Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Ok, so things like polio and measles have vaccines that prevent the vaccinated from catching and spreading the disease.

Is that hypothetically possible with a flu/Covid vaccine?
    Yes.

They are called the flu vaccine, and the COVID vaccine. Although usually the slang the 'flu shot' is used for the influenza preventative.

Or do you mean can you combine two medicines into a single dose? Cuz my dude, had to take the dog to the vet today.... they now have a single chewable that is BOTH heartworm AND flee and tick preventative! It is less 'treats', but a little cheaper than the two seperately. Man - anything is possible. It's like we're living in the year 2000!

Will Arnett Conan GIF by Team Coco
    Last edited by dpatnod; August 20, 2021, 11:30 PM.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The Covid vaccine doesn’t eradicate Covid. It lessens the symptoms, but you can still be a carrier. The Gov has said this from day one. MRNA is brand fucking new.

Public health officials are not marketers and not politicans, so the message has been fucked.

Look at AIDS. People thought it was a “gay virus.” No. It goes wherever this is bodily fluid transmission. For anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Yes.

They are called the flu vaccine, and the COVID vaccine. Although usually the slang the 'flu shot' is used for the influenza preventative.

Or do you mean can you combine two medicines into a single dose? Cuz my dude, had to take the dog to the vet today.... they now have a single chewable that is BOTH heartworm AND flee and tick preventative! It is less 'treats', but a little cheaper than the two seperately. Man - anything is possible. It's like we're living in the year 2000!

Will Arnett Conan GIF by Team Coco
        No, what I'm saying is that it seems there are breakthrough cases where vaccinated people are catching COVID and can spread it (and there might be a lot more asymptomatic) ... whereas it seems that with polio/measles, etc that wouldn't happen. Maybe it's the nature of the virus, maybe it's people catching mutated forms of it, maybe it's the vaccines not been perfected yet, I dunno
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          The Covid vaccine doesn’t eradicate Covid. It lessens the symptoms, but you can still be a carrier. The Gov has said this from day one. MRNA is brand fucking new.

Public health officials are not marketers and not politicans, so the message has been fucked.

Look at AIDS. People thought it was a “gay virus.” No. It goes wherever this is bodily fluid transmission. For anyone.
          The MRNA tech being new makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

No, what I'm saying is that it seems there are breakthrough cases where vaccinated people are catching COVID and can spread it (and there might be a lot more asymptomatic) ... whereas it seems that with polio/measles, etc that wouldn't happen. Maybe it's the nature of the virus, maybe it's people catching mutated forms of it, maybe it's the vaccines not been perfected yet, I dunno
            Yeah. They are different, and behave differently. But it's not that it can't happen. The mutation happens when the virus reproduces. Think of a cell dividing into two. Every time that happens, a piece of DNA might not copy itself perfectly into the two cells that are created. One might have a glitch. That is how the mutation happens. It's just a hundred times a year it happens with Polio viruses, but a hundred billion times a year with COVID. Or something like that. Vaccinated people have a lower viral load in their system because the virus reproduces less (or almost not at all). So spreading it is much limited. Yes the Polio vaccine, etc. is a more sure weapon, because the Polio virus is 1) less likely to mutate and 2) less plentiful in the environment to have the opportunity. COVID behaves differently than other pathogens. It aggresivelly mutates. Because it is pissed at you. Polio is more prone to mutate and be a retard cousin that can't survive. COVID mutates and KICKS YOUR ASS!!!!!!!

They are different viruses. They react differently. And the Polio vaccine is probably more targeted to where it will prevent the virus unless it mutated SO MUCH that it was un-recognizable, which would take generations. THis COVID shit is still pretty new. It's part of that 5G shit.. So, yeah - nothing is perfect yet. But. it's pretty good. And it doesn't make metal stick to you. And ........ I heard.... Bill Gates gets pissed when you get the vaccine.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Well most of that sounds about right

Comment

• Op-Ed: As a doctor in a COVID unit, I’m running out of compassion for the unvaccinated. Get the shot

“Well, I’m not an anti-vaxxer or anything. I was just waiting for the FDA to approve the vaccine first. I didn’t want to take anything experimental. I didn’t want to be the government’s guinea pig, and I don’t trust that it’s safe,” he said.

“Not nearly as many doses of remdesivir have been given or studied in people and its long-term side effects are still unknown,” I said. “Do you still want me to give it to you?”
                “Yes” he responded, “Whatever it takes to save my life.”

It did not work.

My patient died nine days later of a stroke.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Screenshot 2021-08-21 8.31.27 AM.png
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I am vaccinated but I know it only will attempt to slow this virus down

But oops

Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• 1 in a billion. Or 1 in 100,000.

Choose which odds you think are better.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        The flu virus mutates constantly. That's why you can get it every year. Cuz it changed, man And it wants to make sure you know, it's doing better without you. You didn't even mean that much to it last year. And it has some sexual critiques for you as well.

But, to more directly answer your question - in the way you posed the question..... Because these two viruses (influenza and Covid) are two different things. They might be related.... you know - like how you are related to Redwood Trees, right?

Well, one of these viruses is a larger concern, and a more radical son of a bitch. Well, unless you are a person who is infected with either one of the two and is sitting in the ICU. Then I guess you care more about the one that is killing you.

Or, I guess if you're the guy having a heart attack that can't get into a hospital cuz it's full of True Patriots who won't take the magnetic Foucci Ouchie, cuz ya know - that's how they get ya, and Bill Gates'll be tracking you, cuz you are FUCKINN Interesting....

