memories of when he was a kid.

It doesn't matter what you say or what you prove. I've decided you're a Social Security leech. So there, bitch. I want my money back. Pay up, leech. Not in a check, though. It'd probably bounce.

As for Trump, he "built" next to jack shit.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...y-built-458255

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/3437653001/

What happened to President Trump's long-promised wall? How much of it got built? And how effective has it been?

The overwhelming majority of "the wall" replaced barriers that already existed, oh and went extremely over budget simply to do that.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10...-rising-trump/

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/19/79731...-s-most-costly

The rest of your tripe is more typical old man bullshit not worth addressing. So yeah. You're wrong. About everything. Again. Like always. And you'll ignore it because it's better to hide in a fantasy world rather than face reality. Go back to bed, old man.

Oh, but pay up first. Filthy parasite.
    Last edited by chemiclord; July 23, 2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

So I guess you should keep talking about pronouns and what a woman is and who should use which bathroom, and about drag queen story hour and all the other silliness you guys believe.
      These are all the things the Right is clutching their pearls about. That is the only side 'talking about' such stupid shit.

And of course Elmo, and Mr. Potato Head, and Nike, and ....

That and all your other made up nonsense.
      Last edited by dpatnod; July 23, 2022, 11:49 PM.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Geezer acting like multisex bathrooms didn't exist until ten years ago or something.

Comment

• You mean when 1 man or woman could go into an empty bathroom individually?
          Or when a Man can go into a woman’s bathroom, such as at Ford Field, because they identify as a Woman?

Comment

• Just trying to clarify the timeline your talking about.
            Not that it really matters, just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
              Just trying to clarify the timeline your talking about.
              Not that it really matters, just curious.
              Does it really matter how the person identifies? The idea of mixed gender bathrooms isn't new. It's not even particularly new in the United States (they could be found on college campuses as far back as 2000). It's only a scare tactic now because the reactionary right has decided transsexual people are safe targets of their ire.

Comment

• I'd love public restrooms set up like they were at Niagara Falls, Canada when I was over there last month. It's all unisex, but each stall is effectively it's own mini-bathroom. You get total privacy, and there wasn't any handwringing about who belonged where.

The way we do public restrooms in general in the USA is pretty ridiculous. Even if we don't have to, we've got this compulsion to pack everyone in like sardines with as few amenities as we can get away with.

Comment

• Because Freedom modda fugga!!!!!!!

Pack em in and bring an uzzi!
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• For the whole EV thing diatribe....... I don't have one. Yet. A couple unique cars I think about converting to electric. Seriously. But that's another topic.

As far as crying about where the electricity is coming from NOW (which doesn't rely on a majority of coal, etc.), that doesn't matter.

Renewables are going to overtake the market as the technology improves. It's happening now, rapidly - just by capitalism and they are becoming cheaper. Gramps. Very soon, your claims that the electrons in the wires still come from fossil fuels will be even more rediculous, as those fuels will be replaced because...... there is better shit.

BTW, Renewables are better in a multitude of ways health and safety-wise.

Jaysus, arguing this stupidity as Europe sets heat records, like everywhere else, fires rage all over, there's a 40 mile dead zone in chernobyl, drought in the southwest. Why are you so opposed to learning from past & current experience?

Say it with me...... 'Oops my bad!'. Cool. Now let's do better.

The world is going to change. Things are different.

Cry some more.
                    Last edited by dpatnod; July 24, 2022, 02:24 AM.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Hooray for freedumb!!1

New York adult diagnosed with polio, first US case in nearly a decade

Lions Fans.

Comment

• What I will say is that nuclear science has advanced tremendously since Chernobyl, and it doesn't do us a particular amount of good to live in constant fear of that, rejecting astonishingly clean energy because the Soviet Union didn't know what they were actually doing and were desperate to get predetermined results in a poorly constructed and maintained reactor, willfully ignoring and even bypassing several security stages that would have stopped it from happening.

Especially since nuclear fusion is probably going to be the only solution that would be universal to the world's energy needs.

As far as EV's go, yeah... their detractors are right that right now, the root of their power is in the same fossil fuels that is claimed we should be weaning off of. Right now, it's simply potential. Yeah, EVs use fossil fuels, but unlike ICE, they don't have to. An EV motor doesn't care where the electricity comes from, and if you want to maintain the independence of your own personal vehicle that isn't pumping CO2 into the atmosphere, that's your only viable alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Geezer acting like multisex bathrooms didn't exist until ten years ago or something.
                          The requirement of gender identity bathrooms did not exist until the Obama administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                            It's a bit curious that this man was apparently infected by a weakened vaccine virus strain that hasn't been used in over 20 years. I have no doubt that is going to be fodder for the anti-vax community.

Comment

The requirement of gender identity bathrooms did not exist until the Obama administration.
                              I mean, I guess I can see why you'd think that's a problem? I get the fear.

But that's all it is. Fear. And not even a particularly compelling thing to be afraid of anyway. This idea that the only thing keeping men from being violent towards women is some sign in front a restroom seems... pretty silly to me. That a dude would go through the process of pretending to be woman so that he could corner a girl in a woman's restroom is an oddly specific sort of fantasy that doesn't seem particularly reasonable in any sort of numbers beyond what already happens.

That sort of man isn't going to be bother with claiming to be a woman, especially since he can indulge his violent urges in, well... pretty much every other way possible.

Comment

• Well, a cross-dressing "guy" raped two different girls in the girls' bathroom in Louden Co Maryland. It is certainly not a major issue, but why tempt anyone. Let the boys go to the boys bathroom and the girls to the girls'. You progs are the ones who make gender identity a big issue, not me. If you choose to cater to those with gender dysphoria, fine. I think it is a sickness and should not be encouraged.

Comment

Working...
                                X