. Well, tracking you - unless you leave your phone at home. Cuz that is all some serious delusional bullshit.

But, I Guess it makes the two illnesses seem a little different as a cardiac patient shopping for an open ER in a country full of entitled assholes.

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

But ya know... whatevs. I ain't putting fabric on my face!!!!! Merica!!!!!!
                        That was good. I would only add that it isn't just the "Patriot" antivax people. It's also the "Tuskegee" antivax people and also the "Trail of tears" antivax people too. My sister, her husband (who currently has COVID), my niece and nephew (who had it earlier this year) are in the "Tuskegee" antivax people category.

Some people inherently distrust the government. BUT, go to your doctor. If you know someone FORMERLY EDUCATED in epidemiology or pathology, ok. Bubba on youtube? uh no.

One thing that I have had to deal with my entire career in Safety and Health is confronting the things that people don't want to do.

At one point in time, I had to get people to Wear Seatbelts, Not Smoking in the Building, Not toting gas cans in back of utility trucks, etc...

All these things seem like common sense today, but it was as much a "personal choice" - "You steppin on my freedoms" type of thing. What I can say is that over the course of time people will slowly lament over the years. The problem here is that IDK if we have years before the virus finds a solution to our vaccines with a variant that renders all vaccines null.

For me this isn't new. People have been resistant to this type of thing since forever.

Originally posted by Forsh View Post

In the Health and Safety fields we want to:
                        1. Eliminate
                        2. Minimize
                        3. Reduce
                        The polio/measles pathogen has been around long enough that we have a handle on how to tailor vaccinations that will eliminate catching them. COVID vaccinations down the road will be like such. As of now, IMHO the world's scientists did what we need now. They found a way(s) to reduce and minimize the effects of the pathogen.

So no, it is not perfect. But, it is more then well enough to reduce what happens if you are exposed.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dpatnod? “Whatevs”? 🤦‍♂️ Put that fabric back on yer coupon and STFU! Get your ‘Merican a$$ to the agro thread. 🤬

Seriously though. Main BBC news today ——>> the MAIN news, even before the Afghan news…….. double / fully (whatevs) vac wears off after 6 to 8 months.

WHAT????? Scientist bastards. GET A BETTER VACCINE MADE!
                          (i’d help out but too busy)
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Dpatnod? “Whatevs”? 🤦‍♂️ Put that fabric back on yer coupon and STFU! Get your ‘Merican a$$ to the agro thread. 🤬

Seriously though. Main BBC news today ——>> the MAIN news, even before the Afghan news…….. double / fully (whatevs) vac wears off after 6 to 8 months.

WHAT????? Scientist bastards. GET A BETTER VACCINE MADE!
                            (i’d help out but too busy)
                            There may be a need for a booster at 8 months for the FDA APPROVED FPIZER vaccinne.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I got the now FDA APPROVED FPIZER vaccinne.in March-April. I wonder what the tin-foil-hat non-vaxers gonna go with now?

Oh, watch the goal posts move on this.

Comment

• Jerry Jones: Getting vaccinated is about team accountability, common good

Posted by Charean Williams on August 24, 2021, 10:04 PM EDT

Getty Images

Former Cowboys receiver Cole Beasley, now with the Bills, has become the face of the anti-vaxxers in the NFL. He has turned Cowboys owner Jerry Jones into the face of the pro-vaxxers in the NFL.

Who could have guessed?

On his weekly radio show Tuesday, Jones was asked about what he would say to players like Beasley who insist the NFL is trying to force them into getting vaccinated.

“I don’t really say anything here,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, via Mark Lane of WFAA, before saying a lot. “To me, this is a team game. We rely on each other to play. We rely on each other to win. We have to have each other. There’s 11 guys out there at any one time to be trite about it. You have to count on the other guy being available, and you certainly don’t want to be doing anything that causes your teammates to not be available. All of that comes to the same conclusion as far as what you agreed to be as far as a player, be part of a team. You check ‘I’ at the door, so to speak. All of those has an answer.

“Everyone has a right to make their own decisions regarding their health and their body. I believe in that completely until your decisions as to yourself impacts negatively many others. Then, the common good takes over. And I’m arm-waving here, but that has everything to do with the way I look at our team, the Cowboys, or the way I look at our society. We have got to check ‘I’ at the door and go forward with ‘we.’ Your Dallas Cowboys are doing that.”

The Cowboys announced Saturday that their player vaccination rate is 93 percent. They have four players and defensive coordinator Dan Quinn in COVID-19 protocol, but Quinn, Carlos Watkins and CeeDee Lamb, all of whom tested positive, are fully vaccinated, Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Jones, 78, is in the vulnerable population, and with a stadium that averaged more than 90,000 fans in 2019, he has money riding on his team playing in front of a full house. So his stance surely is about both safety and money.

The Cowboys led the NFL in attendance again last season but averaged only 28,187 per game because of COVID-19 protocols.

“Every team, of course, will conform to what the local or state protocols are, and whatever they are they are,” Jones said. “In general, what’s different this year is the vaccine, and the vaccine has removed any realistic concern about the teams competing or the teams competing before a full house of football fans. So, that’s the difference. Last year was certainly a lot more than practice, but last year was an exercise that all the teams went through; the league went through. It was very successful. Your Cowboys, in terms of attendance, were the most successful of all. We’ll remember and use what we learned last year, and we will obviously use that in the fact we have this vaccine available.”

Comment

Working...
                                X